Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defusing a Tense Situation with Chi Kung

Hello Wahnam!

I would just like to relate an experience I had yesterday wherein I defused a tense and somewhat awkward situation with my Chi Kung skills. Smiling from the Heart and allowing Zen to lead my actions.

Nearby where I live there is a Sees candy store, I went there to buy a box of chocolates for my Grandma and Grandpa. While paying for the sweets a couple loud and unruly young men came into the store shouting and being a disruption. The burly one stopped and said to me "Aren't you going to buy mine too?" Now I would normally pass it off as a joke, but I sensed something off about the entire situation from the moment they came in. I turned to him smiling noticing his expression was not so mirthful... I looked him in the eye for a few moments, feeling serenity and internal force emanating from my gaze. His demeanor turned less serious, less hostile, and my threat-o-meter dropped to low. I chuckled a little and told him to have a nice day before paying and walking out the store with my purchase.

So, in short I've found out first hand that a good way to defend oneself from hostility is to neutralize it before it erupts.

/Shaolin Salute
    David
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Hi David,

These sorts of public situations are unfortunate and disappointingly common.

Congratulations on defusing the situation through Zen and Chi

Best,
    Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
    Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
    Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
    - ancient wisdom

Comment

Obviously not the response he expected, but one much better for all.

It was generous of you to share your serenity with someone that way.
      When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

Working...
      X