Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeling dazed after chi kung

Hi,
    I was wondering if you could give me any advice on this. I find sometimes I get a not unpleasant drifty feeling after doing chi kung. Instead of feeling fresh and alert which would be preferable, I find it hard even to engage people in conversation, almost as if I'm in a world of my own. I have an inkling this may be to do with coming out of standing meditation properly (ie - massaging eyes and walking briskly after) but I have also been doing this to combat it, and still I get this weird sensation. Has anyone else had this? Maybe I am doing something wrong...

It sounds to me like you're doing something wrong. Not feeling fresh after your practice is the first sign of faulty practice.

Can you please tell us where you learned qigong, from whom, and how long you've been practicing? Your age and general state of health would also be helpful.
    Sifu Anthony Korahais
    www.FlowingZen.com
    (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

I have been only once to a lesson of Dan Hartwright's who was really helpful.
      My housemate was attending his lessons for 6 months and he practises every day and has re-shown me lifting the sky which I now practice daily.

However, I am careful only to practice lifting the sky because of my inexperience. I suppose it is possible I may be getting lifting the sky slightly wrong but as my housemate was attending Dan's lessons for such a long period it seems unlikely.

Comment

Where are you practicing...and how often?

Darryl visits Worthing periodically. He's an excellent teacher, and I'm sure he could help you. Otherwise, do you know Ronan?
        Sifu Anthony Korahais
        www.FlowingZen.com
        (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Hi Smiffy,

Without meeting you, it's not easy to say for sure but I would suggest that you stop practicing Lifting The Sky for now. The physical form is always the least important part of any Chi Kung exercise and while someone may be able to correct your form, it is unlikely that they would be able to correct your deviation (or even recognise it).

I will be in Worthing this weekend but I won't be checking my email. I suggest that you contact Tim (Zbee on this forum) and come along to the class.

Comment

Working...
          X