Heart Closed, Heart Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart Closed, Heart Open

The old monk in his golden robe sat across the low tea table from me, held up a fist, and spoke softly in Vietnamese. Slowly he opened his hand so the fingers stretched out and his palm pointed up towards the sky. The translator explained: "He says that your heart is closed like this fist, but that in ten years in will open."

I felt my heart sink, because I knew it was true that my heart was closed, and I was shocked to imagine ten more years of suffering and unhappiness.

Thankfully, I was soon to meet my dear Sifu (teacher), Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit, and amazingly, my heart blossomed in an instant. It was the most incredible experience of my life. I felt my worry, sadness, fear and anger instantly washed away, replaced by an unprecedented, almost overwhelming happiness.

The last eight years of my life, since I learned Shaolin Chi Kung from my sifu have been positively joyful. I have done things, and enjoyed things I never would have if it had not been for my practice of the Shaolin Arts. I have become, in every way, a better person.

I have enjoyed many benefits from practicing our chi kung and kung fu, but for me, the heart opening was and remains the greatest gift of our practice.

Simply put, I am a happy man.

Thank you Sifu, from the bottom of my heart.

Charles
    Last edited by Charles David; 9 October 2012, 02:55 AM.
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

That is an inspiring testimonial!

Many Congratulations
    Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
    Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
    Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
    - ancient wisdom

Comment

Thank you for your inspiring story, dear Brother!

To truly Smile from my Heart is, without any doubt, the most important transmission I have received from my Sifu. It all starts from there!

Your brother,

Piti

Comment

Thank you for sharing the story, Charles, and congratulations for you now Open Heart!

Comment

Congratulations Charles!

It´s been really touching reading your story.

Greetings,
          Daniel Pérez
          http://www.shaolinbcn.es

Comment

Thank you, dear brothers, for your kind words. It is very nice for me to again read this short story. I did not mention the first time, but perhaps it is worth noting that the old monk was introduced to me as a chi kung master. I find it strange now that he should not have been able to help me. Perhaps this just highlights how extraordinary Sifu is.

Thanks again!

Yours,

Charles
            Charles David Chalmers
            Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Working...
            X