No announcement yet.

Wudang Sword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious if Sifu will teach this secretive and devastating technique too.

By the way, I also think that Sifu composed the Wudang Sword set himself by crystallizing various sets and information from the classic books. I'm looking forward to his story to the set.

See you all very soon!

Best wishes,
    o\

Leo
    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
    Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
    Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Shaolin Wahnam Wien on facebook
    Shaolin Wahnam Wien on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Joan View Post
      Now we will wait and hear the full story at the Wudang Sword course! One more thing to look forward to
      Ahhhhhhhhh...I hate suspense!

Comment

Wow!

Seeing the weapon of masters in the hands of a genuine grandmaster was an extraordinary experience. Sifu handles the sword with ease and perfection.

During the course I understood why the Jian is called the weapon of masters.
        We all know the saying “The defence is in the legs.”.
        And as nearly every sword pattern includes also an attack, I found out that “Everything is in the legs” in sword practice.
        It takes great skill in footwork to apply the techniques properly and stay safe at the same time.

We finished the set in a record time of only one session!

On day 2 we focused on picture perfect form and flow, first pattern by pattern, then sequences and finally the whole set.

I was hoping for combat sequences with the sword and my wishes came true on day 3.

Sifu let us find out some counters ourselves and later improved on them.

The standardized sequences need a lot of practice but then they are beautiful to apply.

Especially sequence 2 has a great pushing hands character. Some patterns can be countered with the same pattern over and over again which is a great training procedure to increase sensitivity.

Sifu’s most important advices to fighting with the sword were:

“Never block, but deflect!” – the sword is too dainty to withstand severe attacks.
        “Stay away from the opponent’s weapon!“ – always keep a safe distance!
        “Always go with the flow of the attack!” – don’t hand your defeat!

While I was lucky to demonstrate attacks with various weapons on Sifu, which he easily neutralized, I did not have the opportunity to train the counters at the course, so I am very grateful that Fleur Sije took the time to record everything we learnt. I am looking forward to try the applications at home.

Fortunately my sword found his way home without any complications with the airlines. It looks great on my wall mount.

Sifu, thank you very much for the insight in the legendary Wudang sword. I hope there will be another weapons course in the near future.

Also big thanks to Joan Sije and to everyone else involved in the organization, especially to Dominic for asking Sifu if he would teach the set, and to everyone attending the courses and sharing the time together.

I hope we’ll find an occasion to train the sequences together one day.

Best wishes,
        o\

Leo
        Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
        Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
        Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
        Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Comment

“Never block, but deflect!” – the sword is too dainty to withstand severe attacks.
          “Stay away from the opponent’s weapon!“ – always keep a safe distance!
          “Always go with the flow of the attack!” – don’t hand your defeat!
          Thank you Brother!
          少林華南台灣 Shaolin Wahnam Taiwan

Facebook

"Then how could chi kung overcome diseases where the cause is unknown or when there is no cure? The question is actually incorrect. The expressions "the cause is unknown" and "there is no cure" are applicable only in the Western medical paradigm. The expressions no longer hold true in the chi kung paradigm. In the chi kung paradigm the cause is known, and there is a cure."

-Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

Comment

Sifu Leo- Wudang Sword

My Dear Family and Virtual Kwoon readers,

Sifu has posted Sifu Leo performing the Wudang Sword at this year's Valentine's.

http://shaolin.org/video-clips-9/wud...sword-set.html

Thank you Sifu and Thank you Leo

With deepest respect,
            Joan
            Books don't mean a lot unless you open them, Hearts are the same.......

Valentine's Smile from the Heart 2019 IRELAND - world renowned Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit.

-A FEAST OF SHAOLIN transmitted by Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit FEBRUARY 16TH -19TH 2019
            GENERATING ENERGY FLOW
            ONE FINGER SHOOTING ZEN
            THE INCREDIBLE 3 DAY INTENSIVE ZEN COURSE .

Sifujoan@gmail.com

Comment

Dear Leo
              That was a great post sharing your thoughts on the Wudang Sword course in Ireland. I couldn't agree with you more, but what about that "secretive and devastating technique" from your earlier post? A fine, if not a bit crude, example of continuous attack, not so subtle deflections but with excellent waist rotation and clear connection between the dantien and the sword.

It was great meeting and training with you in Ireland.
              Best wishes

Michael

Comment

Dear Michael,

It was great to meet you too! I hope we can meet again soon, maybe in Sabah...

Although Sifu shares a lot of secrets with us, I think the devastating technique is too secretive and does not correspond to the Shaolin philosophy of compassion. But using the strategy of “Rob while fire is burning” it could still be the perfect finishing technique if the opponent is already on the ground, like shown in the video.

Best wishes,

Leo
                Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
                Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
                Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
                Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Comment

I'm so grateful to be back home and be able to practice the Wudang Sword after the course. It is such a blessing.
                  Anthony S

Western USA

http://elitechikung.com/

Visit Anthony Spinicchia’s web site with information on qigong healing.

His book, The Wonders of Chi Kung:Unlocking Glowing Health and Vitality, 3rd Edition, can be found by clicking here

The e-book edition can be found at www.amazon.com kindle store

Comment

I had a nice experience while training the Wudang sword yesterday.

As the patterns flow more smoothly every day, the flowing force and by that also the speed increase.

But somehow I made a sloppy move and accidentally hit my left eye brow with the sword. (Fortunately I don’t train with a sharp one yet. )

I just smiled, went on as nothing had happened and completed the set. My chi flow afterwards started vigorously, but soon became very gentle and I felt the chi massaging the blockage sustained from the hit. After the session there was no pain and no bruise left.

I am not only grateful for the beautiful set, but now even more for the incredible gift of Chi Flow that Sifu is passing on to us.

So, don’t be afraid of training with a weapon. Even if you hurt yourself, you’ll be fine afterwards!

Best wishes,
                    o\

Leo
                    Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
                    Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
                    Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
                    Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Leo Siheng.

I am actually thinking very hard of buying me a real sharp combat ready sword, forged by a well known family in China. But just to marvel at it, not for practise yet

I would like to comment on your dedication in your practise. You were extremely well prepared, I will for sure try to live up to that image for my next courses. Thanks alot for the inspiration!

Best regards,
                      Tim

Comment

Thanks for your kind words, Tim!

Never go to war unprepared!

As I told you in Ireland, if I had to choose between an expensive sword to marvel at and 2-3 courses with Sifu, I would not have to think twice. So, choose wisely!

o\

Leo
                        Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
                        Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
                        Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
                        Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Comment

Dear Siheng,

As I told you in Ireland, if I had to choose between an expensive sword to marvel at and 2-3 courses with Sifu, I would not have to think twice. So, choose wisely!
                          Since I'm back from the course, I basically lost all my interest in videogames. Playing videogames feels like such a waste of time now. I sold 3/4 of my collection. With that money I'm buying me my sword .

Something I talked about with Brendan; I have a very good feel surrounding my sword from the course. Almost like a great friend, even if this sounds very silly. It's amazing, I can feel a heart to heart connection

Best regards,
                          Tim

Comment

Dear Tim,

Thanks for making me laugh out loud!

That's also a wise way to rearrange your spendings!

I hope I did not ruin your joy in video games when I mentioned them in my graduation speech. From time to time it's still fun to play, but "playing" with the sword is even more fun...every day.

I'd love to see a pic of your Immortal sword!

o\

Leo
                            Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
                            Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
                            Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
                            Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Comment

Honestly, I didn't really make much money out of the games, but it's the thought behind it. And I'll be saving much money out not buying and collecting all those future games. And I really want that sword

I hope I did not ruin your joy in video games when I mentioned them in my graduation speech.
                              No offcourse not . I tried playing, and the only thing coming to mind is "I am not wasting my time on this". (With all due respect to people playing or collecting games as hobby). I still have a few games left, and there are a few I'm still getting when they come out this year. But still, I can foresee I'll be losing my interest in those aswell.

I hope I didn't make you laugh about the bond with the sword! I'm really serieus, the course was magical, and my practise sword has some great value for me.

I'll post some pics of my other sword when I get it

Best regards,
                              Tim

Comment

No, Tim! This made me laugh, because I find the conclusion is great:

Since I'm back from the course, I basically lost all my interest in videogames. Playing videogames feels like such a waste of time now. I sold 3/4 of my collection. With that money I'm buying me my sword .
                                It's also great that you feel the connection to the sword. The aim of weapon training is to become one with the weapon, so you're absolutely on the right track.

I have 3 Daos, 3 Jians and 2 Staffs. So I'd be the last one to judge someone for wanting to have a nice weapon.

I was just wondering about the high price. But everything is relative! If you value it, than it's defenitely worth the price.

Enjoy your sword!

o\

Leo
                                Sifu Leonard Lackinger

Wahnam Wien Logo

Shaolin Wahnam Wien
                                Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung
                                Southern Shaolin Kung Fu
                                Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan

Comment