Many Paths, One Center - Dennis Willmont

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Many Paths, One Center - Dennis Willmont

Dear family, I have been reading this article on the internet which I found interesting. It was fascinating to compare my experiences of chi kung with how it has been described by this author. I particularly engaged with the sections which explore the cultural context of martial arts within the discussion on dan tien / ming men and spiritual cultivation. Worth a read from our Wahnam perspective.

Best
    Rich
    ++ smile ++ from ++ the ++ heart ++
    Rich Denyer-Bewick
    you can connect with me on: Facebook (personal/social), Linkedin (professional) and Twitter (a bit of both!)

Dear Sihing

Thanks for posting the article. It looks like an interesting perspective and I am looking forward to reading the full article later today. Dennis Willmont seems to have done quite some research in the area and written some interesting books. What saddens me a bit is that on the picture he does not seem to be very healthy, full of energy and joyful ... (http://www.willmountain.com/Workshop...asses_s/93.htm ). But then maybe it's just the picture...

Andrea
    Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
    Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Dear Andrea, yes I agree - I hadn't seen that picture and you're right. Perhaps the light was not good that day

The article is interesting though and as I said, interesting to read from an experiential perspective. However it is very theoretical and does not come across in its writing with any 'joy'. It is quite 'dry'. The inspiration I felt reading it was because some of the words resonated with my own experience.

Have a beautiful day!

Rich
      ++ smile ++ from ++ the ++ heart ++
      Rich Denyer-Bewick
      you can connect with me on: Facebook (personal/social), Linkedin (professional) and Twitter (a bit of both!)

Comment

Working...
      X