Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nei Jing

Hello to all ,

I wonder if any of you can recommend a good translation of the “Nei Jing“?

Thanks in advance.

Vero

Originally posted by urbantis View Post
    Hello to all ,

I wonder if any of you can recommend a good translation of the “Nei Jing“?

Thanks in advance.

Vero
    Huang Di Nei Jing Su Wen: Nature, Knowledge, Imagery in an Ancient Chinese Medical Text

This is an excellent translation because of the following:
    a. The original text is displayed along with a pertinent / relevant translation per the understanding of the translator
    b. Concepts are relayed with most contexts covered along with apparent view of 'misunderstandings'

For a truer context, you can also compare the edition by Ilza Veith (an 'original' first documented Westernn translation) and see the differences.
    This is not meant to be the only source but to give a more all rounded insight to do more personal objective comparisons on which text mostley captures the scope of work.

Here is a tiny comprehensive overview. This site is excellent due to textual richness and interest
    Last edited by yeniseri; 27 May 2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I personally like this translation. It was translated from ancient Vietnamese to French to English. There are some differences between this version than the standard due to when the original left China. It comes from the Van Ngi/Tran lineage and has quite a bit of commentary. Unfortunately, it is currently only the Ling Shu. They're in the process of translating the SuWen from French to English.

Adam Bailey
        Shaolin WahNam USA

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X