The Neuroscience of "Flow"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Neuroscience of "Flow"

Whether you want to smash a forehand like Federer, or just be an Xbox hero, there is a shocking short cut to getting the brain of an expert, says Sally Adee

Talks a little bit about the work of M. Csikszentmihalyi, who conducted some research into the state of mind he calls "Flow".

An interesting blurb from the article, he found that chess masters had decreased activation in the prefrontal cortex, which is associated with conscious thought.

I don't think I'm going to be zapping my brain anytime soon, but the article was a fun read.

I read his book about ten years ago or so. It was fairly interesting. If you really want to break it down, this guy is simply using a different lexicon to describe qi flow, especially as it pertains to performing tasks in our daily lives. That is to say our enjoyment in the moment of what we're doing allows all of our cognitive energy to flow smoothly and as such, the rest of the body's bio-electric energy too.

I didn't think there was anything new here, but it is a nice bridge for those who aren't ready to look at things according to a qigong paradigm.
    有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
    https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Molly View Post
      If you really want to break it down, this guy is simply using a different lexicon to describe qi flow, especially as it pertains to performing tasks in our daily lives.
      ...and I do like to break things.
      I think that works like these definitely have their place for people as you mentioned who don't want it couched in a qigong paradigm.

Comment

Working...
      X