Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Please find below another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"Letting go is natural. We are born with the natural ability to let go, and this natural ability is well seen in small children. But for most people, because of their ways of living and other factors, they become tensed as they grow into adulthood. So, most people have to re-learn how to let go.

It is simple to let go, though it may not be easy for many people. Just don’t do anything, especially don’t tense muscles and don’t think of anything. Practicing chi kung, genuine chi kung where there is chi flow, is an excellent way to learn letting go. If a person has practiced chi kung successfully for 6 months, he has learned how to let go for 6 months. If he has practiced chi kung for 3 years, letting go has become natural again for him." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source and Further Reading

Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Please find below another wonderful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"Keeping an open heart is not only very important in the progress of our chi kung training, but it is more important in life. There is a saying in Chinese that the greatest fear is to close the heart. When a person’s heart is close, he loses the ability to experience joy. He becomes depressed for life.

Having an open heart also means being open to new learning. When a person’s heart is close, he close himself to all learning. When a person’s heart is open, i.e. when he is happy and open to learning, learning becomes a joy.

One of the best ways to open a person’s heart is to give him what he needs for the present moment. If a person is dying of thirst in a desert, giving him a lot of money may not open his heart, but giving him water to drink will.

Another of the best ways to open a person’s heart is what we do every time we start our practice, i.e. to smile from the heart. You can try it right now. Sit up and be relaxed. Smile from your heart. Immediately your heart opens and you feel happy." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another beautiful and inspiring quote that I love from Sifu:

" Where there's chi, there's life". - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

• Dear Santi,

It is great to have you posting your inspiring quotes from Sifu again, after a short absence. The photo of Sifu leaping in the air is amazing! Indeed, where there is chi, there is life

With Shaolin Salute,
          Lee Wei Joo
          http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LeeWeiJoo View Post
            Dear Santi,

It is great to have you posting your inspiring quotes from Sifu again, after a short absence. The photo of Sifu leaping in the air is amazing! Indeed, where there is chi, there is life

With Shaolin Salute,
            Lee Wei Joo
            Thank you for your kind words dear Sidai. They are very much appreciated. I love that picture from Sifu too! :-)

For today I would like to share another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"Whether you have benefits from your chi kung practice depends on three factors -- the art, the teacher and the student.

If the art is low level, you will have a little benefits. If the art is high level, you will have a lot of benefits.

If the teacher is mediocre, you will have a little benefits. If the teacher is good, you will have a lot of benefits.

If the student is ordinary, he will have a little benefits. If the student is smart, he will have a lot of benefits.

This presumes the practice is correct. If the practice is wrong, there will be harm instead of benefits." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another wonderful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

" In other words, irrespective of whether you are performing a kungfu set, preparing tea in a ceremonial way, viewing a sunset, chewing your food, walking with your girlfriend hand in hand, or giving a public speech, if you are in a Zen state of mind you will be calm and relax, and spontaneously and usually correctly initiate or respond to requirements of the activity involved.

For example, if you miss a pattern in the set, you would just smoothly go on to the subsequent pattern without a break and without any indication for spectators that you have missed a pattern. Others who lack the benefit of a Zen state of mind may just stop and stretch their head, or do any tell-tale action that shows they have made a mistake at this point.

If you are holding a pot of hot tea and someone is about to crash onto you, you would without any intellectualizing, spontaneously move aside to avoid the crash, and carry on your tea ceremony as if nothing amiss has happened. Others without a Zen state of mind would accidentally splash the hot tea on to himself or the crashing-in person, or execute any other action clumsily not in harmony with the tea ceremony." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

• Great recent quote from Sifu ...
                There is nothing glamorous about fighting. Your aim is not to be a hero, but to come out of combat unharmed.

Damian Kissey
                Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                  Great recent quote from Sifu ...

There is nothing glamorous about fighting. Your aim is not to be a hero, but to come out of combat unharmed.
                  Life is very precious, thank you for highlighting this quote Siheng Damian

Sifu's quote can be found here in our forums in the thread 10 Questions on Becoming a Shaolin Wahnam Practitioner, question 4 answer 4.

With Shaolin Salute,
                  Lee Wei Joo
                  http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Please find below another inspiring and wonderful quote from Sifu:

"In writing my books, I consciously aimed at two accomplishments. One, I wanted my books to be readable. I was inspired by reading an editor who said that she had no interest in the topic of a book she was reviewing but it was so well-written that she couldn’t put it down.

One important factor that makes a book readable is clarity. An author presents his materials clearly that readers can understand it. Many books are boring because readers do not know what the authors are saying. Sometimes, the authors themselves do not know what they say.

Another important factor is pleasure. Readers will enjoy reading a book if there is humour. The book is also a pleasure to read when the reading materials are presented from a fresh, and sometimes surprising, perspective.

The second aim I wished to accomplish when writing my books, besides readability, was that readers must gain benefits from reading them. Many readers kindly told me that they had gained from my books more than they ever thought possible from the arts they were pursuing. Some, who had not pursued the arts before, told me they had been inspired to start practising the arts." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

• Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                      Great recent quote from Sifu ...

Thank for for sharing this beautiful quote dear Siheng. :-)

Santi

Comment

"One may still enjoy the wonderful benefits of good health, vitality, longevity, mental clarity and spiritual joys by practicing high-level chi kung without any martial aspects, but it is the martial training that brings the attainment to an exceptionally high level. A few examples will make this clear.

To most people the concept of good health means being free from illness and enjoying general well-being. This marks the apex of non-martial chi kung training. But to a true martial artist, this is only the beginning. His concept of good health will include many aspects ordinary people do not even dream about, like being able to spar for an hour or two without feeling tired or panting for breaths.

To most people the concept of mental clarity means being able to think clearly. But it is much more to a true martial artist. His mental clarity is trained to such an exceptionally high level that during combat, for example, he can analyze a few possible responses in a given combat situation and in a split second make the best choice. In a non-combat situation, when he enters a room full of people he can sense who are friendly to him and who are antagonistic, even when some of them are behind his back!" - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another fantastic quote from Sifu:

"What is good, and what is evil?

Whatever that brings benefit to oneself and others is good, whatever that brings harm is evil.

Helping others brings benefit to oneself and others. Thus it is a good deed, and results in good karma.

It brings benefit to the person providing help because it makes him happy. It brings benefit to the receiver of help because it enables him to overcome some difficulty.

Asking for help also brings benefit to oneself and others. Thus it is also a good deed, and results in good karma.

It brings benefit to the person asking for help as it enables him to overcome some difficulty. It brings benefit to the person providing help because it gives him an opportunity to create good karma." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

"I also have discovered from experience that happiness comes from fulfilling needs and aspirations. When the very poor have sufficient food to eat, they become happy because their heart opens. The opening of their heart is not because they have the skill to smile from the heart, but because they have sufficient food to eat.

The rich have fulfilled their basic needs, like food and shelter. Happiness to them comes from fulfilling aspirations. They may want a better job, or to accomplish a mission in life.

Regardless of whether they are rich or poor, two requirements for fulfilling their needs and aspirations are energy and mental clarity. Without energy and mental clarity, they cannot fulfill their needs and aspirations; they have to depend on other people or on their government. A life of dependence is not a cost-effective, meaningful life.

Our arts provide us with a lot of energy and mental clarity. Irrespective of whether we practice chi kung or kungfu, or both, our chi flow gives us a lot of energy. To generate a chi flow, we have to clear our mind of all thoughts, which provides us with mental clarity. Our methods are extremely cost-effective. As a reminder, we must always use our energy and mental clarity for good, never for evil." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another quote from Sifu that I personally love:

"There are always two perspectives to every situation – the good and the bad, or yin and yang in chi kung training.

What about a bad situation? Is there a good perspective to a bad situation. Yes, there is always a good perspective even to a bad situation. The question is whether a person can see the benefit of the good perspective, and more importantly to act on it.

Let us take a bad situation. Someone is sick. The bad perspective is that he suffers because he is sick. The good perspective is that he will recover, and practice chi kung so that he will not be sick in future.

Someone has lost his job. The bad perspective is that he will not get income from his job. The good perspective is that he can get a better paying job, or better still become a boss himself.

A person met a serious motor accident. The bad perspective is that he has to be hospitalized. The good perspective is that he has not died. He has a chance to live a better life than before.

The good perspective cannot change the existing bad situation. If a situation is bad, it is bad no matter how well a person thinks about it. But how he thinks about it has a direct effect on the future unfolding of his life.

If he thinks badly, he feels badly and the future is likely to turn out to be bad for him. If he thinks well, immediately he feels better, and the future is likely to turn well for him." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

"My chi kung practice certainly contributes greatly to my success in dealing with people, including people who are rude to me. But I had two very good foundations. I was a boy scout and later an assistant scout master in school which gave me good training. Secondly, my father taught me, since I was small, to be courteous and humble.

Besides giving me some of the happiest moments of my life, scouting also provided me good training in dealing with people. Scout Law number 5 states that a scout is courteous. Scout Law number 8 advises a scout to smile in all circumstances. When a person is courteous and smiles at all times, as well as is humble, as taught by my father, he has a great advantage when dealing with people.

Many people know that to be courteous, cheerful and humble is a great advantage, but they may not be able to do so. Here is where chi kung training comes in. Chi kung training not only opens people’s heart, therefore making them possible to be courteous, cheerful and humble if they choose to be, but also gives them desirable qualities like strength, courage, mental clarity and quickness of thought and action to be so." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Working...
                                X