Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking for Chi

Hello all,

I'm extremely sensitive to caffeine (including in white or green tea), though I adore coffee. It hurts my head and sucks chi out of me. I feel like I've woken up with a hangover the morning after drinking coffee. Decaffeinated coffee has a different effect, though also leaves me tired and listless. I've tried coffee alternatives such as chicory, barley, and cinnamon, but they also have a negative effect upon me.

I'm also very sensitive to sugar, including fruit juices and honey. Is there a drink anyone could recommend that is good for generating Chi? And will leave me with a clear head. I heard that plain, hot/boiled spring water is good for Chi.

I'm after something I can sup at my desk as the weather gets colder.

Thank you.

Hi Jabalalam,

I often have a cup of warm (not hot) water before beginning practice. Sometimes I will have a warm water with a squeeze of lemon first thing in the morning. Both are good for getting the chi flowing. Though I don't need the help, I still enjoy it.

Also, high level chi kung will help you with those food sensitivities.

Warmly,

Charles
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Hi Jabalalam

In your profile I see you have learned from Sigung (Grandmaster Wong) in 2011.
      Was it a Chi Kung course? Do you practice daily? And do you practice the way you have been told in the course?

To be honest practicing high level Chi Kung is the best advice I can give you.
      It will overcome your problem and give you excellent benefits such as feeling energized and full of vitality.
      If you need help remembering the exercises or the correct way to practice, just contact one of the many instructors in the UK (http://www.shaolin.org/general/instructors-list.html)

If for some reason you are not willing to practice Chi Kung daily, I would suggest you contact a good Chinese medicine practitioner
      who will also be able to advice you on a suitable diet.

Best regards
      Andrea
      Last edited by Andrea; 13 October 2012, 10:48 AM.
      Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
      Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea View Post

In your profile I see you have learned from Sigung (Grandmaster Wong) in 2011.
        Was it a Chi Kung course? Do you practice daily? And do you practice the way you have been told in the course?
        Dear Charles and Andrea,

Many thanks for your replies. Yes, I did the Intensive Chi Gung course in Sabah with Sifu (where we were fortunate to see a stroke victim go from not being able to stand unsupported, to be able to run up and down the hall). I've also had a stroke -- though only in my 30s.

I've been committed with my daily practice, and always experience a vigorous chi flow, practising in the way Sifu taught us, and suspending my intellect.

However, Sifu knows about my (rare) illness, which is lifelong and often fatal, and I was told there it would probably take around three years of daily practice to rid myself of it. If it does go, then I will be only the second person in recorded history to be cured (chalk another one up for Sifu)--the only other person was cured (strangely and for unknown reasons) when both his legs were amputated.

In the meantime, and in addition, to the Chi Kung I'd like to take all additional means to help. And sadly, that means avoiding coffee and tea.

The Chi Kung I learned in Sabah has arrested the major symptoms of the illness (i.e. blood clots and organ failure) and I've been free from going to the hospital since Sabah--the first time this has happened in years.

BUT...the non-serious chronic conditions of the disease (e.g. headaches, fatigue, memory loss) wear me down somewhat. It seems the chi generated from my Chi flow gets rid of these symptoms also for around one hour afterwards, but I'm not yet able to store a reservoir of chi to last me through the day.

Thanks.

Comment

Wow, your results so far are amazing, very very inspiring.
          Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Congratulations Jabalalam!

Dear Brother ,

Happy chi kung anniversary ( Sabah Intensive Chi Kung Course 8-12 October 2011 ) and a befitting congratulation for gradually but surely overcoming your so-called "incurable" autoimmune disease .

With due respect , western doctors may not know of others who have been cured from autoimmune disease through other treatment modalities. But the fact is that the Shaolin Chi Kung transmitted by Sifu to you has cured others in our school : for example , just last month , brother Brahim ( the very tall young Moslem man in his 20s who took the course with you ) who suffered from autoimmune disease of the gut , told me that his follow up endoscopy found normalised bowel lining !

Regarding a good harty sip , your seniors , Siheng Charles and Sijie Andrea have given good advise . I'm sure in time you can enjoy any type of tea or cofffee or fruit juice you fancy !

You may try the following
            1) Warm ( hottish actually ) water : my daily regular favorite though i occasionally enjoy the list below ..

2) Warm water with a squeeze of lime or lemon or grapefruit

3) Warm water with freshly pressed out ginger juice

4) Any of the above with a bit of honey

5) Warm water in which dates were soaked-in overnight

6) Pure ( ie no caffeine ) peppermint tea sachets

7) Pure ginger tea sachets ( Birmingham has Twinings surely )

You see , now you're spoiled for choices

Of course , besides diet , right thinking and right living play an important role in the state of our health engendering harmonious chi flow .

So , send us another testimonial soon when your are fully cured ! You are already an inspiration to many people all over the world .

Best regards to you and the other brothers in your group when you see them .
            Last edited by Damian Kissey; 14 October 2012, 08:48 AM.
            Damian Kissey
            Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
            www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Dear Brother Jabalalam,

Good luck to you in your gradual progress. You practice correctly every day and you have a great teacher. Already you have great results.

I look forward to meeting you
              少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Originally posted by jabalalam View Post

The Chi Kung I learned in Sabah has arrested the major symptoms of the illness (i.e. blood clots and organ failure) and I've been free from going to the hospital since Sabah--the first time this has happened in years.
                Congratulations on the great results!

Wishing you many more results and benefits in future...
                Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
                Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
                Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
                - ancient wisdom

Comment

Dear Jabalalam

It's wonderful to hear of the healing that you have already achieved and of your dedicated practice.
                  Congratulations and may you soon enjoy a full recovery! (And as much coffee as you like ).

What a delicious choice of warm drinks Sipak Damian.
                  The two herbal teas at the end reminded me of the Limeflower (US: Lindenflower) tea, which is very common in Switzerland.

Best regards
                  Andrea
                  Last edited by Andrea; 14 October 2012, 03:38 PM.
                  Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                  Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Thank you all for your encouragement. And thank you especially Damian for your suggestions, for remembering us, and for your service to us.

Hopefully, bone marrow cleansing next.

Comment

Family in the UK

Dear Jabalalam,
                      I am really pleased to hear about your experiences and recovery . I would like you to know that you are not alone and are part of a family. We have a few people in the Uk and are hoping to get together every 2 months or so.

I am based and work out of london so if you are ever down please look me up, call or text me if you need any help

Peace

Mark
                      Last edited by Mark A; 15 October 2012, 11:55 AM.
                      Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Dear Jabalalam,

Many congratulations on the results you have achieved so far with your practice. Very well done!

Regarding a suggestion for something to drink, I heartily recommend Rooibos tea! It is absolutely delicious and has no caffeine whatsoever. It is available in most supermarkets in tea bag format in both red and green varieties.

It is not derived from the tea plant – hence no caffeine. Wikipedia describes it as “a broom-like member of the legume family of plants growing in South Africa's fynbos.” It is really delicious.

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your message, Barry also sent a similar offer. It would be useful to meet with senior students and teachers from time to time in the UK, to refresh what has been learned.

Thank you Kevin the suggestion of Rooibos. I tried it around five years ago and didn't get on with it, but I will give it another go.

Best,

Comment

Jabalalam,

Inspiring progress so far, congratulations.

Just tonight I was enjoying a cup of chai when my wife asked if it had caffeine. I assumed it did, but I looked at the loose tea and soon realized it was rooibus, not black tea. I had misordered...but it's still very good, and I don't normally enjoy rooibus. I'll conclude that the cardamon, ginger root and peppercorns impart enough flavor to still be very enjoyable.

I like strong flavored chai, so I favor loose chai that can be boiled. I know that tea isn't usually boiled, but the whole herbs in loose chai don't release their full flavor unless boiled for at least five minutes or so, some recommend up to two hours.

I'm in the US, so you wouldn't want to order the tea from my supplier, but here's the ingredients:
                            organic Ginger root, organic Cinnamon bark, organic Red Rooibos Tea, organic Cardamom, organic Cloves, organic Nutmeg, and organic Vanilla bean.

I'd recommend finding something similar and boiling at least a few tablespoons. Add cream or sweetener if you like.

Happy sipping.

Comment

Dear Jabalalam,

after so many good answers I first hesitated to write. But - your health progress is so great and shows so much the value of Sifu's Wahnam arts! Congratulations! Your healing will progress - I think your body just needs lots of adjustments after this autoimmune disease.

Concerning drinking:
                              A few years ago, I got a recipe to strengthen myself against cold. One pinch (a very small amount, the German say "Messerspitze") of ginger powder (drugstore) in a cup of hot water, stir, let it soak a bit, then drink; stir up in-between.

And my own "recipe":
                              A few drops (half a spoonful) of crystal salt solution (no normal salt!) in a cup of warm water, to drink in the morning. Crystal salt is full salt and consists of all elements of which the body is built up (except of gas).

Be happy!
                              Dorit
                              ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

Working...
                              X