Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• male health

Hi there,

I would like some help dispelling my limiting beliefs and thoughts.

I have been fortunate enough to be feel energized and strong from Chi Kung training, but then for reasons I am unaware of,
    my health diminished owing to nocturnal emissions. I have not changed anything or brought on any bad habits since then.
    As I am 33 years old, I wouldn't worry about it if not for the fact that they get stuck sometimes and still leave me
    exhausted. I also experience difficulty using a computer and driving for long periods owing to eyestrain, if that is
    related.

So, I would like to apply Sifu Fleurs magnifcent method of solving problems (https://www.shaolin.org/general-2/36...s/fleur01.html) to get to the root of this.

I'd also welcome honesty, since realizing that the mind plays the most important part.

So using Sifu Fleurs method:

Step 1. Health problem -internal nocturnal emission
    -dry, sore eyes

Step 2. short answer: to practice high-level Chi Kung

long answer:

dry eyes - more lemon juice,green foods and massage eye and head points additionally every day

flow in the night - I have read that the following may help. Bone broth, pepitas, peppermint oil massage, shower in the
    evening, more physical activity.

mental affirmations - "I avoid sexual thoughts during sleep". "I deserve to have a good, nourishing sleep."

Step 3. - Just enjoy applying the methods.

And finally, I would like to trust that things will work when a doubt creeps in?

For example. I have read that eating spicy and/or heavy meals at night contributes to emission.

I don't know whether this is true or not, but because I am scared to experience another draining flow, I subscribe to it.
    I would much rather just enjoy the meal, heavy or not.

Best wishes.
    Christoff.
    Last edited by Christoff; 15 August 2013, 11:39 PM.

Hi Christoff,

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Congratulations on having the courage to talk openly about personal issues - you will help many people in this regard.

Health deterioration after practicing high-level chi kung is usually (1) a temporary period of deep cleansing, (2) overtraining or (3) due to other deleterious factors that interfere with the chi kung (such as practicing under high voltage powerlines).

In your case, I think the problem is probably not these factors, but rather reaching a new level of energy.

That energy wants to be expressed, so I think that trying to dam it up even further (such as by the suggestion of having no sexual thoughts before sleep) is counterproductive. Spending more time on social activities, fun, games, sports and the like may be the outlet your whole being is looking for.

Please bear in mind that this advice is just what came to mind when I read your post. It would also be good to get the advice of our western physicians, such as Sifu Anton, and our Chinese physicians, such as Sifu Maxime. I don't have any direct experience of helping someone through such an issue, and there may be more involved here involving your kidney system.

If the problem persists or gets worse, I would also suggest going to visit Sifu Jeffrey, who will be able to review not only your practice, but also assess your symptoms fully from the TCM paradigm.

Best,
    Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
    Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
    Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
    - ancient wisdom

Comment

Andy's advice is sound. What the real reason for this situation is will be difficult to ascertain via this forum. My personal (gut) feeling is that it may be a deviation. How far away (and who) is your Sifu? Sifu Jeffrey or Sifu Neil would be ideal sources of support if you cannot get to see your own Sifu (because of their extensive medical knowledge).

P.S. The method you refer to is from Sifu Wong. Sifu Fleur's question led to the answer being given.
      Sifu Andrew Barnett
      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Originally posted by Christoff View Post
        I have been fortunate enough to be feel energized and strong from Chi Kung training, but then for reasons I am unaware of,
        my health diminished owing to nocturnal emissions. I have not changed anything or brought on any bad habits since then.
        Dear Christoff,

First of all, don´t worry. I will leave the Qigong advice part to your Sifu, and focus on the Chinese medicine part (we are on the Chinese medicine section of the forum, after all ).

If correct Qigong practice has not been able to settle your nocturnal emissions issue, then it would be beneficial to have a complete Chinese medicine diagnosis. I suspect that some internal treatments (prescription of Chinese pharmacology) might well be the trigger that you need to overcome that situation. I have seen several cases where internal medicine has been of tremendous help when Qigong was for some time not giving as much results as "expected". Nature works in mysterious ways as we know.

Nocturnal emissions are called Yi Jing in chinese medicine. There are two main causes: either the Jing Ye (sperm) is expelled out through an excessive Yang Qi movement, or it is lost because the body cannot maintain its fonction of keeping the Qi in. Both causes can manifest in at least almost a dozen of syndroms (patterns), that need to be evaluate through diagnosis.

For example, if your nocturnal emissions are caused by a pattern called Heart & Kidney Do Not Communicate, then 1- the Heart Fire will not be able to warm the Kidneys (they will weaken their function of closing and controlling the "lower openings", hence losing sperm), 2- the Heart Fire will excite the shen (mind and sexual excitement), and 3- internal heat will push the sperm out of its own chamber (the Kidney Water does not communicate with Heart Fire, therefore doesn´t cool it down). There are some excellent Chinese medicine formulas for this condtion.

Or, another example, on the contrary if there is a double Deficiency of Heart & Kidneys, then 1- the Heart Fire (Heart, Shen, the emperor) has not the power to instruct his Minister (Kidneys, the Minister below) to hold on the sperm, and 2- the Minister Fire cannot close the lower openings. This pattern works both at the conscious and unconscious level. Generally, emotions are at the origin of that syndrom. There are also some excellent formulas for that condition.

It is quite common that a couple of syndroms combine together to some extent. A thorough diagnostic is essential to assess the patterns, then devise a therapeutic strategy, then to create the appropriate formula, totally tailored to the situation.

Finally, I doubt that eating heavy meals will aggravate your situation, or that drinking lemon juice will resorbe the emissions. Let´s stay serious, don´t trust everything you read on the internet or hear from wannabe-doctors . Much more important is to ensure a correct lifestyle with healthy sexual activity/relationship, and balanced emotions. Those last two points are essential.

If internal Chinese medicine can help your Qigong and correct lifestyle working better, then it might be well worth to have a try. But you need to find a qualified Chinese medicine doctor, who masters Chinese pharmacology well enough. If you have any other questions please go ahead!

Take care,

Maxime
        Last edited by Maxime; 17 August 2013, 10:47 AM.

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Hi Maxime, Sifu Andyrew and Sifu Andy,

Thanks for your quick and clear replies.

I have spoken to Sihing Jeffrey, he kindly gave me the insight to simply "let go", just "let go". Simply receiving this message from him was enough itself to open my heart, not to mention the other invaluable advice and generosity he showed me! (thanks again Sihing Jeffrey).

He also advised keeping in regular contact with himself and/or my local Sihing, as well as attending classes.

Originally posted by Andy View Post

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. Congratulations on having the courage to talk openly about personal issues - you will help many people in this regard.

Health deterioration after practicing high-level chi kung is usually (1) a temporary period of deep cleansing, (2) overtraining or (3) due to other deleterious factors that interfere with the chi kung (such as practicing under high voltage powerlines).

In your case, I think the problem is probably not these factors, but rather reaching a new level of energy.

That energy wants to be expressed, so I think that trying to dam it up even further (such as by the suggestion of having no sexual thoughts before sleep) is counterproductive. Spending more time on social activities, fun, games, sports and the like may be the outlet your whole being is looking for.
          Thank you kindly Sifu Andy, fantastic to read this.

I hope that future students will benefit from this thread and a future testimonial.

Much more important is to ensure a correct lifestyle with healthy sexual activity/relationship, and balanced emotions. Those last two points are essential.
          Absolutely. Once again, I hope to attend regular chi kung classes and keep in touch with my Sihings as a first point, rather than arrogantly believe I can solve my own problems by myself! More importantly, by being reclusive I am depriving others of the chance to learn from my mistakes.
          Chris.
          Last edited by Christoff; 7 September 2013, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Hi Maxime,

In fact I would like to ask you a few questions. Recently I moved to a new area and have a similar problem reoccur. I don't know any good Chinese Medicine practioners here where I am. So I plan to try a little acupressure on myself in the meantime.

So the good news is I feel stronger mentally and am not so worried about bad dreams! But the bad news is they started happening sometimes since I moved to this new area

So, I usually wake with dry and irritated eyes. It's as though they are on fire! Even though I don't use the computer much anymore. I read that this may indicate a kidney yin deficiency, which I was also told by a good Chinese Medicine practioner that I have had for awhile.

Finally, at the moment I still do not get benefit from chi Kung so this is not an option.

The main reason I write here again is that I don't want to sink $ into an acupuncturist, good or not, only to have the same problem occur from my sleeping environment. Sifu Leo, in my other thread regarding Feng Shui mentioned that as long as the sleeping environment was clean, not too cluttered, and not near any major Feng shui "no-nos, then it shouldn't be an issue.
            Yet, why did I have good sleeps in my previous location but have not-nice sleeps in this new one, with sore dry bloodshot eyes every morning?

So, I am sorry to write here again, but the help right now, is appreciated.

Comment

Dear Christoff,

From what I read you worry a lot about any physical problems that arise (I should know as I used to do the same). Your eye problems may have been caused by the move itself as moving can cause stress. Or it may be something else entirely. Same as any other problems you have. Your Chi Kung practise should solve all these problems, but maybe not in the order you have in mind as Chi flows to the parts of your body which need it most. Your eye problems may be only a minor blockage or a symptom of a lange blockage. Either way, you should:

1 Make sure you practise correctly (the best way to do this is to enjoy your Chi Kung).
              2 Not worry.

If your eyes hurt, just relax and don't worry. If you have a male health issue at night, don't worry. Just carry on. And don't bother with an acu massage, enjoy your day Instead.

Best wishes,
              Roeland
              www.shaolinwahnam.nl
              www.shaolinholland.com

Comment

Also don't underestimate the obvious..Are your pillows and bed linens the same? How about the bed?..are you sleeping with windows open and there are some plant allergens your not used to...Is the humidity much different in your new place? Sometimes we who practice these arts can get a bit jaded and attribute everything to our chi kung practice when there could
                be some other simple explanation....just keep an open mind.. Warmly Gusty

PS. the good news is that the more healed and healthy we become the less these things affect us...

Comment

Originally posted by christoph View Post
                  So, I usually wake with dry and irritated eyes. It's as though they are on fire!

Yet, why did I have good sleeps in my previous location but have not-nice sleeps in this new one, with sore dry bloodshot eyes every morning?
                  Hi Christoph,

It seems that I just missed your question. So better late than never. Since you metionned that Chi Kung is not an option for you now, I will focus my answer on Chinese Medicine per se.

Dry and irritated eyes can occur both as an acute or chronic condition; it can be induced by a Kidney & Liver Yin deficiency, but NOT ONLY. It could be as well Wind Heat Attacking the Surface, or Liver & Gall Bladder Fire, etc. Those last patterns are COMPLETELY different from and require a completely different treatment than for a Yin Deficiency condition.

In your case it is quite difficult to ascertain its origin (due to the house change - or not), but if it is acute then it might be worth exploring the possibility of Wind Heat or Liver Yang Ascending, for exemple. There is no necessary a link between your changing place and irritated eyes. Or you might react (allergy) to a specific bactery lying in your new house and threfore at the origin of the condition.

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Hello,

I thought I would update this post now, five years later. I no longer have troubled dreams. I have improved my sleep quality, and I am no longer so worried about my sleeping environment or sore eyes.

In fact I suspect sore bloodshot eyes were exactly what you first said, Maxime, that I have a Kidney Yin deficiency, so I am learn to live and work with that rather than panic and feel worried, I think this is most important!! (When our weakness is not such a weakness, because we are all human! In fact Sifu even said that many animals naturally surpass humans with things such as senses and reaction speed. Even if we feel like Superman, we are still human!).

However, I still do not have the best sleep. It is strange, once in a while I have laid down and had an amazing sleep, I feel so confident and fearless even if I did not get benefits from chi kung previously, it makes me wonder if this is how I should feel every day as a still relatively young man, and I think, yes I should, this is just yang that is replenished at night for a 38-year old, this is natural isn't it? So of course I next wonder how this happens so rarely, instead of every night.

With that in mind I am going to make a thread on getting good sleep. I believe this should be discussed openly. I will post it in- https://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/fo...popular-topics. If this is Kwoon is not the suitable place to post then I hope I can post a link to other websites where I will share the link.

I also no longer worry about the environment at all. As Maxime said above, if it was an allergy, I would react, and I do not have a severe reaction after spending time in the room. Let me clarify this. After I used to leave the house, I would often feel an urge to clear phlegm from my throat once I was outside in the fresh air. So therefore, I allowed myself to believe that the room itself was unhealthy, and causing my body phlegm and various problems, and began to become very cautious, purchasing organic bedding products, etc. Then I was kindly yet firmly reminded that the environment is not the issue. And it made me realize that the fact that I had phlegm once in the fresh air, was not because the room was unhealthy, but simply because I was outside in an invigorating fresh environment which helped nourish my lung energy. That's it. So it was just my own mind that made me create a thing that was untrue, and then believe it!

Anyway, at the very least I have made some progress with my understanding of sleep and my own health. I would also like to thank those who have supported me and reminded me to be patient and gentle with this process. I have had to learn the hard way that sometimes, in fact most times, there is no magic wand approach.

Kind regards
                    Chris
                    Last edited by christoph; 22 August 2018, 03:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X