Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female Shaolin Wahnam Warriors not limited by age, gender or size

Dear Shaolin family and friends,

What a fantastic experience it has been learning from Sifu/Sigung in Japan. Thank you, Sifu, for coming all the way to Japan to teach everyone here.

I was delighted to see how the students, regardless of what level they were at (the participants ranged from near-beginners to senior-level students), were able to use genuine Shaolin Kungfu/Wahnam Taijiquan and spar convincingly.

As ever, they thrived under Sifu/Sigung’s guidance. Everyone graduated from the Wahnam Taijiquan/Shaolin Kungfu course with a clear sense of how to use Wahnam Taijiquan and Shaolin Kungfu to spar, as well as with a deeper understanding of the fact that age, size and gender are not the final determining factors of success.

I am pleased to add 2 video clips below, showing how the female warriors in Shaolin Wahnam can indeed spar. They are combat-efficient and more than capable of keeping up with men twice their size and physical strength. It is worth nothing that the reason why they are able to hold their own is because of their internal force development, and in particular because of the excellent training in sparring that they have received directly from Sifu/Sigung.

Warmest wishes,

Emiko
    Last edited by Emiko H; 20 April 2009, 03:55 PM.
    Emiko Hsuen
    www.shaolinwahnam.jp
    www.shaolinwahnam.ca

INTENSIVE & SPECIAL COURSES -- PENANG 2018
    Taught by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
    4th generation successor of the Southern Shaolin Monastery
    Small and Big Universe Course: Nov 21 to 25
    Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Kungfu Practitioner: Nov 26 to Dec 2
    Cultivating Spirit Nourishing Energy: Dec 2 to Dec 8
    Intensive Chi Kung Course: Dec 9 to Dec 13
    To apply, send email to: secretary@shaolin.org

Dear Sijie,

Very impressive.

I enjoyed the skilled footwork especially.

Mark
    少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

I have not yet viewed the videos. Nevertheless, I would like to comment on the skill and force exhibited by the Japanese ladies I have had the privilege to spar with.

For someone of my size (I am generally considered a "big guy"), it was an extremely impressive experience. Also, a true and great honour to spar with these very skilled and petite Lady Scholar-Warriors. I look forward to doing so again.
      Sifu Andrew Barnett
      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Now I have had a chance to view the videos. Most impressive. I now look forward to sparring with these skilled practitioners in the near future even more.
        Sifu Andrew Barnett
        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

This is wonderful! I've had a chance to spar with Sifu Naoko and Sifu Yumi in the past, and am amazed at how even more skillful they are now (and they already were).

Shaolin Wahnam students can have fun identifying the patterns being used, and our guests might find it enlightening to imagine what would happen if one of these kicks would land
          Hubert Razack
          www.shaolinwahnam.fr
          www.sourireducoeur.fr

Comment

Very inspiring videos, thanks a lot.
            When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

It is heartwarming and it speaks for genuine Kung Fu, if female Warriors are not limited by weight size and brute force.

It is also very heatwarming to realise that in Shaolin Wahnam female Warriors are not an exeption, but rather a common appearance.

That said some of my top students are female Warriors, further more and that's interessting, most of them are also very good established in their profession.
              "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
              Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Working...
              X