This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Leo

Thank you very much for collating the exercises with Sifu’s commentary. It's much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Fleur

Comment

It is a pretty hard question wich one is the most favourite.

For now, I am practising Big Boss Lifts urn and Old Monk Takes off Shoes.
      Big Boss Lifts Urn because it has happened in my chi flow sometimes, and it feels great and powerful. The chi flow generated is similar as chi flows I get from Iron Wire, fierce and powerful.
      After practising this pattern I do one section of the Iron Wire, or two, untill I progress to the section where Big Boss Lifts Urn is also present. Then I will switch to another one of the 18 Lohan Arts. This is for now also my morning practise.

After this thread I've been picking up Old Monk Takes off Shoes in my evening session, because I really enjoying all the kicking Shaolin has to offer, and I am very interested in the Art of Lightness. Working on the kidneys and the liver, and good flexibility are a good bonus!!! After training this pattern there is a great feeling in the legs, it feels very good.

Best regards,
      Tim

Comment

Wow, how did I miss this one!

Great post, thanks a million Leo.

Best Wishes
        James

o\
        Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Dear Leo!

Thank`s a lot for this work!

Best wishes,
          lg Irene Hewarth www.shaolinqigong.at

Comment

Excellent, thank you Sifu Leo for this thread. Perhaps you can do one for Iron Wire?

Comment

My favorite exercise....geez..... would have to be Old Monk Takes off Shoes.

Originally posted by DarkCosmoz View Post
              Excellent, thank you Sifu Leo for this thread. Perhaps you can do one for Iron Wire?
              I second this!
              Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Also perhaps this thread should be stickied as well?
                Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

I haven't learnt Iron Wire yet, but I think the list would be like:

Pattern 1: develop internal force
                  Pattern 2: develop more internal force
                  Pattern 3: develop even more internal force
                  Fooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrccccccccce! Haaaaaaa! Grrrrrrrrrr! Yaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Best wishes,

Leo
                  Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Shaolin View Post
                    I haven't learnt Iron Wire yet, but I think the list would be like:

Pattern 1: develop internal force
                    Pattern 2: develop more internal force
                    Pattern 3: develop even more internal force
                    Fooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrccccccccce! Haaaaaaa! Grrrrrrrrrr! Yaaaaaaaaaaaw!

Best wishes,

Leo
                    Hahahahaha I just noticed this, and yes...I've been practicing Iron Wire since October of last year and I can definitely relate to that.

Not only that though but the mental clarity is different than other force training methods, it is more focused, sharp, and expansive...its a one pointed mind but at the same time you are aware of more, surroundings, and conditions internal and external.

How about one for the 12 Sinew Met? Bone Marrow Cleansing would be short but sweet, especially the benefits of each organ at organ level.
                    Last edited by David Langford; 13 July 2013, 09:25 PM.
                    Shaolin Wahnam USA

Comment

Experiences with the Lohan Arts

Past five weeks I have been learning and practicing the Lohan Arts. My first time was a memorable encounter with internal force: after performing a Lohan Worships Buddha set, I spent some half a minute wondering is that all of it, but then it was like someone hit the light switch on. Excellent stuff! Unfortunately fate threw in a miserable influenza spell immediately the next morning, so that was a real bummer when my practise was also otherwise being really great.

Yesterday I learned Big Bird Spreads Wings which I enjoyed immensely. The force pulsating in my hands was more tangible than ever and there was another good brightening period. I can hardly wait to learn the Golden Leopard Trains Claws in a few more weeks! Sigung's praise of Tiger Claw benefits has had me really looking for it.

It hit me a bit curious that I could not find any history of the 18 Lohan Arts on Shaolin.org, since Sigung has provided a detailed background for just about everything he is publicly teaching. I am suspecting there probably is not much of a story to tell, but the omission struck a bit odd to me.

Of course I had to forget to thank properly. Luckily there is the edit button. Thank you Sisook Leo for your work detailing the benefits of each practice, and Sifu and Sigung for transmitting the Arts!
                      Last edited by understanding; 9 February 2016, 02:31 PM. Reason: thanks

Comment

Dear understanding,

I'm glad you find the list useful.

Here you can find some more information on the 18 Lohan Art:

http://www.shaolin.org/video-clips-5...te-videos.html (There have been different versions of the exercises, so simply stick to what you have learnt from your Sifu!)

Of course Sifu had already written something on this marvellous set of exercises.

Best wishes,

Leo
                        Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Shaolin View Post
                          Here you can find some more information on the 18 Lohan Art:

http://www.shaolin.org/video-clips-5...te-videos.html (There have been different versions of the exercises, so simply stick to what you have learnt from your Sifu!)

Of course Sifu had already written something on this marvellous set of exercises.
                          Hi Sisook!

There was a mishap in my choice of words: I did not mean just any history, but Wahnam history in particular. I really like reading how all these diverse teachings have come to our curriculum: how did Sigung learn the 18 Lohan Arts set, and how and why has its teaching changed if at all, etc.

Anyway, thank you for the links, these make for a good reference and review!

Cheerful regards

Comment

Hi again!

Sifu generously released a new article on the 18 Lohan Art to answer you question, which you can find here:

Best wishes,

Leo
                            Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

^Just how awesome is that? Thank you Sigung for your detailed exposition and Sisook Leo for sharing this treasure with us!

Cheers

Comment

These exercises are really magnificent... but I am always convinced that than physical performance is more difficult, by that it is weakened it is necessary to carry out exercise. Therefore this complex very good to learn to relax even if to carry out the big number of repetitions

Comment

Working...
                                X