QUESTIONS FOR INSTRUCTORS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aunt with pain in her hand

Hi this is Steven again. One of my aunt has pain in her hands from typing a lot at work and now she might have surgery to fix them. Can genuine qigong heal that? I was thinking about referring her to the classes in the US. Please reply back.

Comment

Hi Steven,

Absolutely. I know Shaolin Wahnam students who've had great results with arthritis, tendonitis, and carpal tunnel.

Best,
      Zach

Comment

Sources of Qigong Research

Hello instructors this is Steven. I wanted to ask if any of you know any sources of Qigong research and I need it for my research paper on degenerative diseases. The topic was to decide the top 3 diseases facing the United States.

Comment

Dear Steven,

Today I came across this website which covers many scientific studies and reports:
          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed?term=%22qi%20gong%22

Siheng Anthony K. listed some interesting articles on his website:

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Leo
          Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Shaolin Treasure House

Shaolin Wahnam Wien & Shaolin Treasure House

Comment

Shaolin Wahnam teaching in Singapore?

I couldn't contact Sifu Chris. No response after many many attempts.

Anyway for someone in Singapore to learn Shaolin Wahnam?

Comment

Hi Ana. I have replied to you via PM.

As I mentioned I was away for training where phones and Internet access was not permitted.
              Now I am back so feel free to correspond.
              百德以孝为先
              Persevere in correct practice

Comment

Originally posted by Zhang Wuji View Post
                Hi Ana. I have replied to you via PM.

As I mentioned I was away for training where phones and Internet access was not permitted.
                Now I am back so feel free to correspond.
                Hi Sifu Chris,

I have contacted you through your site http://wahnamsg.com/contact.php
                with my email.

I've had trouble returning your PM reply via PM. I may have succeeded with the last 2 messages, but it took quite a time to get through. I've signed-in, saw my name as logged-in but when trying to post, it keeps saying I have no permission.

If no classes are held in Singapore, can there be personal coaching at a time convenient which a busy instructor can accomodate?

For various reasons, not everyone is able to fly to another country to attend the courses, much as that is desirable.

Appreciate if you can contact me by email, as the PM not always working.

Thank you.

Comment

Permission Use Shaolin.org As Resource

Hello everyone this is Steven. It has been a long time since I chat on this forum.
                  I wanted to ask if I can use the information from Shaolin.org as a resource for my informative speech I will be giving in college. My topic will be about the tradition of Shaolin Kung Fu. Please reply.

Comment

Hi Steven,

Originally posted by comp52 View Post
                    I wanted to ask if I can use the information from Shaolin.org as a resource for my informative speech I will be giving in college. My topic will be about the tradition of Shaolin Kung Fu. Please reply.
                    Since we have this text at the bottom of the website homepage I think you can.

Originally posted by shaolin.org
                    The aim of this website is to disseminate information on genuine Shaolin Kungfu, Chi Kung, Taijiquan and Zen. If you wish to reproduce any material from any of the webpages in this site, please feel free to do so. It would be appreciated if you can mention the source of the information you reproduce.
                    Good luck with your speech.
                    George / Юра
                    Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Question

Hello everyone this is Steven. Right now I am practicing to prepare for a future Intensive Shaolin Kungfu course and have a question. Should I practice in memorizing sets or sequences first? I have already practiced the eight patterns already. Please reply. Thank you.

Comment

The "natural" progression is:
                        - Stances
                        - Patterns
                        - Sequences
                        - Sets (as they are built from the sequences)
                        Sifu Andrew Barnett
                        Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                        Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                        Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

16 Basic Sequence Question

Hello Shaolin Wahnam Instructors, this is Steven. I have been practicing the 16 basic sequences so that I will be ready for a Shaolin Kungfu Course in the future. My question is, "Should I memorize the sequence from the perspective of the initiator and responder?" Please respond. Thank you.

Comment

Hello Steven,

"Should I memorize the sequence from the perspective of the initiator and responder?"
                            Yes, to be fully prepared you should learn both the initiator and the responder's sections for each of the sequences. The more of the sequences you can learn the more you can focus on the fine points during the course. This will help you maximise the benefits you receive from attending.

Best,
                            Nick

Comment

Thank you

Thank you Sifu Nick Jones for replying. Have a good day.

Sincerely,
                              52comp

Comment

Comp if you are in the Portland metro area there is a more advanced practitioner who recently moved to the area. PM me and I can put you in contact with him (he's not on the forum too often). You'll find it very beneficial to be able to practice the sequences with someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X