No announcement yet.

Documentary: Oldest Shaolin participation in combat | Battle of Hulao 621 CE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documentary: Oldest Shaolin participation in combat | Battle of Hulao 621 CE

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family

I recently came across this documentary ... about the beginning of Shaolin and the Battle of Hulao (621 CE) which seems to be the first evidence that the Shaolin monks participated in combat.
    Overall it's nicely done and in my humble opinion worth watching .

I found this via google+ at the Ancient History Encyclopedia, which has a few interesting videos on Chinese and world history.
    Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Best regards
    Andrea
    Last edited by Andrea; 2 March 2013, 09:51 AM.
    Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
    Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

And here the historical background:

The Battle of Hulao (虎牢之戰) of 28 May 621, located just east of Luoyang, was a decisive victory for Li Shimin, through which he was able to subdue two warlords, Dou Jiande and Wang Shichong. Li Shimin led a siege on the city of Luoyang, head of the self-declared emperor Wang Shichong, who solicited help from Dou Jiande from the east. However, Dou Jiande delayed and when he finally arrived, Li Shimin brought forces to meet the new threat. Li Shimin's army avoided conflict until the troops of Dou Jiande were exhausted and then led a cavalry charge, effectively capturing Dou Jiande. Afterwards, Wang Shichong, seeing no other choice, surrendered Luoyang. Dou Jiande was later executed, resulting in some of his followers, led by Liu Heita, raising an unsuccessful rebellion against Tang.
    Source Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Hulao
    Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
    Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Dear Andrea,

Thanks a lot for this. I am watching it

Best regards,
      Claude
      Love is wonderful, because anyone with love in his heart wants to see everyone in bliss, everyone healthy and everyone availing freedom. This is the state of a man who considers the world as his family. Such are the wise man, the great souls. (Shri Shantananda Saraswati)

Comment

Hi Andrea

Thank you for the link .... Sound interesting.
        Looking forward to watch it tonight....

Best Regards
        Mauro

Originally posted by Andrea View Post
        Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family

I recently came across this documentary ... about the beginning of Shaolin and the Battle of Hulao (621 CE) which seems to be the first evidence that the Shaolin monks participated in combat.
        Overall it's nicely done and in my humble opinion worth watching .

I found this via google+ at the Ancient History Encyclopedia, which has a few interesting videos on Chinese and world history.
        Note:  This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

Best regards
        Andrea
        Luce e ombra attraversavano la sua vista, le stelle e la luna gli attraversavano il cuore.
        Siddhartha, Hermann Hesse.

Comment

This conflict is actually briefly showed in the very first Jet Li movie "The Shaolin Temple".

Comment

Working...
          X