Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blessings

Dear Wahnam brothers and sisters

It has been a while since I have posted on the forum about my practice or my experiences at Sifu’s courses mainly due to some blockages that I have been working through and now the time has come when the grey clouds have made way and there beyond lies the bright blue sky showering with bright light and bringing its many blessings.

I had the opportunity to attend the small universe course in 2009 and what a course it was to be in the presence of not only Sifu but the Senior instructors who shared much wisdom and helped me so thank you, I am truly grateful. I would like to share a couple of experiences. A few years prior to coming across chi kung I had fallen on my back and I was told by doctors that I may develop arthritis when I get to the age of 30 and often enough my back would stiffen up. I was asked a question from a senior instructor at the course about my experience of the small universe course so far and I had commented how I could feel chi working on my back and I told them about what doctors had said about how I would be paralyzed at the age of 30. During my chi flow I felt as if my back was ‘breaking’ and realigning and something had dropped, a weight, it’s the only way I can describe it. After coming out of chi flow I had realised how I had mentioned to the senior instructor that I had used the word ‘paralysed’ rather than ‘arthritis’. All that time I had been carrying this negative weight/emotion with me and during the small universe course I had ‘let it go’ and since then my back has not had the painful symptoms as before and my lower back can ‘breathe’.

The second experience I had was truly special, a glimpse of ‘oneness’ everything from sight to sound to touch all become one everything was flowing in harmony there was no differentiation and there was no ‘I’ everything was connected. I was in the present moment. Reflecting on this experience later on it evoked the heart sutra within me which thank you to Sifu I count my blessings to come across in ‘The Complete book of Shaolin’ “...Sariputra, form is no different from emptiness: emptiness is no different from form. Form is emptiness: emptiness is form”.

A year later and I got the opportunity to attend the zen course in London, I would like to say thank you to Sije Fleur for organising the course and thank you to Sifu for putting on this course so that we can benefit from your teachings. The zen course was different from the other courses. My experiences became a sudden realisation which I was to find out later on. During the course Sifu mentioned forgiveness and letting go of negative emotions. I had believed up to that point that I had overcome my blockage from my past and a part of me wanted to stay in ‘spiritual bliss’ but I was actually in denial, in fear. I emptied my cup and listened to Sifu, clear away your negative emotions; I was in pain, suffering, I cried uncontrollably for negative emotions which I had carried in me for lifetimes and I felt my meridians being cleansed, I was left with a feeling of release and peace but this was only the beginning. A week later and I felt pain in my kidneys, pain in my bones, the pain was so deep and all different thoughts, flashbacks of the past left me in turmoil. I was not feeling my usual ‘happy’ self and desired ‘spiritual bliss’ from my practice. I was sent messages and thank you to Sifu’s teachings along with Quan Yin Bodhisattva I came to an understanding of my past, I came to accept that it was a part of me and to face the past events ‘head on’ I realised in my practice that we are so fortunate to have blessings to be able to cleanse our negative karma and yes suffering is part of life as is happiness and to accept them equally. When we are going through suffering we are thankful for this is as it is an opportunity to purify our negative karma, to learn from our past events, change our thought pattern (with thanks to Sifu's profound teachings) understand the nature of our own mind and how to cultivate it to do good, avoid evil and thus receiving blessings.

The Maitreya Relic Tour has come to Leeds and I had a once in a lifetime opportunity to be in the presence of the relics. I was so deeply moved and overwhelmed. I felt the pain and suffering of all beings and emphasising the realisation that we were in this saha world but how fortunate I/we are to have teachers/teachings to guide us. The following day I was in the presence of the relics again and I meditated. My mind was still and my heart was open, fully opened to blessings that I was surrounded with, I felt as though I had transcended time and space. All these wonderful experiences, realisations was only possible thanks to Sifu’s teachings, Shaolin Wahnam and the Buddha’s and Bodhisattvas, how fortunate I am to be a student of the teachings and to feel true happiness. Words cannot express the peace and love I had for every being but what I can say is I am sincerely grateful to be able to achieve this, to be able to continue to purify my negative karma, love myself and others and enjoy life, not worry and smile from the heart. So I give thanks for these wonderful blessings and I am truly grateful to you Sifu.

Much love to all my brothers and sisters and may our hearts fill with peace and happiness for all.

OM MANI PADME HUM
    “So I say to you –
    This is how to contemplate our conditioned existence in this fleeting world:”

“Like a tiny drop of dew, or a bubble floating in a stream;
    Like a flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
    Or a flickering lamp, an illusion, a phantom, or a dream.”

“So is all conditioned existence to be seen.”

Thus spoke Buddha.

Dear Veenie,

WOW! How wonderully you have expressed your experiences. Congratulations on all of the aspects you have mentioned and also for the aspects you have not.

Realising first hand the truth of the teachings we have all be so privileged to receive is a true blessing. Thank you so much for sharing this with the rest of us. I am sure your words will be received as tremendous inspiration for many.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Very profound.

Congratulations, Sijie.

Ray
      "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Thank you Sije for sharing your wonderful experience's.

All the best,
        Brendan

Comment

Veenie,

Beautifully expressed and written, thank you. And yes, very inspiring.

Congratulations on your adventure so far.

Zach

Comment

Congratulation Vennie great to read your experiences.

Best wishes
            Mark

Comment

Dear Veenie,

How very beautiful! Thank you for sharing your experiences so eloquently.

We are indeed very Blessed.

Smile from the Heart,
              Joan
              Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
              GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
              ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
              THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Thank you all for your lovely thoughts and words.

Since I have been asked about the Maitreya Relic Tour I thought I'd post some links below which includes the calendar along with further information of where the relics are travelling, to spread blessings of love and kindness before they are replaced in the Heart Shrine of the Maitreya Buddha statue which is to be built and last for 1000 years in India, Kushinagar.

http://www.maitreyaproject.org/en/relic/calendar.html

http://www.maitreyaproject.org/en/relic/index.html

Much love joy and happiness to all

Parveen

OM MANI PADME HUM

“So I say to you –
                This is how to contemplate our conditioned existence in this fleeting world:”

“Like a tiny drop of dew, or a bubble floating in a stream;
                Like a flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
                Or a flickering lamp, an illusion, a phantom, or a dream.”

“So is all conditioned existence to be seen.”

Thus spoke Buddha.

Comment

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful account Veenie
                  Peter Clayton
                  Shaolin Wahnam Ireland
                  "Though one man may conquer in battle a thousand men a thousand times over, it is he who conquers himself that is the greatest of conquerors". - Dhammapada.

Comment

Working...
                  X