Quotes from Sifu (Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Santi Siheng,

It is always a joy to read Sifu's quotes. I am sure that I speak for many people who may not post on the forum regularly, or at all, that we have benefited from the reading of your posting of Sifu's quotes. (If you like Sifu's quotes and Santi's contributions, it won't hurt to post a simple thank you to acknowledge Santi's work )

With Shaolin Salute,
    Lee Wei Joo
    http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Originally posted by LeeWeiJoo View Post
      Dear Santi Siheng,

It is always a joy to read Sifu's quotes. I am sure that I speak for many people who may not post on the forum regularly, or at all, that we have benefited from the reading of your posting of Sifu's quotes. (If you like Sifu's quotes and Santi's contributions, it won't hurt to post a simple thank you to acknowledge Santi's work )

With Shaolin Salute,
      Lee Wei Joo
      Dear Sidai,

Thank you for your kind words. They are very much appreciated. I am glad that you are benefiting from reading Sifu's quotes. I am enjoying and also learning greatly in the process of posting Sifu's quotes. :-)

I would like to share another wonderful quote from Sifu related to teachers:

"In the recently concluded Art of Teaching course, we classified teachers into four categories – bad, mediocre, good and great. The aim of the course was to train great teachers.

A bad teacher brings harm instead of benefit, like knee injuries. A mediocre teacher just teaches according to a syllabus, often without knowing whether his students can follow. A good teacher brings benefits the art is meant to give. A great teacher brings out the best in his students, not just in the art he teaches but in their daily life." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source and Further Reading

Image Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Please find below another beautiful quote from Sifu:

"Developing internal force and performing a sequence of patterns in one breadth can be readily transferred to benefit our daily life. Internal force enables us to perform our tasks with energy and mental clarity. Amongst many other benefits, when it is necessary internal force enables us to be assertive.

Translated into our daily life, performing a sequence of patterns in one breadth inspires us to perform a complete series of actions in one go instead of performing its parts, often with lengthy intervals between the parts. This principle has enabled me to achieve many things in daily life, and provides an answer to those who wonder how I could accomplish so many things in a relatively short time." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Image Source

Santi

Comment

Dear Santi Siheng,

I am impressed by your dedication and effort in posting Sifu's quotes daily for the benefit of everyone, along with wonderful photos. Perhaps you can share with us some secrets about what keeps you going on a separate thread?

With Shaolin Salute,
          Lee Wei Joo
          http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LeeWeiJoo View Post
            Dear Santi Siheng,

I am impressed by your dedication and effort in posting Sifu's quotes daily for the benefit of everyone, along with wonderful photos. Perhaps you can share with us some secrets about what keeps you going on a separate thread?

With Shaolin Salute,
            Lee Wei Joo
            Thank you dear Sidai for you kind words. They are very much appreciated. :-)

Thank you also for your advise in creating a new thread for "sharing some secrets about what keeps me going". I will start a new thread soon and will explain in further detail.

For today, I would like to share another beautiful and inspiring quote from Sifu:

"A good way to show our gratitude to their blessings is to live the type of life that they will be proud of us. Bodhisattva of Great Compassion is famous for her great compassion. Immortal Li is kind and helpful to others. The 18 Lohans are peaceful and happy. My sifu was outstanding for his clear sense of conscientiousness.

So if we exhibit these qualities in our daily life, like being compassionate, kind, helpful, peaceful, happy and have a clear sense of conscientiousness, we can express our gratitude to them. In practical terms we live by our Ten Shaolin Laws." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Image Source

Santi

Comment

" The main character trait for a Shaolin practitioner to have to take his art to the highest level is gratitude. This may be a surprise to some people who may think it is determination or intelligence or something else, but from my many years of experience both as a student and a teacher, it is gratitude. In fact, gratitude is needed at all levels. "

Sifu further elaborates :

At a beginning level, a student needs to have gratitude to learn effectively from his teacher If he lacks gratitude, like if he practices according to what he thinks is correct and not according to what his teacher asks him to do, which many students do often without their realizing, he will miss the essence of the art right at the beginning.

If a student lacks gratitude at the intermediate level, he will not progress to the advanced level. Compared to other students he may have accomplished much, especially when kungfu and chi kung today have degraded beyond recognition. where students hurt themselves with free exchange of blows instead of learning to defend themselves in kungfu, or perform outward forms as gentle exercise without any experience of energy flow in chi kung. But he will be stagnatt at this level. But if he is grateful that he has an opportunity to learn an esoteric art, he will follow his master's teaching and progress.

It is often at the advanced level where students would one day become masters themselves that these students fail. As they have attained abilities not available to most other practitioners, they become disrespectful and arrogant, thinking that there is no much they can get from their masters. If they have gratitude, they can overcome this hurdle. As they are arrogant they will also not benefit from other masters or other sources.
              Hui Ke.jpg
              Damian Kissey
              Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
              www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                [B][I]" The main character trait for a Shaolin practitioner to have to take his art to the highest level is gratitude. This may be a surprise to some people who may think it is determination or intelligence or something else, but from my many years of experience both as a student and a teacher, it is gratitude. In fact, gratitude is needed at all levels. "

[/ATTACH]
                Thank you dear Sihing for including another inspiring quote from Sifu. :-)

For today, I would like to include another wonderful quote from Sifu:

What benefits can one get when he has progressed from focusing on the dan tian to being everywhere. We can learn a great lesson from Yagyu Tajima, one of the greatest Japanese swordsmen. Yagyu Tajima said that when a swordsman’s mind was focused on any one part, like on his sword, he could use his sword expertly, but he might not be able to use other parts expertly. But if his mind was everywhere, he could use all parts expertly." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Image Source

Santi

Comment

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                  It is often at the advanced level where students would one day become masters themselves that these students fail. As they have attained abilities not available to most other practitioners, they become disrespectful and arrogant, thinking that there is no much they can get from their masters. If they have gratitude, they can overcome this hurdle. As they are arrogant they will also not benefit from other masters or other sources.
                  A very useful reminder.

Sifu Andrew Barnett
                  Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
                  Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
                  Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Chi Kung Courses: October and November 2018 in Landquart CH
                  QEA Discussion Forum: www.qea.ch/forum

Comment

Working...
                  X