No announcement yet.

Drinking for Chi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, thank you for all your suggestions. By far the best thing I've tried so far is ginger.

That is, fresh whole ginger grated into a glass, with boiling water poured over it, then left for 15 minutes or so. It's quite excellent. It seems to rev me up before Chi Kung practice. I guess not surprising seeing as it's anti-inflammatory.

The only downside, which I fear will never be replaced, is the social side of drinking. Drinking a fine coffee in the company of fine friends is irreplaceable: ginger or herbal teas just don't cut it in such a situation.

Question:

What is the role of Chinese medicine within our tradition of Chi-Kung? The early posters on this thread indicated that all I need to do is continue with high level Chi Kung, then I can effectively eat what I want. Sifu did indicate a similar thing in Sabah, if I understood him correctly, and yet Sifu is so obviously well-versed in traditional Chinese Medicine too.

Conversely, I also notice that some posters, such as Mark, use Chinese medicine in practice, in addition to Chi Kung. And, historically, diet and herbs played an important role in Chi and healing. Might it be that some food (e.g. coffee or alcohol or industrialized processed food) generate negative Chi, independent of one's own practice?

I remember Sifu saying he had a pint of Guinness in Ireland, then had to spend 20 minutes or so doing the Small Universe in order to counter it's effects.

Is it enough 'just' to do high level Chi Kung?

Comment

My personal opinion is that it depends on the individual. Some individuals react better to Chi Kung, others may react better to Tradiciona Chinese Medicine (TCM), while some won't need any of it (although it would be beneficial to practice Chi Kung, of course). From my own experience, a good chi flow will clear out any negative side-effects of most food or drink, as long as it is consumed in moderation.

Some food may induce the body to generate more or less toxins, but the body will clear them naturall (it happens without one knowing; if it didn't happen everyone would be dead by now); Chi Kung will enhance this natural ability. Of course, if you eat less toxins, your chi will go and nurture other functions; conversely if you have developed a high skill in Chi Kung, you can spend more energy clearing out toxins, and still have alot left for other functions.

As for our tradition, I heard Sifu say on some occasions that TCM may be more suitable for some cases (it can be faster, more comfortable, etc); the same applies for most types of medicine. We have some TCM practicioners on our school, as far as I know every single one of them recommends Chi Kung - they complement each other.

To directly answer your question if it is "enough" to do high level Chi Kung, I believe that for most individuals it is enough. But if you have a chronic disease, it may be wiser to stay away from food that may worsen your condition until you are totally healed.

Comment

Dear Jabalalam, this is great to see posted on the Fourum, Congratulations to you and your dedication to that Shaolin Wahnam Arts.
        Yet another confirmation of the quality of Sigung Wongs teachings that are gifted to us all.

Best Wishes
        James

Originally posted by jabalalam View Post
        The Chi Kung I learned in Sabah has arrested the major symptoms of the illness (i.e. blood clots and organ failure) and I've been free from going to the hospital since Sabah--the first time this has happened in years.
        Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Dear Jabalalam,

Though i am late to this post I hope it finds you well and continuing to help you overcome your dis-ease and be inspiring to us all.

I am a TCM practitioner as well as a Chi Kung and Kung Fu practitioner - I was also on the course with you in Sabah and I am so happy to hear of your tremendous success which really is assured because you went to Malaysia for the course.

As a practitioner of both arts I can say they are formed on the same principles yet have some significant differences in practice. In my opinion Chi Kung is the highest level of healing you can practice. Of course in significant disease and before we are high level masters of chi kung we may have some benefit from combining the two arts for a swifter recovery. However, you should know that it is absolutely your chi kung practice which will be responsible for your actual curing of the disease.

You should set a goal for yourself that in a reasonable amount of time not only will your disease be cured but you will also enjoy great health. What does this mean? That you will be able to enjoy coffee with friends with no ill effects! What you have done so far is wonderful and very smart - reduce the intake of that which bothers you while practicing chi kung to clear the blockage which is preventing your bodies natural functions. But be sure to know in your heart that soon enough you will be have plenty of qi to digest any of these foods/drinks and enjoy your life fully!

It sounds to me like you are doing very well and have made great choices...it can only be a little while now before we hear you posting on the joy of coffee with friends from direct experience!!!

Good luck and Great Health to you!!
          from the Heart...

Comment

Working...
          X