Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interested in an Intensive Taijiquan Course for 2014?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in an Intensive Taijiquan Course for 2014?

Dear All,

The hallmarks of real Taijiquan:

Correct Form

Although her form was beautiful, she performed it wrongly, and she didn't know it.

Indeed, thousands of thousands of dedicated practitioners not just of Tai Chi but of other arts like various other styles of kungfu, karate, taekwondo, yoga and various forms of meditation, are victims of this predicament.

To have a better understanding of the situation, it is helpful to note the three points involved:

Their form is beautiful.
    Their form is wrong as it brings harmful results.
    They do not know this situation.
    Energy Flow and Health

I asked the Tai Chi practitioners to perform twice, the first time in their normal way and the second time in a chi kung state of mind, so that they could feel the difference. When they performed their Tai Chi movements in a chi kung state of mind, they could generate an energy flow. If they practice this everyday, they can overcome their health problems if they have any. In other words, instead of using other chi kung patterns to generate an energy flow, they use Tai Chi Chuan patterns. As long as they are in a chi kung state of mind when performing their movements, they can generate an energy flow.
    Internal Force

If they are already healthy, their energy flow will develop internal force for them. They don't have to worry how to convert the energy flow into internal force. When the energy flow has become vigorous, it will spontaneously develop internal force -- though those who know internal force training methods may be more cost-effective.
    Combat Efficiency

All the four arts {Taijiquan, Xingyiquan, Wuzuquan, Baguazhang} are extremely effective for combat. If all other things were equal, like equal internal force, equal knowledge or combat strategies and equal fighting experience, Taijiquan being the one with the largest number of combat techniques would be the most combat effective.
    Spiritual Development

Taijiquan is also the one amongst the four mentioned arts that gives the best benefits for spirituality. The supreme aim of Taijiquan is returning to the Tao, which in Western terms means returning to God the Holy Spirit. All Taijiquan training places much emphasis on spiritual aspects, like being calm and relaxed, and using mind instead of using strength. Benefits for spirituality range extensively from the basics of being peaceful and relaxed to the supreme attainment of merging with the undifferentiated Cosmos.

We are very fortunate to have Taijiquan taught in all dimensions as part of the school!
    • So, to cut to the chase; who would like to see Sifu conduct an Intensive Taijiquan Course next year?

Wishing you all a good flow of Chi
    Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
    Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
    Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
    - ancient wisdom

I really need to take some form of intensive course next year, either shaolinquan or taijiquan, so if this is my option...I would be in!!
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Aye
      Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

3 so far

Now to balance out the yang, we need some ladies

Off the top of my head we have Taijiquan training groups in the U.S., Latin America, Ireland, Spain and Germany; it would be interesting to know of the demand for an Intensive Course from within these groups; perhaps many already attended last years Intensive?

There are also I am sure Taijiquan stylists of other schools who read these pages. Perhaps you have picked up some injuries along the way of your training? Perhaps you want to test the chi, internal force and spiritual aspects for yourselves? All Shaolin Wahnam Intensive Courses are Satisfaction Guaranteed. "Internal force or your money back" - now that is an incredible offer!

Finally, there are the thousands around the world who at the moment only practice Chi Kung. I'll share something that TaiSihing Kai said to me in 2006;

"With kungfu, your Chi Kung practice will become much deeper"
        At that time I only practiced Chi Kung, and it was sufficient for me to achieve my goal of a return to health. But I wanted to deepen my practice, and I have to thank TaiSihing for that life-changing advice; the fact that I am now an Instructor, and can teach and heal others I put down to taking up his advice and starting kungfu training!
        The vitality from stances, the confidence from training and sparring, the transferrable skills; kungfu as an internal martial art enhances the Self-Actualisation aspect of Chi Kung.

Taijiquan IS kungfu; and it not only deepens our chi kung in these ways, it's flowing nature enhances our personal and professional life in a way that Shaolin may not.

Salutations,
        Sifu Andy Cusick

Shaolin Wahnam Thailand
        Shaolin Qigong

sigpic

Connect:
        Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

"a trained mind brings health and happiness"
        - ancient wisdom

Comment

Hi Andy,

Having just taken the Intensive Tai Chi course in Sabah, I can confirm that it is great! If the course fits my schedule next year, I would certainly consider taking it again; I would also encourage my lovely wife, Lara, to take it if her schedule allowed.

Don't miss this opportunity, folks!

Happily,

Charles
          Charles David Chalmers
          Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Vero and myself would join the course too

Best regards,
            Claude
            Love is wonderful, because anyone with love in his heart wants to see everyone in bliss, everyone healthy and everyone availing freedom. This is the state of a man who considers the world as his family. Such are the wise man, the great souls. (Shri Shantananda Saraswati)

Comment

Even though I participated in this years Intensive Taijiquan course, I'd love to do it again. 😊
              There's always so much to learn and deepen your skills.
              We'll see what next year brings!

Peace and blessings,

Nessa
              Nessa Kahila
              Shaolin Nordic Finland
              Instructor
              nessa@shaolin-nordic.com

www.shaolin-nordic.com

Comment

Dear Andy and Family,

I would love to experience and expand into a Taijiquan Intensive course in 2014. I would be very grateful for the opportunity to deepen my skills and further build upon Sigung's teachings from the 2012 Taijiquan Intensive course - plus I would savor the chance to practice these arts with my Shaolin brothers and sisters. I hope we have the biggest Taijiquan course yet in 2014!

With gratitude and respect,

-Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  • So, to cut to the chase; who would like to see Sifu conduct an Intensive Taijiquan Course next year?
                  Some fairly stunning announcements on Sigung's website Sisook Andy! Your wish has been granted...

Regarding the other treasures offered by Sigung next year I have only one word to say: WOW!

Comment

Incredible! Such a grand array of blessings - and that's only the first half of 2014 :-). Very grateful to see an Intensive Taijiquan Course set for next year; thank you, Sigung and Shaolin family.

With gratitude,

-R

Comment

Intensive Taijiquan Course in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Dear all,

Sifu, Sigung or Sitaigung will be organizing the Intensive Taijiquan Course
                      in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It is a 5-day course, from March 15 to 19 and
                      the course fee is Euro 1,500 per person.

More information of this course can be referred to
                      <http://shaolin.org/general/tjq-course.html>

Please write to me in case you would like to take part in this wonderful
                      course.

Thank you and Happy New Year!!

Best wishes,
                      Wei Foong
                      (Secretary, Shaolin Wahnam)
                      Sifu Wong's website : http://shaolin.org

Comment

Tickets booked
                        Engage and maintain joyful practice!

May all of you get the best benefits from what you do.

Anton Schmick
                        Shaolin Wahnam Germany Nord

shaolinwahnamchina.com
                        http://chikunghamburg.wordpress.com
                        http://shaolinwahnam-nord.de
                        http://kungfu-luebeck.de

Comment

Well the Intensive Taijiquan Course in Kuala Lumpur is done and dusted! Great course, great organisation, great fellow students, and of course the privilege and pleasure of benefiting from Sifu's vast knowledge and experience! :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X