Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More FUN! 36 Strategies!

My Dear Family and Virtual Kwoon Readers,

I am so happy to announce that Sifu is very generously going to Answer 10 more questions. This time, the Q&A will be on the 36 Strategies from 13-18.

Please see the strategies below and ask your question on any one of them as soon as possible. It can refer to work, business, life, training etc.........

Attacking Strategies:

13) Stomp the grass to scare the snake

14) Borrow a corpse to resurrect the soul

15) Entice the tiger to leave its mountain lair

16) In order to capture, one must let loose

17) Tossing out a brick to get a jade gem

18) Defeat the enemy by capturing their chief.

Sifu will teach 13-18 during the Valentine’s Festival on Monday and Tuesday evenings 17th & 18th January and it is lovely to see such a lovely international group taking part. There are still some places left, so please feel free to PM me or email me on sifujoan@gmail.com

Our deepest thanks to Sifu,
    With respect,
    Joan
    Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
    GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
    THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Dear Sifu,

Thank you for sharing this amazing announcement with us. Another epic in the making

Dear Sigung,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to ask a question and for passing on your incredible knowledge to us.

My Question: Which of these strategies would be the best for me to improve my business in terms of getting more customers and increasing my income and how would I apply this strategy to have these outcomes?

Shaolin Salute,
    Dominic.

Comment

Okay. With this announcement I have only three things to say: YES! YES! YES!

Absolutely fantastic. My sincere thanks to Sigung for yet again being so incredibly generous with his profound wisdom and knowledge. The last '10 Questions' thread on the 36 strategies were simply divine. Lets make this one even better with some outrageously amazing questions!

Thank you to Dominic for kick starting the questions. Great question Dominic!

My sincere thanks to my Sifu for very kindly facilitating the thread.

My outrageously amazing question is to follow...

Comment

Borrow a Corpse to Resurrect the Soul

Dear Sifu,

We could say that chi flow is the hallmark of our school. Sifu has said that high level Masters in the past may have utilized it, though even then they may not have had the philosophy which highlighted it as an essential part of their art. Is emphasizing chi flow in our teaching, learning and practice an example of "Borrow a Corpse to Resurrect the Soul"? Also, how important is reflecting on wisdom from the past in order to be creative and solve problems in the present time?

Sincerely,

Mark Blohm
        少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Stomp the grass to scare the snake

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

First of all I would like to thank Sifu for his amazing dedication, patience and generosity. As I mentioned before, I honestly think that I have learned about marketing and strategy more with Sifu than in all my studies.

Second, I would like to thank Sije as she is also a tremendous inspiration for my life. I own her a lot.

After reading the attacking strategies, I kept thinking about the first one of them: "Stomp the grass to scare the snake." As I had no idea about what this strategy meant I searched for some information in Internet. What I understood is that one can launch a brief and direct attack and observe then opponent's reaction. That will uncover his strategy.

I am unsure if this is the real meaning of this strategy. I would appreciate if Sifu could correct or confirm the meaning/purpose of this strategy.

Based on this understanding, I formulate my questions below:

If one launches a direct and brief attack in order to undercover the opponent's strategy, wouldn't that be too risky? Should he then use this strategy only when he is totally ready for attack? Then, in which situations would it be good to use this strategy? Would it be a fake punch an example of this strategy?

Thank you again for the incredible opportunity of enriching my life with Sifu's wisdom. :-)

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santiago

Comment

Dear Dominic, Mark and Santi,

Thank you for your questions.

I am really looking forward to Sifu's answers.

Just 7 more questions, so please don't be shy, this is a golden opportunity to ask our beloved Sifu a question and receive a brilliant answer.

I look forward to reading more in the coming days,

With deepest respect,
            Joan

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
            GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Sigung,

Are any of the 36 Strategies found in our 12 Wahnam Taijiquan or 16 Shaolinquan combat sequences?

Thank you Sigung for another marvellous opportunity to benefit from your wisdom and knowledge.

Than you Sifu for starting this thread. It is another classic in the making!

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Dear Sije,

Thanks for this wonderful opportunity!

Dear Sifu,

Thank you, as ever, for your hard work and teaching.

My question is this: As these strategies are to be used during attack, could Sifu please tell us what non-combat actions would be analogous to attacks? Is, for example, applying for a job an attack of sorts? How about negotiating the purchase of a property? Studying for an exam? Composing a piece of writing?

Also, what would the benefits and limitations be to viewing non-combat situations in martial terms?

Gratefully,

Charles
                Charles David Chalmers
                Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Thank you Sigung and Siguma for this wonderful opportunity.

My question:
                  Can "Borrow a corpse to resurrect the soul" be used as an effective strategy for product or service innovation? And if so how?
                  If there is room for an add-on question (similar to Marc Sisooks question): Can this strategy be applied to "innovation" in teaching?

Examples of innovations which might have benefited of this strategy:
                  - Wearable Fitness Trackers (Fitbit and others) - they borrow the shape of a watch, but have a different purpose (track your movement and other data).
                  - Messenger pigeons - in the past used to transport messages/letters, they have been "re-purposed" to track/measure geographical, meteorological and other data.
                  - Washing machine - one of the first mass-produced washing maschine (the Miele Hera - picture bellow) was based on a butter-maschine.

(The Miele Hera Washing Maschine, Picture Source: http://www.planet-wissen.de ; picture from Miele)
                  Last edited by Andrea; 15 January 2014, 03:46 PM.
                  Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                  Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Dear Kevin, Chas and Andrea,

Thank you for your thought provoking questions. I am looking forward to Sifu's answers.

Only four more questions to go, so if there is a question on your mind now is the time!

As The 36 Strategies Course is open to non Shaolin Wahnam members, it would be nice to hear from you if you are following this thread.

A quote from our last Q&A series on the 36 strategies from Sifu:

Some of us may have the impression that the 36 strategies are tricks to deceive other people. As scholar-warriors we want to defeat our opponents in honourable ways, which was the tradition of great masters in the past. So some of us may think the 36 strategies are not suitable. But this is not so. In fact, knowing the 36 strategies help us to win honourably.

Firstly, we are aware of tricks our opponents may use on us. The 36 strategies are comprehensive, and so include any tricks opponents may think of, regardless of whether they know the 36 strategies. This is following the advice of great strategist, Sun Tze, i.e. know your enemy and know yourself, and you will win hundred battles out of hundred. Sun Tze himself used these tricks frequently. These 36 tricks are effective tools to implement the strategies described in the Art of War.

Secondly, tricks by themselves are neutral. It is the intention behind that makes our action facilitated by the tricks noble. You will be pleased to know that the great Guan Yin Bodhisattva used the first of these 36 strategies, Deceive Heaven to Cross Sea, on Monkey God. The result is that not only it brought a lot of benefit to the Monkey God, but also it brings a lot of benefit to people all over the world, including us.

The special 'Attacking' Strategies conducted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit will be held in The Brehon Hotel, Killarney, Ireland on 17th & 18th February from 6pm -9pm both evenings. The Fee is €500.00 and a deposit of €100.00 will ensure your place on the course.

Please PM me or email sifujoan@gmail.com to book. You will even have special time to travel around the area to see the magical beauty of Killarney and its surrounding areas.

I look forward to meeting you,

With respect,
                    Joan
                    Attached Files

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                    ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joan View Post
                      Dear Kevin, Chas and Andrea,

Thank you for your thought provoking questions. I am looking forward to Sifu's answers.

Only four more questions to go, so if there is a question on your mind now is the time!
                      Thank you Sifu. I am looking forward to Sigung's answer too! Last year's Q & A were an absolute classic.

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

My Dear Family,

When I listed the Attacking strategies I didn't have access to the forum, so copied them from the net.

I have just noticed that Sifu's wording from last year's Q&A on the 36 Strategies is slightly different and more poetic!

Attacking Strategies

13. Hit Grass Startle Snake
                        14. Borrow Body to Reincarnate
                        15. Trick Tiger Leave Mountain
                        16. To Catch So Release
                        17. Throw Stone Attract Jade
                        18. Catch Bandits Catch Leader

As time is running out on the time to ask Sifu questions on part 3 of the 36 strategies, I would really encourage you to post as quickly as you can please. It will be a shame if we can't get to 10 in the next day or so.

Smile from the Heart,
                        Joan

GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
                        ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Sifu,

"To Catch So Release" seems to contradict how we learn to fight oppononents from other styles i.e. don't let your opponent escape, keep pressing. It does not seem useful to throw away the advantage you have once you are able to press an opponent into a corner. Is there a way to use this strategy in a fight against an opponent from another martial art?

Thank you for your time Sifu.

Best wishes,

Roeland
                          www.shaolinwahnam.nl
                          www.shaolinholland.com

Comment

Dear Sifu,

Is there a strategy from this list that you are particularly fond of, or have found particularly useful in daily life or in fighting?

Thank you once again for your time Sifu!

Best wishes,

Roeland
                            www.shaolinwahnam.nl
                            www.shaolinholland.com

Comment

Dear Siguma

I have enjoyed and benefitted a lot from the different Questions/Answers series and therefore would also like to add a question, thank you for the opportunity.

Sigung, at my work one of my main tasks and responsibility is to solve problems and to make decisions that must be then often executed by my colleagues. What would be a gentle but profound and cost-effective way to „attack" their listening and/or understanding when sometimes required? For my private and family life the word „attack" feels more uncomfortable and unnatural to me. Which one of these attacks would you consider the most elegant, soft and feminine that could help me to change my perception?

Thank you for considering my question and I wish you all lots of fun, joy and insight during the upcoming legendary Valentine’s courses :-)

Kind regards, Binia

Comment

Working...
                              X