X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of the nicest feelings ever

One of the nicest feelings ever

Dear Wahnam Family
    I'd like to share with you, as the title of the post says, one of the nicest feelings I ever had.
    After my daily training this morning, which consisted of going through the two sets I am triyng to perfect at the moment, a very short session of golden bridge and a few patterns of the iron wire on a form level, I went to the bus to get to work. After the bus I have to wait for the train for a few minutes and usualy I just stand on the platform, close my eyes and let it flow a little.
    To come to the point, I boarded the train, took a seat, relaxed and closed my eyes again. There was no intention to Anything, I just sat there. After an instant I could very clearly feel my qi flow around my whole body. I very slightly observed this feeling and it became stronger and clearer, I felt/realised/kind of saw the qi flowing from my dan tien down the back of my legs, through my feet and up in the front of my legs back to the dan tien again. I also was aware of quit a lot of qi flowing in the upper part of my body, but not so clearly. In the whole it just felt as if all this qi was flowing quite freely in and around my whole body.
    Now this was not the actual thing, I felt things like this before, but it was stronger. The actual nicest feeling was when I relised that my "self" seemed to be gone. It's not so easy to describe this. The feeling was similar to the feelings you might get when you are meditating, there is no you, no room around you, just silence. But I wasn't meditating, my mind was clearly aware of where it is and what is happening around it, everything around me was clearly recognised by my mind. but on the other hand I didn' feel nor recognise my body, there was no body and I clearly realised that it was my mind constituting my body, but just now it was not! There was nothing but gleaming qi flowing roughly where normaly my body would be and there was this mind, realising and also creating this situation at the same time. I could really see how my mind was the source of everything I am, but at that very moment there wasn' very much.....
    This lasted for about one or two minutes and then I slowly slipped into "normality" again. Remaining was a deep feeling of peace and happynes, a powerful yet soft feeling of being in line with everything.

That's now half a day since and I still feel like being physicaly and psycologicaly freer than before.

So theat's the story of one of the nicest feelings ever in my life, hope you enjoy it, And I wonder if anyone has had similar experiences.

Namo Guan Shi Yin Pu Sa

Pat
    Kingmonkey
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He who knows much about others may be learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

Dear Siheng

I admire you for your constant development and achievements. You never fail to impress me, even though you'll most probably try to convince me that there is nothing to be impressed about !

Shaolin greetings and see you on Saturday !
    Fabienne

Comment

Dear Pat,

I have fond memories of you and your wife and your kind hospitality while I was in Swissland.

One important development/result from practicing high level Chi Kung is to have an open and sharing heart. It is nice that you shared your special experience with us so we can enjoy it too.

Best wishes and I hope to see you again before too long.

SiPak
      Anthony S

Western USA

http://elitechikung.com/

Visit Anthony Spinicchia’s web site with information on qigong healing.

His book, The Wonders of Chi Kung:Unlocking Glowing Health and Vitality, 3rd Edition, can be found by clicking here

The e-book edition can be found at www.amazon.com kindle store

Comment

Dear Pat,

many thanks for sharing this wonderful experience with us. I guess you know what follows next: carry on.
        "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
        Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Thank you Sigung, Sifu, Sipak and Simui, for your kind words, I allways like to come back to the forum and have a nice exchange if I find the time and feel that I really have something to say.....

you'll most probably try to convince me that there is nothing to be impressed about !
          Ha! You got it! Why should you admire me, and what should you be impressed about, admire yourself and don't be impressed at all.

What should one be impressed about,
          When nothing there is to be,
          Go and whatch inside your self,
          And then you can be free.

I hope to see you again before too long
          So do I. I remember you as a very nice guy, who's fun to be with, and as Time is an illusion, when we meet, it won't have been before too long. :-)

I guess you know what follows next: carry on
          Ah, yes, of course, I already am :-) ....

Now, enough of chatting.
          Yesterday, but even clearer this morning I found out that I can reproduce that experience. Not as strong and not as clear, it's a bit like taking a course with Sigung, the experiences one has there are often strong and clear, and when you get home and practise what you have learned, the experience can be reproduced, but mostly not as strong and not as clear. You have to practise for some time first before it gets as strong and clear as on the course.
          It somehow feels like I have been given a skill to practise...

Have a nice time and a nice year of the water snake everybody. I feel it's going to be a good one.

Yours Pat Kingmonkey
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          He who knows much about others may be learned, but he who understands himself is more intelligent. He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.

Comment

Dear Pat,

Thanks for posting your experience. It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?
            There are so many reasons to practice!

Best,
            Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
              It just keeps getting better, doesn't it?
              Zach
              Ah, it surely does!

There are so many reasons to practice!
              To me in fact there is only one reason to practice: getting ahead in any way whatsoever. Of course diferent people have different aims and objectives, but the good thing about our training is that it gets us ahead in every aspect of our life.

Oh, and one thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that since that experience, I feel that I am much less attached to things and situations most of the time. Mentaly, but especially emotional, and that feels really reliefing....

Have a nice day everybody

Pat Kingmonkey

Comment

Thanks Pat, well said.

Originally posted by Kingmonkey View Post
                To me in fact there is only one reason to practice: getting ahead in any way whatsoever. Of course diferent people have different aims and objectives, but the good thing about our training is that it gets us ahead in every aspect of our life.
                You're right! We can practice to be healthy, to feel more alive, to be a better parent and spouse, to be better in business, to connect with the cosmos...all these things and more, yet that's the ONE reason we practice.

Simple and profound.

I am grateful.

Comment

Working...
                X