Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sifu's books-Kindle

Robin,

I see your announcement about this. I'm very excited as I think that you're hinting that Sifu's books are coming to Kindle. This is wonderful.

I've been using Kindle on my iPhone, iPad and MacBook for some time and I like it so much I just got a Kindle Keyboard and I love it.

For those who may not know, Kindle makes books accessible wherever you are. Also, if you have a scenario like mine, multiple Kindles, they all synchronize so that wherever you leave off reading on one device, when you turn on another it takes you to right to where you were reading.

I'm looking forward to the coming news. In fact, I'm sure that all of Sifu's students and fans alike will make sure we buy copies right away so that you and Sifu will be encouraged for making Sifu's books accessible in this way.

Thanks!
    Anthony S

Western USA

http://elitechikung.com/

Visit Anthony Spinicchia’s web site with information on qigong healing.

His book, The Wonders of Chi Kung:Unlocking Glowing Health and Vitality, 3rd Edition, can be found by clicking here

The e-book edition can be found at www.amazon.com kindle store

Great news, this is really wonderful!

Though I am using a Sony reader (epub format) I will at least be able to read Sifu's books on the Computer (Calibre) ...
    ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

I'm with you, Anthony!

I love using kindle, on the kindle itself, on my Iphone and on my Ipad. It will be just fantastic to have Sifu's wonderful books with me wherever I go.

Congrats and kudos to Robin for being in charge of this important project.

Your brother,
      Jeffrey Segal

Comment

Wonderful news indeed .

Thank you
        Andrea
        Last edited by Andrea; 22 April 2012, 09:08 AM.
        Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
        Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Great news!

Since the international baggage allowance for flights has gone down, I sadly had to choose only two of Sifu's books to take overseas. This means I will have access to them wherever I go.

Still,

Charles
          Charles David Chalmers
          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

This is wonderful news! I have a hardcopy of Sigung's kung fu books which are always a pleasure to read, but some days it seems as though a paper-eating alligator lives in my backpack. Having Sigung's books in an e-format would be great!

I hope that, eventually, the e-format gets expanded for use on other machines like the Kobo.
            I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

I was just looking for some kindle copies after his books seemed hard to find a few years back.

My Art of Chi Kung is still in good condition after 50+ reads over the last 8 or so years (minus some 'dogears' and a floppy cover).

Comment

The Kindle was and is my best material purchase to date. I have literally tripled my reading in half the time using the Kindle, all with less stress on the eyes (since the font is adjustable). Lots of articles which I would otherwise have had to read on the monitor or print out go into my Kindle. With my Kindle, I save loads of paper and trees, and yet can carry hundreds of my favourite books with me everywhere I go, so i read bite-sized chunks whenever I can. Now, finally, Sifu's gems will also be part of my Kindle collection.

I was going to ask Wei Foong if the books published by Cosmos Publishing (ie, the Complete Book of Chinese Medicine, and Shaolin Kungfu) could be converted into the Kindle format but it is now turning into reality before i did so. This is wonderful news (unless we have misunderstood Robin.....)
                百德以孝为先
                Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Originally posted by confermezza View Post
                  Great news, this is really wonderful!

Though I am using a Sony reader (epub format) I will at least be able to read Sifu's books on the Computer (Calibre) ...
                  Calibre is able, IIRC, to convert Kindle books to epub. But not 100% sure.

Really good news, so let's hope it can convert them, as I use a different e-book reader also

Comment

Originally posted by rodrigo View Post
                    Calibre is able, IIRC, to convert Kindle books to epub. But not 100% sure.
                    yes, but not with Amazon drm ... - if you have bought a mobi from Amazon you will not be able to convert it, that means: you cannot change your reader system.
                    Hopefully Sifu's books will come in epub format too!
                    ... alles, alles, alles ist doch auf Liebe aufgebaut ..." (Ellen Auerbach, 1997)

Comment

Kindle

Hey Folks,
                      I have a kindle now. And I must say that I love it. And I will love it even more when I have Sifu's books on there

Peace

Mark
                      Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys,

You certainly have not misunderstood me,

Some of Sifu's books will be coming to Kindle very soon!

I will keep you posted through this thread!

Best

Robin
                        "The Power of Tai Chi Chuan. com"

Comment

Please have Sigung's Sukhavati book published on Kindle. I can't find hardcopies anywhere online!

Comment

Great Robin. We're looking forward to the announcement. Thanks for doing this.
                            Anthony S

Western USA

http://elitechikung.com/

Visit Anthony Spinicchia’s web site with information on qigong healing.

His book, The Wonders of Chi Kung:Unlocking Glowing Health and Vitality, 3rd Edition, can be found by clicking here

The e-book edition can be found at www.amazon.com kindle store

Comment

Dear Robin,

Incredible news for us in Venezuela too, dear SiPak.

We live in a society that have no access to Sigung´s books and having them on Kindle will be our way of having access to this magic.

May I suggest to have Sigung´s books on kindle also in Spanish. We are pretty sure we can place 500 copies of them.

With respect,

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X