• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Chi Kung be used for fighting?

Can Chi Kung be used for fighting?
    Yes / No? Why?
    Can you even show the proof?
    Last edited by Anton S.; 27 September 2018, 05:08 AM.
    Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
    Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
    http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
    http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
    http://kungfu-luebeck.de

This is going to be fun
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

I'll kill you with my deadly Lifting the Sky!
      Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Yes..certainly one can use chi kung ( CK )for fighting .

In fact without chi kung or kungfu (KF), one can even win life and death fights ...sometimes with improvised "weapons".

Proof : PM my elder master mariner brother ( forum name : Emanuel Kissey ) who knows no KF , to share his story here ... how he KO'ed a knife wielding assailant with a walkie talkie ! And that was before he learned CK from Sifu in 2002 ! Sifu said , the captain will make a formidable KF master if he learns KF ....i'm trying to persuade him actually !

Pictures:
        1 st ..i mean the old bulky walkie talkie ,Ok.
        2nd : Captain Emanuel standing next to Sifu walkie talkie.jpegCaptNel.jpg
        Last edited by Damian Kissey; 27 September 2018, 11:36 PM.
        Damian Kissey
        Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
        www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Interesting question! Somehow the chi kung pattern Pushing Mountain immediately comes to mind. Perhaps for pushing an assailant away?

With Shaolin Salute,
          Lee Wei Joo
          http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Anton S. View Post
            Yes / No? Why?
            interesting question
            Yes. Chi Kung can be used for fighting

when you relax, focused, confidence and smile, you give a signal to your opponent that you are not afraid from him. actually, your chi is working and will make him afraid and lose confidence.

And you may end the fight without fighting.

Best Regards,

Hussain
            Last edited by Hussain; 30 September 2018, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Originally posted by Anton S. View Post
              Yes / No? Why?
              Thank you Anton Sijat for starting this thread and to all the participants. :-)

When Anton Sijat made the question of "Can Chi Kung be Used for Fighting" another question quickly came to my mind: "Can Smiling from the Heart be Used for Fighting"?

By "Smiling from the Heart" I have certainly avoided many fights in my life. It has a very powerful effect over the outcome of an event. Don't fully understand the intricacies of this marvelous skill and the effects that produces in people but it certainly works.

When I was in Google I worked for 2 years on the phone at the Help Center. "Smiling from the Heart" was by far the best skill that I could possibly use with an angry customer. As incredible as it seems, it worked so many times that I stopped considering the results mere luck or even chance.

Regarding Chi Kung, I remember having had two experiences during Tai Chi Chuan courses. One of them was with Sifu and the other one was with Manuel Siheng (Tai Chi Chuan Instructor from Madrid).

In both experiences, I remember that I was performing an attack on them and they were countering it. Somehow their powerful energy field affected and distorted my energy field. I remember that my mental clarity and my motor skills were gone. I felt like a puppet not knowing very well what was happening. Those events truly amazed me because I never experienced anything like it before.

So, in my own experience, I can certainly say that the strong Chi Circulation that Sifu and Manuel Siheng had at that particular moment affected my fighting in such a way that it reduced drastically my fighting abilities.

Has anyone ever experienced something similar to what I have described above?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Thanks to all for your contribution! The answers are indeed interesting, such as applying the Art of Chi Kung (i.e. internal skills like Smiling from the Heart, relaxation etc.) or by inherent fighting skills handling an old bulky walkie-talkie.
                Also pushing mountains sounds like a usable pattern. The push forward (along with the right jab) is probably one of the most frequent opening patterns of rather less sophisticated bar- or streetfights.
                What about other patterns? For the sake of simplicity, let's stick to the 18 Lohan Hands.

Any ideas?
                Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Let's start with some "obvious" ones:
                  - Punching with angry eyes
                  - Big Windmill
                  - Drawing Knife
                  - Carrying Mountains
                  Sifu Andrew Barnett
                  Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                  Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                  Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Just came to my mind the pattern of "Rotating Knees". How could one possibly use this pattern in a fight? I couldn't find so far a fighting application. Any idea?

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

....well , can be used to fell , also to protect against kick to the groin
                      Damian Kissey

Comment

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                        That is very true dear Siheng! Never thought of that. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. :-)

With Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                          I am very curious how Rotating Knees can be used for felling, can Siheng please elaborate?

With Shaolin Salute,
                          Lee Wei Joo
                          http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Well , the linked video gives an idea , though putting the fellers knees closer is a less favorable option
                            In Shaolin Kungfu a similar attack may be effected with the pattern Angry Bull Charges at Fence
                            Damian Kissey

Comment

I came across this video and thought of this thread.

Last edited by Anton S.; 15 October 2018, 08:17 AM. Reason: embedded the video :)
                              Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Working...
                              X