Virtual Kwoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Kwoon?

20th May 2009 saw the official announcement of the Shaolin Wahnam Institute Virtual Kwoon.

This thread is to discuss the content of that announcement and related items.

Happy discussing
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Chi Kung Courses: May 2019 in Landquart CH
    QEA Discussion Forum: www.qea.ch/forum

Sweep.

In celebration of the new virtual kwoon, I would like to donate this virtual broom for sweeping the virtual floor.

When one door closes, another one opens.

Comment

Great

Originally posted by Omar View Post
      In celebration of the new virtual kwoon, I would like to donate this virtual broom for sweeping the virtual floor.[/IMG]
      ....and it would be my honor to take first responsibility to sweep the floors of the kwoon and serve tea . I love my spear practice so much I am sure the sweeping would not only keep the Kwoon clean, but would also improve my skills with the spear .

What a beautiful broom too

Comment

Kwoon Etiquette : Of Spears and Brooms

During the first session of the previous Weapons Course in Sungai Petani , we unloaded some long weapons from a van and stood them pointing up against the training hall wall adjacent to the WC door .

As Sifu walked into the hall , the misplaced weapons caught his eye and he taught us that we should treat our weapons with due respect and safety : in a weapons rack or flat on the floor away from the toilet .We promptly re-located the weapons .

So , despite both being useful kwoon items , do not mix the spears and the brooms
        Damian Kissey
        Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
        www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

When I first saw the message and announcement about the virtual kwoon, I thought, "Ah! At last it will help newcomers understand how this forum operates!" However, the big banner that showed up quickly disappeared, making me think that perhaps newcomers will forget this.
          My suggestion is that for new members of the forum, that announcement/banner/sticky remain displayed for a certain number of log-ins (10? 20?). After that, it disappears; the purpose would be to make it more obvious to people who are not used to the feel of this forum.
          I think making it more explicit that this is a virtual kwoon is a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Omar View Post
            In celebration of the new virtual kwoon, I would like to donate this virtual broom for sweeping the virtual floor.
            [/IMG]
            You may not be aware that a broom such as the one you have shown has been used as a weapon, at least according to some GongFu legend and movie. If so, it can be kept together with the spears

Comment

Originally posted by Chiahua View Post
              My suggestion is that for new members of the forum, that announcement/banner/sticky remain displayed for a certain number of log-ins (10? 20?). After that, it disappears; the purpose would be to make it more obvious to people who are not used to the feel of this forum.
              I think making it more explicit that this is a virtual kwoon is a great idea.
              Good thinking, Chiahua. I think that's a fairly valuable point.

Although some physical kwoons themselves may not have such rules and regulations on display at their entrance, our virtual kwoon is accessible to anybody with access to the internet, thereby making it, quite possibly, the most easily accessible kwoon in the world. I think it would do well to have that reminder there so that people are not mislead to believe its simply another discussion forum among countless many others.

Comment

The announcement is shown once EVERY browser session. I hope that suffices. Other variations get complicated to implement.
                Sifu Andrew Barnett

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)

Comment

I am happy about the "Virtual Kwoon" announcement. It is very helpful to me, at least.

Best wishes,
                  George / Юра
                  Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                    The announcement is shown once EVERY browser session. I hope that suffices. Other variations get complicated to implement.
                    I just noticed that, I think people will get the idea

Comment

What a nice change .
                      Now this forum feels even more "at home". Thanks to all involved.

Andrea
                      Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
                      Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch
                      Google+ :
                      https://plus.google.com/+TaiChiChuanQigongWahnamZürich/

Comment

I appreciate the reminder of this being a virtual kwoon.

This is a fine reminder to act here as we would in front of
                        Sifu, our brothers, sisters, and entire Wahnam family.

I deeply appreciate and respect this forum, our virtual kwoon.

And I am eternally grateful to Sifu, and all the sifus for sharing
                        and dedicating their lives to teaching these wonderful arts.

Thank you.

My best to eveyone here,

Zach

Comment

Thanks for the feedback we have received both here and in private messages.

Now come the first questions:
                          - What would YOU consider the Do's and Don'ts in your school's Kwoon?
                          - What would YOU consider the Do's and Don'ts in another school's Kwoon?
                          - How would your conduct differ as you progress and develop in your school?
                          - What (if any) special conduct would you adopt if the Grandmaster of the school (your own or another) were present in the Kwoon?

More questions will, I believe, appear on their own when people start to answer these, quite basic, questions.
                          Sifu Andrew Barnett

Comment

very good idea !

The virtual kwoon is a very good idea, gratulations ! Maybe it would be nice to see "virtual kwoon" in the title picture ...

br
                            lg Irene Hewarth www.shaolinqigong.at

Comment

Shaolin Wahnam Virtual Kwoon

Hello,

I'd like to use this opportunity to highlight some important points, regarding the use of our forum.
                              This forum is not some average harbour for weirdos in computer land who call themselves some daft name, and then proceed to talk rubbish while being rude to other members.

Read the sign on the door; it's the Shaolin Wahnam Virtual Kwoon.

Can you imagine what would happen if you swaggered into a Karate Dojo or Kung Fu Kwoon, and started talking smack to the students, Sensei or Sifu?
                              I know what would happen; you'd get your ass handed to you on a plate!

So listen up guests; this is not a free for all, where you can shout your mouth off at anyone about anything, mind your manners please.

Thank you,

Jamie

Comment

Working...
                              X