X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations on your recovery

Best regards,
    Claude
    Love is wonderful, because anyone with love in his heart wants to see everyone in bliss, everyone healthy and everyone availing freedom. This is the state of a man who considers the world as his family. Such are the wise man, the great souls. (Shri Shantananda Saraswati)

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
      The English humour can't let this one go without comment
      I'm sorry, Sihing Andrew, I do not understand ... I am trying my best to write in English, but obviously I sometimes do not succeed.

Anyway, as a piano player in my youth I succeeded in playing quite a lot of Chopin, but never of Liszt. I love his piano pieces, but I never was a virtuoso ...

Kind - and joyful - regards,
      Dorit
      ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

Don't worry, Dorit. Your English is excellent. But the English love to play with words and double-meanings.

.. and now to explain in German.

Wenn du "Enjoy .... Liszt's overwhelming pieces" geschrieben hast, könnte es so übersetzen: "Geniess Liszts überwältigenden Teilen" ... Teilen können auch (empfindliche) Körperteile sein . Wie gesagt .... Englischer Humor
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

.. and now to explain in German. [...]
          oops - this was (of course) not what I wanted to express.
          Thank you for clarification (a funny definition anyway)!

Happy Shaolin greetings
          Dorit

PS: Liszt was a great composer, often underestimated, his compositions mostly technically very demanding - the more for someone who has had his hand broken!
          ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

Originally posted by Dorit View Post
            Anyway, as a piano player in my youth I succeeded in playing quite a lot of Chopin, but never of Liszt. I love his piano pieces, but I never was a virtuoso ...
            If you succeeded playing Chopin, you are a virtuoso. But to succeed playing Liszt you need a "little bit of craziness" too

Wenn du "Enjoy .... Liszt's overwhelming pieces" geschrieben hast, könnte es so übersetzen: "Geniess Liszts überwältigenden Teilen" ... Teilen können auch (empfindliche) Körperteile sein . Wie gesagt .... Englischer Humor
            Much clearer now... if you speak German

Originally posted by Dorit View Post
            PS: Liszt was a great composer, often underestimated, his compositions mostly technically very demanding - the more for someone who has had his hand broken!
            György Cziffra (maybe the best Liszt performer ever) was sent to soviet forced labour camps in 1950, where he broke his 2 wrists. Here it is a recording of him playing Liszt 10 years later:
            Pianist: Gyorgy (Georges) Cziffra playing Liszt's "Grand Galop Chromatique," in E-flat major S. 219. I read on someone elses video that this was live from J...

My little fracture is a joke compared with Cziffra's injury. He is the proof that if you really want there is always a way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post
              If you succeeded playing Chopin, you are a virtuoso. But to succeed playing Liszt you need a "little bit of craziness" too
              oh no - the most demanding pieces I couldn't play. I was only a home player (hopefully this is not another British humour expression ). My hands are too small; I once hurt my right hand by playing fast octaves too long.

Originally posted by Mazeppa View Post
              György Cziffra (maybe the best Liszt performer ever) was sent to soviet forced labour camps in 1950, where he broke his 2 wrists.…
              My little fracture is a joke compared with Cziffra's injury. He is the proof that if you really want there is always a way.
              Cziffra is my absolute favourite Liszt performer, for many, many years - my father had an early recording (LP) which is gone lost, unfortunately. - I didn't know about his broken wrists!
              But don't disrespect your own fracture; you did a double healing, the healing of your mind. And this is a really great thing. Who has so much insight, getting wounded, and asking himself: why? and finding the answer within himself?

Comment

Working...
              X