Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Please find below another inspiring a beautiful quote from Sifu:

"Why is it wise and compassionate to forgive? Leaving aside fine points of Cosmic occurrences which actually happen, betrayers may not know whether victims forgive them, but the victims will harm themselves if their response is bad, will be indifferent if their response is indifferent, and will be good if their response is good. It is wise to be good, foolish to harm themselves, and mediocre to be indifferent.

How do victims harm themselves if their response is bad, if they are angry or want to take revenge against betrayals? The negative energy resulting from their bad response will clock up their natural energy network and bring about illness. In fact, in my many years of chi kung healing, I have discovered that a lot of so-called incurable diseases are due to blocked emotions. Even if the victims are not clinically sick, the energy blockage will affect many aspects of their daily life. Obviously, it is unwise to be sick or to have poor results in daily life.

When a victim is angry, wants to take revenge or has any manifestations of a bad response to a betrayal, he (or she) not only negates compassion but actively approaches cruelty. It is not just subjective, i.e. cruel people may argue that to be cruel is better than to be compassionate, but cruelty brings harm as it causes energy blockage. Obviously, it is foolish to cause harm to himself.

On the other hand, leaving aside altruism which we believe in and value highly, wisdom and compassion bring benefits. Indeed, many people have kindly commented that I am wise and compassionate. I owe these desirable qualities to being forgiving." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Quote Source and Further Reading

Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Please find below another quote from Sifu that I particularly love:

"There is a scroll hanging at my office showing in Chinese ten greatest attainments in life.

The greatest wealth is good health.
      The greatest gift is forgiveness.
      The greatest crime is not being filial to parents.
      The greatest shame is to bully others.
      The greatest mistake is to gamble.
      The greatest failure is being vain.
      The greatest stupidity is to take drugs.
      The greatest bankruptcy is loss of hope.
      The greatest admiration is to aim for progress.
      The greatest happiness is to help others.

Implementing any one of the above teaching per day will surely enrich our daily living." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another inspiring quote from Sifu:

"It is significant to note that in the Shaolin teaching, no matter how beautiful or noble the philosophy may be, it is always geared towards practical results. Without practical results, the philosophy is merely hollow words.

Therefore, Shaolin disciples do not just talk about techniques and internal force, but actually fight well in combat. They do not just talk about energy fields and micro-cosmic flow, but are actually healthy and full of vitality. They do not just talk about the depth of Zen but actually experience spiritual joy." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another quote from Sifu that I personally love:

"There are two main approaches to making a wise decision. For convenience, I call them the rational approach and the intuitive approach, or the approach of the head and the approach of the heart.

In the rational approach, get a piece or a few pieces of paper. Make three columns, and mark them as headings “Variables”, “Favorable” and “Unfavorable”.

In the “Variables” column, list down the column variables that affect your decision, like your abilities, interests, aims in life, parents’ aspirations, resources, expected sacrifice, etc. For the “Favorable” column as you consider each variable, write down your assessment ranging from 1 the lowest to 10 the highest. Do the same for the “Unfavorable” column, but ranging from -1 for the least unfavorable to -10 for the most unfavorable.

Take some time to consider what variables to place in the column. Take some time to consider carefully as you access each variable. How valid your answer will be depends much on how well you prepare and assess the variables.

Adding up the plus and minus points will give you the answer. Do this carefully only once, and stick with the decision. Don’t make things difficult for yourself by later worrying whether the variables are rightly chosen or intellectualizing whether you should make another assessment.

It is recommended to perform the intuitive approach early in the morning. Have a good shower and put on some clean clothing. Go into gentle chi flow for a few seconds, then stand upright and be totally relaxed. Smile from the heart, and in tune yourself with the Cosmos. While in a chi kung state of mind, ask God, the Buddha, Guan Yin Bodhisattva, the Cosmos or whatever name you call the Supreme for a clear answer to your questions.

Prepare your questions beforehand so that you will not be hesitant or forgetful when asking the questions. Do not have too many questions. Three or four will be a good choice. Make your questions as specific as possible so that you have no ambiguity of how to act on the answers.

Follow the answers to your questions even if they are not what you expect. Eventually, you will find they are the best answers.

Choose either the rational or the intuitive approach, and act on the decision. Leave all your worries or doubts behind and move on courageously whatever direction you have chosen according to your decision." - Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Working...
          X