10 Questions on Dragon Strength :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Sifu,

I enjoy reading your answers tremendously! Thank you!

Dear Anton,

Thank you again for starting this wonderful thread as well as for posting the answers!

Dear all,

Thanks for the beneficial questions!
    "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
    Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

All I can say: wow!

Fantastic to gain understanding like this!

Comment

Loving This

Fabulous, really starting to get some depth on this set through these awesome questions and answers.

Dec is getting ever closer

Cant wait for heart to heart transmission

With deepest love and respect

Seán

Comment

Dear Roland,
          this is awesome

Tim! We do learn a lot!!

Sean, me too

Here is the final part:

(Continued from Part 3)

A philosophical understanding of their essence is a first step. More importantly, and it takes much more time and effort, is to acquire the essence and apply it in combat and our daily life. Acquiring Dragon force and lighting speed, and applying them in combat will be taught at the Dragon Strength course in December 2014 in Penang. Acquiring sophisticated techniques and deceptive attack, and applying them in combat were taught in the Flower Set course in 2011 in Finland.

The following are some examples of their application in daily life, after having acquired the necessary skills at their respective courses.

You are a certified Shaolin Wahnam instructor or healer. You immediately set up a class or a healing centre according to your current resources, and start teaching or healing. This is applying the skills derived from Dragon Strength in daily life.

You set up a class or a centre, but if you fail to get it working, immediately you apply another method of marketing, and if you fail again, you change to yet another method until you eventually succeed. This is applying the skills of the Flower Set.

If you think about setting up a class or a centre, and talk about it, but never actually do it, or only do it whenever it suits you once a while, you apply methods that are common in the ‘West but are non-Dragon Strength and non-Flower Set.

If you think you are incapable of the task though you have been properly trained to do so, and grab the first easy job that comes your way because you need some income to survive, you use methods that are common in the East, but they are non-Dragon Strength and non-Flower Set.

There are secrets in Dragon Strength and Flower Set. In the past these secrets were revealed only to specially selected disciples. Today these secrets are generally lost. Even rare masters who have benefited from these secrets may not consciously know the secrets. They obtain the benefits through years of dedicated practice.

But our school is elite, or ridiculous. We share many of these secrets openly. We not only teach these secrets in their respective courses but also ensure students practice according to the secrets and derived the expected results.

In Dragon Strength we openly reveal that the special skills are Dragon force and lighting speed, and openly explain how to develop these special skills, like generating flowing energy and consolidating it at will, and using mind to move energy to move form. Of course, those who lack fundamental skills, like generating an energy flow, will be unable to accomplish the skills even though the secrets are revealed to them.

In Flower Set we openly reveal that the special features are deceptive movements and pressing attack, and openly explain how to accomplish these features, like “sounding east striking west” and applying combat sequences relentlessly on opponents but maintaining safety first. Of course, those who cannot even use basic kungfu techniques in their sparring will be unable to accomplish these features even though the secrets are revealed to them.

It is unbelievable that we have such a great variety of choice for specialization in our school. Such an opportunity is unprecedented in all kungfu history. The Dragon Strength course is excellent for fulfilling this great advantage of breadth and depth. The special skills of Dragon force and lighting speed can be applied to any kungfu styles or any aspect in daily life. If one is specialized in the Flower Set, for example, Dragon force and lighting speed will enhance deceptive movement and pressing attack.

<End>
          Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
          Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
          http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
          http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
          http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Thank you Sifu for these amazing answers.
            And thank you Anton for updating almost daily. This thread has been a tremendous inspiration for daily practice and life.

I am so happy December is drawing closer!

With gratitude,

Nessa
            Nessa Kahila
            Shaolin Nordic Finland
            Instructor
            nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

thanks Nessa

here comes Question No. 8

Question 8

In applying to the Dragon Strength course, Sigung mentioned that my having taken the Small Universe course would be especially useful for Dragon Strength. Could Sigung kindly elaborate?

Could Sigung share some personal stories of applying Dragon force in real life?

Stephen

Answer

For me, one who has lived his private and professional life happily and successfully, my specialized kungfu set is Dragon Strength, and the chi kung exercise that I have found to be most beneficial is the Small Universe. If we wish to benefit form others’ examples, it is logical to choose examples of people who have been happy and successful in both their personal and professional life.

It is very useful to follow successful examples. There are at least two important benefits. One, you can save a lot of time. Two, you are sure that the method is correct.

If you want to improve your health by practicing kungfu, for example, you can practice it for some time, like a year, and find out from direct experience whether your health has improved. Interestingly, or alarmingly, many kungfu practitioners do not do this. Before they started practicing kungfu, they might have some idea that practicing kungfu would make them healthy. But after practicing for some time, like more than a year, they do not even realize that they have become more unhealthy, physically as well as emotionally.

Just some common sense will tell that their method is incorrect, because practicing kungfu is meant to make practitioners healthy. It is unlike, for example, practicing cage fighting. For the professionals, practicing cage fighting is to earn money. For the amateurs, practicing cage fighting is a sport, though this sport, they probably do not realize, is unlikely to make them healthy.

In the case of practicing kungfu, one can save a lot of time by following the example of those who have improved their health. He should not take just one or two examples. He should take many examples, like more than ten. He will also be sure that the method these healthy kungfu practitioners employ is correct.

The same principle applies to other aspects of life, like overcoming illness. It is alarming and shocking that many sick people seek treatment from professionals who have explicitly told them that their illness cannot be cured. More shocking, though it is not commonly known, is that the professionals themselves suffer from the very same illness, but would not undergo the same treatment. This is in contrast to doctors trained in traditional Chinese medicine. A doctor of traditional Chinese medicine would undergo the same treatment he prescribes to his patients if he himself is ill.

Besides success, you should also choose examples from people who are happy, in both their personal and public lives. If you choose to follow the example of a successful businessman who is unhappy because he is sick or has no time for his family or himself, yours is not a wise choice.

In kungfu and chi kung training, my examples are worthy to be followed as I am both happy and successful in my personal and professional life. Many people have kindly reported that my happiness is contagious, and has brought sunshine to their lives. My professional teaching has established the largest kungfu and chi kung school in kungfu and chi kung history.

We are indeed very lucky in Shaolin Wahnam that we have a great variety of choice to practice kungfu and chi kung, and all the choices, if we practice them the Shaolin Wahnam way, lead to happiness and health. They also lead to vitality, longevity, peak performance and spiritual joys. Some of us, when we look at the de facto situation of the kungfu and chi kung world today, may forget that this is an exception, not the norm! This situation is alarming. If one practices kungfu or chi kung, he should be happy and healthy, but this is not so today.

(Part 2 follows)

Anton Schmick

shaolinwahnamchina.com

Comment

sean
                I cant wait to see my brothers too

anton.. thank you

and thank you sifu,
                your stories are like circles in the water.

claudio

Comment

claudio! you´re welcome!

here comes part 2

(Continued from Part 1)

One very important factor why we in Shaolin Wahnam are happy and healthy, though many Shaolin Wahnam Family members may not realize it, is due to Dragon Strength and the Small Universe. Dragon Strength is so versatile and powerful that it will enhance any style of kungfu. The Small Universe is so versatile and powerful that it will enhance any style of chi kung.

Because both Dragon Strength and the Small Universe are my favorites, the skills derived from them have seeped into my teaching to enhance any style of kungfu or chi kung I teach. As we practice genuine kungfu and chi kung, i.e. we practice them the way they should be practiced and obtain the results they are meant to give, we become happy and healthy, amongst other benefits. As my teaching, influenced by Dragon Strength and the Small Universe, enhances all styles of kungfu and chi kung I teach, the level of happiness and good health becomes more obvious.

But what may not be so obvious it that our practice of kungfu and chi kung makes us more successful in whatever we do. Although its philosophy is not so obvious, the practical phenomenon is clearly noticeable. Many Shaolin Wahnam instructors and students have reported to me that both their personal life and public life have improved tremendously since practicing our arts.

Why is this so? This is revealed in the Chinese term for good luck, which is “hou yun qi” in Mandarin, or “ho wan hei” in Cantonese. Literally, word by word, “hou yun qi” means “good circulation energy”. Past masters discovered that when a person’s energy circulation is good, he will have good luck. When you have good luck, it is logical that you will be successful.

Both Dragon Strength and the Small Universe ensure good circulation of energy, or having good luck. The full name of the Dragon Strength Set is Dragon Strength Circulating Energy Set. It is a specialized set where practitioners circulate their energy to develop Dragon force.

This is why I mentioned that your having taken the Small Universe course would be especially useful for Dragon Strength. If all other things were equal, a person having taken a Small Universe course would have better and faster results than another person who has not taken the course.

The main aim of the Small Universe is to generate continuous energy flow along the Ren Meridian and the Du Meridian. The Ren Meridian is the source from where energy flows to the twelve primary meridians and all other meridians in the body. The Du Meridian is the reservoir where energy from the 12 primary meridians and all other meridians return to. When energy is flowing vigorously along the Ren Meridian and the Du Meridian, it ensures that energy will flow vigorously to all meridians in the body, giving practitioners good health, vitality, longevity, mental clarity, peak performance and spiritual joys.

A practitioner who already has the Small Universe will start to generate Dragon force as soon as he performs the Dragon Strength Set. A practitioner who does not have the Small Universe will have to first generate his energy flow along respective meridians, only then can he generate Dragon force. Hence a practitioner with the Small Universe has faster result.

A Small Universe practitioner has energy flowing vigorously in all his meridians. A non-small Universe practitioner has energy flowing in those meridians he has generated en energy flow. A Small Universe practitioner, therefore, has a great volume of energy. He also has a smoother energy flow, as his energy is continuously flowing in all his meridians, whereas in the non-Small Universe practitioner some other meridians may be blocked.

Internal force is a function of the volume and the smoothness of energy flow. The bigger the volume the greater will be the internal force generated. Also, the smoother the energy flow, the greater will be the force generated. Hence, the Small Universe practitioner will have better result.

(Part 3 follows)

Anton Schmick

shaolinwahnamchina.com

Comment

Dear Sigung and Everybody,

This is absolutely fantastic.

I feel like the course has already started!

Warmly,

Max

Comment

Incredible

Thank you Sigung for responding to my question and all other questions on this thread with such clarity, depth and enthusiasm. It has been truly a great joy to read. Thank you Sifu Anton for facilitating this thread.

Can't wait to read more! Looking forward to seeing everyone in December!

Best regards,
                      Stephen

Comment

Awesome

Excellent Thread. Totally looking forward to the course!!
                        Jeroen

Comment

Guys, great to hear that!
                          See you in december

here comes part 3

(Continued from Part 2)

One special feature of Dragon force is that it can be manifested at any part of the body. As a Small Universe practitioner already has energy flowing in all his meridian all over his body, he can manifest this ability more effectively than a non-Small Universe practitioner who has energy flowing only in certain parts of his body. The Small Universe practitioner can also manifest more Dragon force as he can make us of the accumulated effect of his continuously flowing energy, like a hurricane, whereas a non-Small Universe practitioner cannot. Hence the Small Universe practitioner has faster and better result.

Most of the times my Dragon force was manifested unconsciously. Here are some random examples that come to mind.

When I visited a lion dance troupe in Sungai Petani in my early years, knowing that I practiced kungfu, the most senior member of the troupe wanted to have some friendly sparring with me. He attacked me with a low punch, like our Precious Duck Swims through Lotus. I retreated into a low sideway Horse-Riding Stance and gripped his attacking arm with my tiger-claws, using the pattern “Second Auntie Catches Crab”. That one move ended the sparring.

Much later some members of the lion dance troupe, which I later taught, reported to me that he told them my internal force penetrated into him and made his whole arm numb. I clearly remember that I did not exert any force, though through practice rather than intention, I held his vital points.

On many occasions when I sparred with other people, I did not purposely exert force, but they later complained that I was powerful. This must be an unconscious manifestation of Dragon force.

On one occasion witnessed by some of our family members, during an Intensive Taijiquan Course in Sungai Petani a former Russian karate champion who had been very rough with other participants of the course, had a sparring with me. I avoided his initial kick, and was about to apply White Snake Shoots Venom to his throat, the very pattern we were practicing then, but he bent forward after kicking and exposed his upper head.

I gently tapped on his head. My Dragon force must have penetrated his bai-hui vital point. He was dazed, and could hardly move. I had to help him with chi flow to release the chi blockage.

My conscious application of Dragon force must be quite well known in our school by now. I applied it at different times on Darryl, Michael, Mark and Robin. They held me tight in some so-called unbreakable hold. I gave a gentle shake and sent them flying many feet away. Darryl said that he felt like a locomotive hitting him. They had to perform chi flow to clear the injury.

More valuable is the application of Dragon force in everyday life. Two recent examples came readily to mind.

During the Fantasy courses in Hawaii, Emiko, Anthony, Chris and some pretty Japanese girls and I had lunch at a restaurant. The restaurant was quite full, and a waitress allotted as to separate tables. Applying my Dragon force unconsciously, I insisted on having all diners at one table, and using lighting speed which I had derived from my Dragon Strength training, I started pulling some small square tables together to make one long composite table.

The pretty Japanese girls were excellent. Although they had not learnt Dragon Strength directly yet, they had its benefits indirectly. They helped me with the table, and before others could realize what was happening, we already had a long table and we sat around it.

On another occasion some instructors had a slight mis-understanding, and harsh words were exchanged. I acted fast with Dragon force and lighting speed. I got everyone at lunch together, and even before the food arrived they became brotherly and sisterly again.

Dragon Strength is very useful not just for kungfu but for daily life. The Small Universe enhances the practice and the results tremendously.

<End>

Anton Schmick

shaolinwahnamchina.com

Comment

Thank You

Dear Sifu,
                            Thank you for answering these questions and giving us these insights

Peace

Mark
                            Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Wonderful Stuff

Truly fascinating reading about the interconnectedness of Small Universe and Dragon Strength

What a great read to be had on a Friday

This week has flown by = a week closer to the course

Looking forward to catching up too Claudio bro (hope your well

With deepest love and respect

Seán

Comment

Sean! Small Universe is a big treasure!

here comes the next Question

Question 9

How can we apply Dragon Strength in various ways when considering how we interact with people from a perspective of hierarchy, like when we are leaders of others(teacher, boss, father, mother, uncle, aunt, etc.), when we are in a group being led by one person or several people(student, employee, son, daughter, nephew, niece, etc.), or when we interact with people on the same or similar level(colleague, husband, wife, friend, etc.)?

Sifu Mark Blohm

Answer

As Dragon force from Dragon Strength is powerful and versatile, it can be applied successfully at any level. Lighting speed, which is also derived from Dragon Strength training, enables that the task at whatever the level is accomplished fast. Hence Dragon Strength training enables us to accomplish any task at any level successfully and fast.

When we are at the top level, we apply Dragon force directly and fast. I often use this application successfully in my teaching.

For example, during a curse in Switzerland a woman student asked me a question. When I started to answer the question, she asked me another question. When I wanted to answer both questions, she asked me a third question.

So I applied my Dragon force from a position of strength. I told her to keep quiet and let me finish answering her questions first. She started to argue. I applied Dragon force directly and fast. I told her that I was the authority in class, and if she did not like my authority she could leave. She and the whole class was shocked. She kept quiet and I could answer all her questions.

She turned out to be a high court judge. One might think that she would be unhappy with my application of Dragon force and lighting speed. But on the contrary, she was happy. She told Andrew, the organizer, and another instructor who later reported to me, that this was one of the best lessons she ever had.

In one of the courses in Ecuador, a male student was sitting on the floor with both feet pointing at me. I applied Dragon force from the position of strength. I told him that it was rude in chi kung culture to sit with the feet pointing at the teacher. He apologized and sat appropriately.

I later learned that he was one of the leaders in the country’s commerce. Was he unhappy with my application of Dragon force? No, as iit was indicated by his subsequent invitation to me to speak to a large organization where he was the president. As a side note, it was while arriving at the venue of this talk that I saw the biggest and most beautiful moon in the sky – without exaggeration, about five feet across in diameter!

(Part 2 follows)

Anton Schmick

shaolinwahnamchina.com

Comment

Working...
                                X