No announcement yet.

The Gratitude Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last week I was on a boat on open sea in Thailand when a Tsunami alert reached us due to an earthquake in Sumatra. Our boat went full speed direction land and stopped when the shore was in near eyesight. In the first place we were then told that we would stay on sea and watch out for the wave as this was supposed to be a safer place compared to the shore land.
    After the first shock at one point panic broke out on our boat and I felt a lot of fear within me and around me and I decided to sit down properly and go into a ChiKung State of Mind in order to relax. For a short moment I had to think about the book Sukhavati of Sigung and what he and my Sifu told me about Amitabha Buddha. But there was this sword in my head that cut that thought immeadiately. I wanted to live and I wanted to be safe here. And I started to pray to Guan Yin. I was just sitting there repeating my small mantra over and over again. And then I became incredible calm and peaceful and whatever happened around me did not affect me during that time.

I am grateful that we were blessed and in the end there was no Tsunami.
    I am grateful to be alive.
    I am grateful for the strong wish to be alive.
    I am grateful for my refound prayers. I remember that as a child I prayed a lot. I would hide myself and pray for the wellbeing of my family. Along the way I lost that although I have always believed in something bigger. I have realized that my prayers have come back with training the Shaolin Arts.
    I am grateful for the Shaolin Arts.
    I am grateful for this thread as it feels good to write this down.
    I am grateful to you for reading this.

My blessings go to the people that have been affected by the earthquake last week and to all the people that are still traumatized by the Tsunami of 2004.

Comment

• Dear Family,

I am very Grateful to Sifu for teaching these Art's, for making my life more joyful and meaning full each and every day.

What a wonderful world.

With Gratitude,
      Brendan

Comment

• Originally posted by brendan View Post
        Dear Family,

I am very Grateful to Sifu for teaching these Art's, for making my life more joyful and meaning full each and every day.

What a wonderful world.

With Gratitude,
        Brendan
        Dear Brendan,

Thats wonderful brother. I'm very happy for you.

I enjoyed your post where you told of the walk into town on St Patrick's day.. it made me smile.

Best wishes,

Nick

Comment

• Thank you for my life and everything in it.
          Thank you for my Mum and Dad.
          Thank you for my Sigung.
          Thank you for all the Past Masters.
          Thank you Jesus.

Comment

• Dear Family,

Being a part of this school has changed my life considerably. Through the trials life has thrown my way (of course everyone has them), maintaining my chi kung practice has helped me deal with these challenges much better than had I not had the golden opportunity to practice these wonderful arts.

I thank God regularly for helping me find a wonderful Sifu, although I was a poor student in the past I am now practicing diligently. So thank you Sifu from the bottom of my heart, words don't come close to expressing how much you have helped me and my family.

I also want to convey to my Seniors that you have all kindly gone out of your way to help me whether it has been in person or via e-mail or writing your experiences on the forum.
            For example both Sihings Antonius and Swiss Andrew having never met me were extremely kind in answering my numerous questions and giving me a lot of guidance.

Gratefully,

Sham.

Comment

• I'm feeling very grateful for Sifu's amazing website and for the google search function.

Thank you, Sifu!!!
              Jeffrey Segal

Comment

• I have so many things to be grateful for, and every day I can find more, but for this post:

I am grateful:
                • to my parents for bringing me into the world
                • for all the experiences of my life - good or "bad" - that have led me to this point
                • for the challenges in life that led me to find Sigung and the amazing Shaolin arts
                • for the blessings to be able to practice these incredible arts
                • for my health which is improving daily
                • for all the wisdom, teachings and truth out there in the world just waiting for us to notice it
                • for my education and for being able to read
                • for the technology, printing and other means that enables us to access learning and grow through life
                • for the golden age of civilisation and technology that we live in
                • for the security of a civilised society
                • for this beautiful planet Earth that we live on that nurtures and inspires us
                • for the love of my family and my wonderful children that fill me with joy
                • for love
                • for my friends and this Shaolin Wahnam family, both students and instructors
                • to Sigung for his generous teachings, his books, website and this forum
                • for being able to feel and express my gratitude
                • to smile from the heart
                • to feel just how wonderful it is to be alive
                • for life itself

Love, Matt
                With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

• I would like to express my gratitude for the wonderful flow method, especially when applied to One Finger Shooting Zen. It's amazing.

Comment

• Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

I am very grateful that yesterday I graduated with a Diploma in Youth and Community Work from University College Cork.

Thank you Sigung and thank you Sifu for your guidance and teaching which has given me the confidence to see this course through to the end.

Thank you for given me the confidence to live and enjoy my life.

Shaolin Salute,

Dominic.

Comment

• Dear Brother Dominic,

My hearty congradulations to you on your excellent achievement. Very, very well done. Your volunteer work with young people is noble work and something which you can be very proud of.

Looking forward to training with you again real soon.

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

• Dear Dominic Si Jat,

A very big congratulations may you have many more successes.

Shaolin Salute,
                        Brendan

Comment

• Dear Dominic,

also from Switzerland congratulations to that achievement! May you experience many, many wonderful moments and stories within that work!

Kind Regards to Ireland, Binia

Comment

• Dear Kevin Sihing, Brendan Sisook and Biana Siguje,

Thank you all for your kind words and good wishes.

Looking forward to training with you again too Kevin Sihing.

Shaolin Salute,

Dominic.

Comment

• Well done, Dominic!
                              Jeffrey Segal

Comment

• Dear Jeffrey Sisook,

Thank you very much.

Shaolin Salute,

Dominic.

Comment

Working...