Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anton S.
    replied
    and the grande finale part or what you always wanted to know about "Lifting the Sky"

(Continued from Part 1)

Leaving aside the different nature and developmental stage of each VIP in the same category, and considering the major quality required for the category, here is a brief list showing the category, the major quality and the most suitable chi kung exercise.

CEOs, decision-making, simple sitting meditation for mental clarity.
    Actors, spiritual (but not religious) joys, “Separating Water” for generosity.
    Sportsmen, relaxation, “Lifting the Sky” for being relaxed.
    Politicians, integrity, “Flicking Fingers” for morality.
    Businessmen, mental clarity, simple sitting meditation for mental clarity.
    Professionals, energy, “Flicking Fingers” for internal force.

Generally speaking, “Lifting the Sky: is the most beneficial exercise for those who begin to use VIP chi kung in their work and life, and “Flicking Fingers” for the advanced practitioners.

Here is a brief description between “Lifting the Sky” and other chi kung exercises for VIPs

“Lifting the Sky” is excellent for general energy flow; “Separating Water” is excellent for opening the heart; “Pushing Mountains” for internal force and vitality; “Small Universe” for good luck; “Lifting Water” for internal force and vitality; “Iron Wire” (which must be done correctly) for internal force and vitality.

For many people, “Lifting the Sky” is the best and most widely practiced chi kung exercise. The following are the reasons:

“Lifting the Sky” is simple to perform, but the benefits are many and varied. The benefits range from the most basic, like being relaxed to having vitality to the highest attainment of expanding to the Cosmos. Everyone can get some benefits according to his developmental stage.

The benefits come quickly. It takes only a few weeks, for those lucky enough to practice genuine chi kung, to attain basic benefits, like being relaxed and freed of all irrelevant thoughts. Other exercises, like “Shooting Arrows” and “Rhinoceros Looking at Moon” in our school, and “Swinging Arms” and “Slapping Body” in other schools, may take months.

Even when “Lifting the Sky” is performed as gentle physical exercise, as many people do without their realization, basic benefits like being relaxed and freed from all irrelevant thoughts, come quite quickly.

Another great advantage, especially for people who may not have the good luck of learning from competent teachers, is that even when practitioners make mistakes in performing “Lifting the Sky”, the mistakes are usually not serious. These practitioners need not perform any remedial exercise. Their daily activities will erase the harm of their mistakes.

“Lifting the Sky” is a treasure for all chi kung practitioners, irrespective of whether they are VIPs.

<End>

<All 10 questions answered.>

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    Dear Sigung,

thank you for kindly teaching the fantastic courses at Er Long Shan, China!
    I am grateful for your wise answer!

With best regards,
    Anton

Question 10

in our School we have a huge variety of Chi Kung exercises, where each is somehow same (inducing chi flow) and somehow different (bringing specific benefits). Out of all the exercises "Lifting the Sky", to my knowledge, is the most widely practiced among all levels of practitioners from beginners to advanced ones. It is something a German speaker would call "Universalspezifikum", a word which is used in medical context and signifies a "universally specific" (or "one cure all") remedy.

While Lifting the Sky magically benefits everyone, I wonder whether it can and how it can benefit every VIP?
    Furthermore is there a Chi Kung exercise that will provide VIPs better results?
    And if we Lifting the Sky was compared with Separating Water, Pushing Mountains, Small Universe, Lifting Water and Iron Wire, which one would be most suitable for what kind of VIPs (namely CEOs, Actors, Top Sportsmen and Politicians)?

And finally, why is Lifting the Sky considered to be the best and the most widely practiced Chi Kung exercise?

Sifu Anton Schmick.

Answer

“Lifting the Sky” is the wondrous chi kung exercise. It is the chi kung exercise that I practice the most. The kungfu exercise that I practice the most is “One-Finger Shooting Zen”.

It is incredible that we have a wide range of chi kung exercises as well as kungfu types. No one has done an official estimate, but I think our school probably has the widest spread of choice in both chi kung and kiungfu. In chi kung, besides the Eighteen Lohan Hands which forms the basis of our training, our chi kung exercises range from those of Eighteen-Lohan Art to Five-Animal Play. In kungfu, besides our fundamental Shaolin Kungfu and Taijiquan, we have kungfu types that range from Baguazhang to Eagle Claw. Most schools have only one type of chi kung or kungfu, like Soaring Crane or Wing Choon.

“Lifting the Sky” is the most widely practiced chi kung exercise among both beginners and masters in our school. But, due to their difference in skills, their attainment and benefit from “Lifting the Sky” are different. It is "Universalspezifikum" in chi kung. A skillful practitioner can use the exercise for the lowest attainment, like to be relaxed, to the highest, like merging with the Cosmos.

“Lifting the Sky” certainly can benefit every VIP. Irrespectively of whether what category of VIPs, like CEOs, actors, sportsmen, politicians, businessmen, and professionals, “Lifting the Sky” serve all their needs and aspiration well. Due to their different nature and requirements, some other chi kung exercises may separately give them better results. This, of course, does not mean that “Lifting the Sky” will not give them good results in all their needs and aspirations.

(Part 2 follows)

Leave a comment:

• drunken boxer
    replied
    Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
    Personally , over the years , I’ve been able to reduce daily chi kung and kungfu practise time from 15 and 30 minutes to 2-3 minutes and 5 minutes respectively ( a 6-fold time reduction ) and still reap equal benefits by increasing practise quality ( ie maximize 6 harmonies ) , doing informal chi kung while going about daily work and using short kungfu sets ( eg San Zhan , Dragon in Zen )…..this strategy incidentally also prevents the potential problem of overtraining where Sifu has advised students to reduce quantity of practice time and/or decrease quality of practice .
    It was fantastic to read this from Dr Damian and also Sifu's endorsement of this method and the results achieved!

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    second part

(Continued from Part 1)

Nevertheless, any chi kung student and any kungfu student in our school can have all these wonderful benefits of chi kung and kungfu, though not at the same high level as Damian’s, if they respectively spend just 10 minutes and 30 minutes of practice daily. On top of it all, they enjoy their practice.

It is also important to bear in mind that if any student has attended a regional course or an intensive course with me, he (or she) should aim at only 30% of what they attained at the course, and not to get the best they can from their practice, in their 10 minutes or 30 minutes of daily practice.

The same situation applies to VIPs or VBPs who will attend my future courses. They need not modify their practice duration as an ad hoc method or as regular practice.

I would like to add that this procedure of practicing for only 10 minutes in chi kung, or 30 minutes in kungfu, and aiming at 30% of what they get at my courses, is not a standard procedure. A standard procedure, whether in chi kung or kungfu, is to practice outward forms for about an hour.

As we always aim for the best, this procedure is the best for our school. There may be some exceptions, like Damian, who practices for only 2-3 minutes in chi kung, or 5 minutes in kungfu.

There are no other ways to get the same benefits in less time. If there were a better way, we would have used it.

In other words, if a Shaolin Wahnam family member practice for about 10 minutes in chi kung, or about 30 minutes in kungfu, and aim at 30%, he (or she) will get the best results. If he practice for 10 minutes in chi kung but aim at 100%, he may over-train. If he practices for 30 minutes in chi kung but aim at 30%, he may also over-train.

If a Shaolin Wahnam family member was used to practicing for 30 minutes in the past, and now he has to practice for only 10 minutes to get the best benefits, what is he going to do for the other 20 minutes? He can do whatever wholesome thing he likes. This is one of many reasons why our family members don’t complain of not having enough time.

For VIPs who are also VBPs who have learned from us, practicing for 10 minutes in chi kung or 30 minutes in kungfu, is our standard procedure. For them, delegating time-consuming responsibilities to less important persons, is another issue. Because they spend less time in their practice and obtain more benefits, they have more time in time-consuming responsibilities, and they enjoy doing them. But, if they like, they can also delegate these time-consuming responsibilities to less important persons.

For other VIPs who are also VBPs who have not learned from us, delegating their time-consuming responsibilities to less important persons, is also another issue, but with different results. Maintaining their one hour of standard practice and delegate time-consuming responsibilities to less important persons is a viable solution. If they like, they may cut down the time of their standard practice and perform the time-consuming responsibilities themselves.

Our chi kung is excellent for VIPs who are also VBPs. It gives them unbelievable benefits in an unbelievable short time. The VIP Chi Kung Course in China is an attempt in this direction in providing this opportunity. But it is the policy of our school to teach only deserving students.

<End>

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    Dear Sisook,

I am glad you are enjoying it!

Here comes the next Q&A:

Greetings from China

Anton

Question 9

VIPs are also usually VBPs (very busy persons) and time constraint may be a problem in their daily life.

So VBPs practicing our Shaolin Arts may need to decrease the quantity of practice time below the norm in our school. The current recommended daily chi kung practice duration in our school is 10 minutes ).

Personally, over the years, I’ve been able to reduce daily chi kung and kungfu practice time from 15 and 30 minutes to 2-3 minutes and 5 minutes respectively (a 6-fold time reduction) and still reap equal benefits by increasing practice quality, doing informal chi kung while going about daily work and using short kungfu sets, eg San Zhan, Dragon in Zen. This strategy prevents overtraining.

Is it advisable for VBPs to modify standard practice duration, perhaps as ad hoc methods but not regularly? Or are there any other ways to get the same benefits but in less time? Or just keep the standard time and delegate time-consuming responsibilities to LIPs (“less” important people ) ?

Dr Damian Kissey

Answer

Yes, VUPs, i.e. very important persons, are also VBPs, or very busy persons. Time constraint is a problem in their daily life.

Our chi kung is excellent. It solves their problem of time constraint, gives them good health, vitality and longevity, enables them to attain peak performance, and give them spiritual joys like being peaceful and happy for themselves and for others. It is, to most people, simply too good to be true. It is incredible that it takes only 10 minutes a day to practice our chi kung to get all these benefits.

What we need to do is to make our chi kung accessible to deserving VIPs, who are also VBPs. There are, however, a few difficulties.

Chi kung is so ridiculously debased today that it ceases to be chi kung. At best it is gentle physical exercise. VIPs are not only not interested in gentle physical exercise, they also have a low opinion of what they consider chi kung to be.

Secondly, we do not want to hurt the sensitivities of other chi kung practitioners who actually practice gentle physical exercise.

Thirdly, we are restricted by laws, like in most countries we are prevented to publicize the wonderful benefits of genuine chi kung in curing so-called incurable illness.

Fourthly, and this reason applies to me personally, I am not keen to teach VIPs. Although I always teach from the position of strength, there is certain protocol to follow when teaching VIPs. I would prefer drinking tea with Damian and other Shaolin Wahnam members, some of whom are also VIPs.

Damian is a very high-level chi kung and kungfu practitioner. So it is easy for him to practice just 2-3 minutes of chi kung, and 5 minutes of kungfu to have good health, vitality, longevity, mental freshness, peak performance, and spiritual joys.

He can also practice chi kung informally while doing his daily work, like being relaxed (while most other people are stressful especially when performing important tasks), letting his chi flow spontaneously (while many others unconsciously sustain blockage), and performing his work with joy and zest (while others are weary of their work).

The kungfu sets chosen by Damian, like San Zhen and Dragon in Zen, are excellent not only in time saying, but also in getting all the wonderful benefits that kungfu training will give. While many other kungfu practitioners perform these sets at a physical level, Damian does so as triple-cultivation, i.e. cultivating the body, the energy and the spirit. While many other practitioners may not know the combat application of these sets, Damian can use them to handle any attack!

(Part 2 follows)

Leave a comment:

• Mark A
    replied

Hey Anton,
    Thanks for managing this thread

Peace

Mark

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    Dear Santi!!

You are welcome!!! I am so happy, we can have a wonderful course with in China preceded by a very interesting Q&A

I would like to ask the last question

Dear Sigung,

in our School we have a huge variety of Chi Kung exercises, where each is somehow same (inducing chi flow) and somehow different (bringing specific benefits). Out of all the exercises "Lifting the Sky", to my knowledge, is the most widely practiced among all levels of practitioners from beginners to advanced ones. It is something a German speaker would call "Universalspezifikum", a word which is used in medical context and signifies a "universally specific" (or "one cure all") remedy.

While Lifting the Sky magically benefits everyone, I wonder whether it can and how it can benefit every VIP?
    Furthermore is there a Chi Kung exercise that will provide VIPs better results?
    And if we Lifting the Sky was compared with Separating Water, Pushing Mountains, Small Universe, Lifting Water and Iron Wire, which one would be most suitable for what kind of VIPs (namely CEOs, Actors, Top Sportsmen and Politicians)?

And finally, why is Lifting the Sky considered to be the best and the most widely practiced Chi Kung exercise?

With kind regards,
    Anton.
    Last edited by Anton S.; 15 September 2016, 08:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sancrica
    replied
    Thank you :-)

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

I would like to thank Sifu for such an inspiring answer. It is really amazing how Sifu can turn everything into an opportunity for improvement. That is one of the things that I really admire from him.

Thank you Sifu for your guidance and wisdom and for being the best teacher that I have ever had. :-)

I would like to also thank Anton Sijat for starting another amazing thread and to all the participants for the wonderful questions.

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    final part

(Continued from Part 2)

Two essential ingredients for a happy life are good health and satisfaction. Generating an energy flow will ensure good health. This skill will be taught at the VIP Chi Kung Course, and in all other chi kung courses.

To attain satisfaction, one has to fulfill bis needs and accomplish his aspirations. Both need a lot of energy and mental clarity, which will be taught at the VIP Chi Kung Course with special reference to VIPs. A sure sign of satisfaction is gratitude, which will also be an important theme of the course.

Many VIPs, despite their success in public life, may not have a happy family and a happy marriage. Indeed, some people argue that because of their success in public life, they do not have a happy family and a happy marriage. An important reason for not having a happy family is that VIPs spend a lot of time to maintain their public success, leaving little time for their family. An important reason for not having a happy marriage is that VIPs have a lot of opportunities as well as favorable positions to meet people of the opposite sex.

Knowing the causes is a first step to prevent such problems arising. If the problems are already in existence, the VIPs have to take appropriate actions to overcome the problems and change them into opportunities for improvement. All this needs a lot of energy and mental clarity, and the VIP Chi Kung Course will provide them the energy and mental clarity. But whether the VIPs want to overcome their problems and change them into opportunities, or continue enjoying their “problems”, is their choice. It is a policy of our school not to interfere into their private life.

Some people have provided some effective ways to differentiate between real friendship and friendship for favoritism.

If a person became your friend when you were poor, and remains your friend when you are rich, it is real friendship. If a person becomes your friend when you are rich and starts asking you for favors, it is friendship for favoritism.

If a person sticks to you through thick and thin, regardless of whether you are a VIP, it is true friendship. If he is a friend when you are rich and important, but abandons you when you become poor or unknown, it is friendship for favoritism.

Like with whom a person spends his love or sex similarly with whom a person wants to be friend, is his or her choice. It is a policy of our school not to interfere.

Thank you for your kind comments on my happy family life and how I defend myself from attacks or false accusations, and how I deal with challenges. The secret is that I walk my talk, i.e. I live my life according to my training and teaching.

<End>

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    next part

(Continued from Part 1)

Mental clarity enables VIPs to see situations clearly, and therefore their actions become effective. In the case of the actor being made as if to kiss another woman, which may affect his family life, spoil his good reputation or bring other unfavorable consequences, the problem is due to misunderstanding. The actor may have the intelligence to see the cause of the problem, but because of intense emotions, pressure of work clouding his mind, or other factors, he may not be able to attain mental clarity, which will be taught at the VIP Chi Kung Course, to realize the misunderstanding, and more importantly to act in a way to overcome the problem, making the problem an opportunity for improvement.

He may, for example, explain to his wife in private, and to his fans in public, that the misunderstanding is due to a clever trick of a Paparazzi camera. He should publicize how pictures from a Paparazzi camera show things that appear to be real but are actually not real.

He should also be more loving to his wife at all times, but especially at this time, and more generous to his fans, so that even if the kissing incident were real, but it wasn’t, they would overlook it, and love him more –- in the case of his wife and also his fans. He needs energy to do all these actions, and the VIP Chi Kung Course will teach him to generate this energy.

The VIP Chi Kung Course will teach course participants how to deal with similar and other situations.

A common problem faced by VIP is jealousy, which can result in various forms of attack. But whatever forms the jealousy or attack may take, the basic principles are similar. One major principle causing jealousy is that other jealous people did not put in enough effort and perseverance successful VIPs did. The VIPs could tactfully demonstrate their dedication and perseverance, without hurting the sensitivities of others, thus changing a problem into an opportunity for improvement.
    It is also common that the various forms of attack from other jealous people are unfounded. The VIPs, with mental clarity and internal force learnt from the VIP Chi Kung Course, could show the unfounded attack, thus changing a problem into an opportunity. However, if an attack is founded, the VIP in question should magnanimously acknowledge it and act accordingly, thus also changing a problem into an opportunity for improvement.
    An effective way to prevent or anticipate these risky situations is to lead a morally upright life. Our Ten Shaolin Laws is an excellent example. To be morally upright transcends social positions. Irrespective of whether one is a pauper or a king, he can be morally upright.

It is often said that it is difficult for successful businessman to be morally upright, because there are many opportunities for them to make more money by being otherwise. But I believe that the very successful businessmen or in any profession are not only morally upright but are also generous and have a good sense of fairness, otherwise they can’t be very successful. One may cheat some people for some time, but he can’t cheat all people at all time. An important aspect of the VIP Chi Kung Course is to have high moral values.

(Part 3 follows)

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    Dear Dr. Damian!

Thank you for your interesting question!!

Here comes the answer to Santi

Question 8

Based on my perception, I see that many VIPs struggle with their personal lives as a cause of their position. Media often makes public information that might not be necessarily true. Media might do so in order to attract attention and to sell more.

For example, one actor might be seen chatting with a woman and a Paparazzi, using a tricky perspective when taking the picture, might make it look as if the actor has the intention to kiss the woman. That picture could be on the news all over the world in a matter of hours. It might affect his marriage or family life negatively even when those accusations are false. It could even destroy his good reputation.

How can our Chi Kung/Shaolin Arts help VIPs to deal with those situations and avoid/protect themselves from such attacks? Is there anyway to prevent/anticipate those risky situations? How can VIPs live a happy life that guarantees a happy family and a happy marriage? How can VIPs learn to differentiate real friendships from the ones only interested on their VIPs positions?

Sifu, You have a very happy family life, defend yourself extraordinarily well from attacks or false accusations and you deal with all the challenges that come to your life with such an ease that you make it look easy! Can you please share with us your secret?

Santi

Answer

Thank you for your perceptive questions which will benefit many people, especially nowadays when chi kung has degenerated into gentle physical exercise devoid of the wonderful benefits that genuine, high-level chi kung will bring.

It is true that many VIPs struggle with their personal life due to their positions. Not only we have a genuine, high-level chi kung, but we offer to them so that they can use it to make their personal life happy.

It is wise that VIPs as well as other people should know a few things before they take up our chi kung, spelt as “qigong” in Romanized Chinese.

Firstly, they need to know that different types of chi kung are different in quality and result. Then, they need to know that much of chi kung practiced today, more than 80%, is actually gentle physical exercise, not genuine chi kung, although schools that practice these various types of gentle physical exercise call them chi kung. Please take note that the term, “gentle physical exercise”, is coined by us. It aptly describes what many other schools do.

Thirdly, the VIPs and other people need to differentiate between gentle, physical exercise and genuine chi kung. For a working definition, gentle physical exercise works on the physical body gently, whereas genuine chi kung works on energy. If practitioners, including teachers, do not know what working on energy is, it can be reasonably concluded that they do not practice genuine chi kung.

Next, the VIPs in particular in this case, and other people in general, need to differentiate between low-level chi kung and high-level chi kung. In low-level chi kung, it takes a long time, like many years, to acquire a little result, like some general well-being. In high-level chi kung, it takes a short time, like a few months, to acquire a lot of result, like having internal force.

Fifthly, for those who intend to attend our VIP Chi Kung Course, they need to know what are taught in the course, and why these skills help them overcome their problems and enrich their daily life. As we teach genuine high-level chi kung, course participants will have a lot of results in a very short time. They will be able to generate an energy flow, develop internal force, and attain mental clarity – all at the course itself, though they may need some time, like a few months, to employ these skills to maintain good health, achieve peak performance, and solve their problems.

It may be noticed that generating an energy flow, developing internal force, and attaining mental clarity are taught in all other chi kung as well as kungfu courses. What, then, make the VIP Chi Kung Course different? The techniques to utilize these general skills are different, and these techniques are specially geared to the needs and aspirations of VIPs in their daily life. Some examples will be given as the answer unfolds.

Sixthly, the VIPs have to ascertain that attending the course will bring the desirable results. One way is to attend the course and wait for a few moths to examine the results. A more intelligent way is to see whether those who attended similar courses have attained these results.

As this VIP Chi Kung Course is the first one taught by me, it is not possible to use the intelligent assessment directly. But it is possible to do so indirectly. Assess other VIPs, like national presidents and international CEOs, who attended my chi kung courses to see whether they have desirable results. More than 80% of them do. But those who may not want to take my words as facts, they have to spend a little time to do their assessment.

(Part 2 follows)

Leave a comment:

• Damian Kissey
    replied
    Time and VIPs , VBPs &amp; LIPs

Dearest Sifu ,

VIPs are also usually VBPs ( very busy persons ) and time constraint may be a problem in their daily life : e.g. an Emperor or Empress not only needs time for personal matters but also for family , subjects , country and international affairs .

So VBPs practicing our Shaolin Arts may need to decrease the quantity of practice time below the norm in our school ( the current recommended daily chi kung practice duration in our school is 10 minutes ).

Personally , over the years , I’ve been able to reduce daily chi kung and kungfu practise time from 15 and 30 minutes to 2-3 minutes and 5 minutes respectively ( a 6-fold time reduction ) and still reap equal benefits by increasing practise quality ( ie maximize 6 harmonies ) , doing informal chi kung while going about daily work and using short kungfu sets ( eg San Zhan , Dragon in Zen )…..this strategy incidentally also prevents the potential problem of overtraining where Sifu has advised students to reduce quantity of practice time and/or decrease quality of practice .

Is it advisable for VBPs to modify standard practise duration as in abovementioned strategy ? Perhaps as ad hoc method but not regularly ? Or are there any other ways to get the same benefits but in less time ? Or just keep the standard time and delegate time-consuming responsibilities to LIPs ( “less” important people ) ?

Thank you very much Sifu for your answers and the esteemed Dr Anton for fascilitating .

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    second part:

(Continued from Part 1)

What a meaningful life is, depends on different individuals. Generally, to those who are very poor, a meaningful life is to have a shelter over their heads, and sufficient food for their stomach. To those who are rich, a meaningful life is to have spiritual joys, like being peaceful and happy.

Nevertheless, it can be said for all people that good health and happiness contribute to a meaningful life. Irrespective of whether a person is poor or rich, if he is sick and unhappy, his life cannot be meaningful or cost-effective.

From the traditional Chinese medical perspective -- the perspective that has maintained the health and sanity of the largest population of the world for the longest period of known history and prehistory -- all illness is caused by energy blockage. All our chi kung and kungfu generate energy flow that clears energy blockage. Hence, by practicing our chi kung or kungfu, or both, we have good health.

One of the most wonderful discoveries in my chi kung training was that if we open our heart we will be happy – irrespective of our financial and social positions. We do this every time we practice our chi kung and kungfu – we smile from our heart. It is a very cost-effective way to make us happy.

It may be useful for some of our students to know that when we smile from our heart, our heart opens. When our heart opens, we become happy. It is not the other way round. It is not that we become happy, then our heart opens.

When a person smiles from the heart, his heart opens and becomes happy. But for most of the time, he may find it difficult to smile from his heart, especially if he does not have the opportunity to learn this skill from us. But he will be happy if he can fulfill his needs or aspirations.

I also have discovered from experience that happiness comes from fulfilling needs and aspirations. When the very poor have sufficient food to eat, they become happy because their heart opens. The opening of their heart is not because they have the skill to smile from the heart, but because they have sufficient food to eat.

The rich have fulfilled their basic needs, like food and shelter. Happiness to them comes from fulfilling aspirations. They may want a better job, or to accomplish a mission in life.

Regardless of whether they are rich or poor, two requirements for fulfilling their needs and aspirations are energy and mental clarity. Without energy and mental clarity, they cannot fulfill their needs and aspirations; they have to depend on other people or on their government. A life of dependence is not a cost-effective, meaningful life.

Our arts provide us with a lot of energy and mental clarity. Irrespective of whether we practice chi kung or kungfu, or both, our chi flow gives us a lot of energy. To generate a chi flow, we have to clear our mind of all thoughts, which provides us with mental clarity.
    Our methods are extremely cost-effective. As a reminder, we must always use our energy and mental clarity for good, never for evil.

During the upcoming VIP Chi Kung Course in China, VIPs will have a rare opportunity to learn how to lead a cost-effective and meaningful life. They will learn how to smile from their heart and to generate energy flow which will provide them with a lot of energy and mental clarity.

They have fulfilled their basic needs like shelter and food, so the focus will be on fulfilling their aspirations. They will develop mental clarity so as to know that they need to have planning, perseverance and generosity in order to fulfill their aspirations. They will develop a lot of energy to carry out their aspirations. They will also learn wholesome philosophy that their aspirations are for good – for their own good, the good of other people, or both.

VIPs will learn that, leaving aside altruism, having a noble philosophy is for their own good, because abusing their energy and mental clarity will inevitably bring evil to themselves. This is not moralization or superstition; it is a great universal truth. What the future of the VIPs will be, is a function of their mind. Even the whole phenomenal world is a function of the mind.

The VIP Chi Kung Course is a rare opportunity for VIPs, or those who want to become VIP. Even those who may not want to become VIP will find the course useful, as it will provide them good health and happiness, making their life cost-effective and meaningful. It is a course that under-graduates do not learn in Harvard.

<End>

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    Dear Sigung,

thank you very much for answering my question

Dear all,
    here it comes:

Question 7

In your teaching you often mention similarities between chi flow and cash flow, and furthermore that the most cost effective way is to generate a lot of chi flow in a short period of time, similarly as to generate a lot of cash flow in a short period of time. As well as that it is the chi flow, similarly to cash flow, that keeps us alive.
    On the other hand you often mention that our Arts help us to live a meaningful life.

What is a meaningful life? How can we lead a cost-effective and meaningful life?
    And how could VIPs learn to lead a meaningful life during the upcoming course?

Sifu Anton Schmick

Answer

The analogy between chi flow and cash flow is very useful to help us understand many important points about chi kung.

Today, many people practice chi kung to overcome illness, especially so-call incurable diseases. Many readers, especially at the early stage of my Question-Answer Series, asked me to provide them with suitable chi kung techniques to overcome cancer.

My typical answer was that if cancer could be overcome by practicing some chi kung techniques learned from an e-mail, cancer would not be such a deadly, wide-spread disease. I explained that the essential factor was chi kung skills, not chi kung techniques, and skills needed to be learned personally from a competent teacher. I gave the examples of swimming and driving. One might learn swimming and driving techniques from books, videos or the internet, but without the necessary skills, he would not be able to swim or drive.

At that time, I did not have the analogy of chi flow and cash flow. Then, in a flash of inspiration, I realized their similarities. It is not the types of jobs that one does that provides cash flow, which leads to a comfortable economic life; it is how skillful he is in his job. In the same way, it is not the technique that one does that provides chi flow, but the skills he has in his practice, and the chi flow overcomes his illness.

The analogy does not end here. It does not matter what caused a blockage of cash flow, and also what are the symptoms of the blockage. When the blockage is cleared, a smooth cash flow is restored, and the person can carry on his normal economic life. For example, it does not matter whether his boss paid his salary late or the cheques of his clients bounced – which are causes of his cash flow blockage; and it does not matter whether he cannot pay his house rent or cannot go for a holiday – which are symptoms of his blockage. Once the blockage is cleared and his cash flow resumes, he can overcome his economic ills.

In the same way, it does not matter whether he is attacked by viruses, or is exposed to severe stress – which are the causes of his illness. According to traditional Chinese medical philosophy, if his chi flow is normal, the normal function of chi flow will clear the viruses and stress. It does not matter whether his blood pressure is high or he is clinically depressed – which are symptoms of his chi blockage. Once the blockage is cleared, he will resume his normal good health as a matter of course.

On the other hand, it is not necessarily true that the most cost-effective way is to generate a lot of chi flow in a short period of time in chi kung, and a lot of cash flow in economic life. It depends on the needs of the person involved. In our case, because we have become unbelievably cost-effective, we have to tell our students to slow down their chi flow, but not necessarily their external chi flow movement, so as not to over-train. There are reports on the internet, like those who had won lotteries with a lot of money, led miserable life, showing that a lot of cash flow in a very short period may not necessarily be a good thing.

However, it was true that in my early years of chi kung healing when I gave consultations to students to overcome their illness, I modified exercises from the 18 Lohan Hands to help them have a chi flow faster. This was because I found the chi flow from the 18 Lohan Hands took a longer time to generate a chi flow (but I later found that the chi flow was more powerful), and the students needed a chi flow to clear their chi blockage. These modified exercises are now grouped into the 18 Jewels.

Our arts certainly enable us to live a cost-effective and meaningful life. As far as I know, we are the only school in all chi kung and kungfu history that systematically and progressively teaches our students how to transfer the techniques, skills and philosophy of our arts to enrich their daily life.

(Part 2 follows)

Leave a comment:

• Anton S.
    replied
    Dear Santi,

thanks for your very interesting question!

Dear Olli,

I like your point!
    Actually I am a bit surprised that the questions on the very interesting course are not quickly raised as for other hot topics like Chin Na, 72 Arts and Cosmos Palm. Which are very interesting!
    It may be, that the VIP-topic was not often mentioned explicitly on contrary to the above.
    We know, that Chinese Emperors were trained Shaolin arts. I think we agree that the Chinese Emperors were very important people. So it has tradition in Shaolin to teach the arts to VIPs.
    Yes, there is something to it.
    We still have two questions to ask This is amazing!
    Please feel free to contribute

With best regards,
    Anton
    Last edited by Anton S.; 2 September 2016, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X