No announcement yet.

Interesting Southern Kung Fu Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to second the curiosity about the bowl and chopsticks set! In Kaze Arashi Ryu aiki jujutsu, there were situational techniques (i.e. "throw bowl at intruder, wield chopsticks" if ambushed while eating), but not a complete set!
    I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

i have somewhere a very nice article about the rice bowl and chopstics, and other interesting weapons - coins, umbrella, cymblas etc. i will find it and post it in the future. i am happy you like the articles :-)
      Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Oooh, the coin thing reminds me of a story about Cheng Tinghua related in The Whirling Circles of Baguazhang by Masters Frank Allen and Tina Zhang:
        As Cheng turned to leave, Zhou leapt forward and attempted to stab him in the back. Cheng turned his head quickly, which caused the coin embedded in the end of his braid to strike Zhou in the center of his right eye; Zhou dropped to the ground in a shower of blood. Cheng chuckled coldly and left.
        I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Meditation, Sutras and Martial Arts Training

Does practicing Chinese martial arts and "practicing" Zen has something in common? Do they share similar obstacles, problems and questions? Please read following two pieces of wisdom form the Chinese buddhism heritage and judge for yourself.

enjoy!
          Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Paau Fa Lin Wing Chun – Gwok So sifu

May 2000, China, Fatsaan: This is Gwok So sifu, student of Lao Dat Sang (Paau Fa Lin Wing Chun 刨花蓮詠春), and brother of Gwok Gaai sifu. With a master Gwok Gaai later we were very good friends. "Paau Fa Lin Wing Chun" is rare Wing Chun style, even in the "Wing Chun city" Fatsaan. At public demonstrations this style can be seen only rarely.
            Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Chinese Kung Fu Ground Fighting Footlocks

How about grappling and ground fighting in Kung Fu? Very frequent topic in TCMA circles. As we will see in the following articles that will be published in the future on the NaamKyun.com server, some Chinese martial arts indeed do have ground fighting and grappling techniques.

enjoy!
              Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Chan Yu Min (Siulam) Wing Chun Kyun

"Siu Lin Tau" (小 练 头) form of "Chan Yu Min WingChun" style, by Wong Gin San sifu. I learned from him in the year 2005 the famous "Luk Dim Bun Gwan" - the use of long pole of "Chan" family.

article and video by my friend Ivan Rzounek sifu; Wong Gin San sifu is a good friend of my sifu, i had the privilege to learn Wing Chun Fuk Fu Kyun (Wing Chun Taming the Tiger set) and Wing Chun Hung Sa Jeung (Wing Chun Red Sand Palm)
                Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

excellent historical article by Derek Johnson, Jow Ga Kuen (Jau Ga Kyun)

Five Tigers of Jow Ga Kuen

Jow Lung was brought up by his father Jow Fong Zin(周方展) and mother (maiden family name Li or 黎). As a youth Jow Lung developed an avid interest in martial arts and studied Hung Ga Kuen (洪家拳) from his uncle Jow Hung (周雄)as well as other forms of martial arts such as Choy Ga Kuen from the renowned Master Jau Gong邹耕 (also known as Choy Kua) from the same village.
                  Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

The Secrets of Hung Ga One Finger Bridge Hand

First Emperor of Ming Dynasty and the death of the last Emperor, "One Finger Zen" koan, Siulam temple, anti-Ching rebels of Hung Mun society and their secret signs and ultimate art of "One Finger Zen",
                    Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Wonderful thread Sifu Pavel.

Best wishes
                      Mark

Comment

Thank you, Sifu Pavel Macek.

Joko
                        开心 好运气
                        kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
                        open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
                        ------------------------------------------------------------
                        Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

thank you for your kind words, more interesting info coming soon :-) all the best to the Wahnam family!
                          Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Wu Sifu and Chan Sifu: Old Master’s “Sticky Hands (Chi Sau) Demo

I am currently extremely busy with organising and editing the videos my archive; before I will finally publish them and accompany them with some interesting stories, i am going to comment the few well known videos i have already uploaded. I started to share rare Wing Chun videos at YouTube in 2006 - at that time almost the only videos of Mainland China Wing Chun available on the internet.
                            Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Pak Mei Kung Fu’s Gau Bou Teui – Nine Step Push

Within the system, the litmus test of one’s martial proficiency was typically judged by one’s proper execution of the form Gau Bou Teui (九步推), literally 9 Step Push. While this form was loosely depicted in the first English-language text on Pak Mei Kung Fu by Sifu Un Ho Bun (阮浩斌), there are numerous interpretations of this routine from various Pak Mei lineages to date.
                              Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Interesting article. I never new that Bak Mei is a relatively recent amalgem of several styles.

Comment

Working...
                                X