Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice is Happiness, Happiness is Practice

Dear All,

I just couldn’t help but tell you how happy I am about my practice.
    After the marvellous effects of training with Sifu in Malaysia, things slowed down slightly. Nevertheless I felt so well. I had not yet realized what happened to me.

But a few weeks ago, I went through a very bad moment in life. A lot of anger and frustration just get out of me. It was really intense, and I was sometimes wondering if I was not going crazy . Maybe, the effect of cleansing all the bad things that happened to me during those last ten years (which had created a lot of ‘strapped’ emotions and negativity)?
    Then I realized that I didn’t put enough effort in my training, especially I should have really let everything go and concentrated on enjoying my practice (which, at some moment, was difficult).

So did I. Diligently, and happily, I started to regain my strength and trust in life through the practice of our wonderful Arts. Enjoying the Self Manifested Movements, enjoying the Stretching, enjoying the Golden Bridge, enjoying the Lohan Asks The Way set. After each training cession, the feeling of peace and ‘well-being’ lasted (and still lasts) the rest of the day. I started to enjoy again my meals, friends, and co-workers.

My anger and frustration disappeared in a matters of days. Gradually I regained my Will, my strength. I feel inner peace. I have clear vision of what I want to do in life; I make plans for future, at the present moment

We humans are very strange. My condition (social/external) has not changed, but my own reaction in front of it has changed. Seems that we decide to let our worries be harmful or not.

Anyway, my daily practice has saved my life. Sifu has saved my life. And this is not a game of words. I have so much respect for Sifu, so much respect for everybody involved in the Wahnam family. Everyday I tell myself what a lucky guy I am. And what is really heartwarming and exciting, is the fact that I am only at the start of the trip. I still have a long way to go, but the road is not dark, light is everywhere.

I must leave you now, I don’t like to speak of myself so much, I am not the center of the world. And my brother is paying me a visit, we will enjoy the rest of the day .

Je vous souhaite à tous et de tout mon Coeur une vie pleine de bonheur et de joie
    From my heart, I wish everybody a life full of happiness and joy

Your Shaolin brother,
    Maxime

Ps: I ask for your indulgence, my English lacks when I write in a hurry.

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Dear Maxime,

it is truely wonderful to hear such stories as your own. Enjoying practice is such an important factor in development both within and outside of kung fu practice.

All the best,

Simon
    Shaolin Wahnam South London
    http://www.wahnam.blogspot.com

Comment

Thank you Maxime. For the benefit of others, I have moved your wonderful account to the "Testimonials" section.
      Sifu Anthony Korahais
      www.FlowingZen.com
      (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Namaste
        "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

Dear Simon, dear Anthony Sihing, dear Divineshadow,

Thank you all for your kind words. I offer to you my most beautiful Smile from the Heart.

I would like to add two things: first, I have great faith in Sifu and the Shaolin Teachings; second, I pray daily to Bodhisattva Guan Yin with a honest and sincere heart, asking her to forgive me for my past sins, and asking her for peace of mind.

Shaolin Love

Maxime, on the road.

Comment

Fantastic post, Maxime, thank you for sharing!

Originally posted by Maxime
            I pray daily to Bodhisattva Guan Yin with a honest and sincere heart, asking her to forgive me for my past sins
            Forgive yourself and it will all follow...
            Hubert Razack
            www.shaolinwahnam.fr
            www.sourireducoeur.fr

Comment

Journey to destination

Dear Maxime,

Greeting from your April classmate,

Congratulation!

Originally posted by Maxime

We humans are very strange. My condition (social/external) has not changed, but my own reaction in front of it has changed. Seems that we decide to let our worries be harmful or not.
              I have experienced that this is the resume of our internal training in Shaolin Wahnam Chikung: to be aware that it is our own perception that matters.

After this realization, everything is the same: only our way of looking or feel at it that will make the difference. Now I understand that an insult or a praise from someone else basically is the same; it does not matter. Our own reaction that really matters.

I will not be too angry or depressed because of an insult, I will not be too proud if someone praised me.

I, too, began to enjoy my practice, then soon, before I knew it, I realized that happiness is when we enjoy every moment of our life while being grateful to everything that happens to us.

As for our journey to our destinations: Once we realized that we are in a process to complete the circle, then we will come to the point where the beginning becomes the end and the end becomes the beginning: there will be no beginning or no end, no past and no future, ... no death and no life ..... there is only the present time, and we enjoy it.....

Our journey then becomes our destination: in fact at the present moment we are already there, at one part of the complete circle; the only requirement is: to be aware of the continuous circle.

Certainly I came to this as a direct result of our practice of the art that we learned together from our beloved Sifu, and from joining this great discussion forum.

With all my heart,

Joko
              开心 好运气
              kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
              open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
              ------------------------------------------------------------
              Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Dear Joko,

thanks for the reply, I certainly feel confident in reading your post. Hope we will meet again, in fact I am sure we will.

Let's walk the circle, one step at a time, without feeling tired by the road we have already made, without feeling afraid by the road we are about to make.

Your classmate brother,

Maxime

Comment

Working...
                X