Breaking down the Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking down the Form

This is a nice video explaining the application of some tai chi form, as well as some animal charachteristics.
    It is good to know that there are some other schools having a "healthy" approach toward martial arts like ours.
    However, I was unhappy when I saw some sanda training in other vidoes of this school. I wish they focus on the traditional forms rather than Sanda.

Mahmood
    The two hallmarks of Shaolin teachings: Wisdom and Compassion

Sifu Mahmood Ahmed

www.shaolin.org

Originally posted by Mahmood View Post
    This is a nice video explaining the application of some tai chi form, as well as some animal charachteristics.
    It is good to know that there are some other schools having a "healthy" approach toward martial arts like ours.
    However, I was unhappy when I saw some sanda training in other vidoes of this school. I wish they focus on the traditional forms rather than Sanda.

Mahmood
    I have no idea of how you train but based on your apparent summation as above, sanda is reality based training and is distinct from "traditional" training.
    To say a form is "traditional" is a loaded statement. Alot of schools claim they have a health approach to martial arts but is it real. Only the practitioner with the required mindset can answer honestly for himself.

Most people who claim they do traditional forms do so in the context of wushu and they often fall short. Traditional, in the absolute context, does not respond to rules but only in saving one's life and is brutal in that context. Sanda is more realistic but it has rules and regulations to protect both parties in an encounter for sport purposes.

Aesthetics of form beauty is just that and usually when groups of students do a 'traditional form' for public consumption, they all make the same move, the same time, the same precision, everything so in that context one never sees the individual variation of what they have absorbed over time.
    NOTE: Please do not take my view as being above or below anything. It is just a differing view and nothing more. People understand differenlly, train differently, assess stuff differently so in that context, to each according to his own capability and understanding.

Comment

Thanks for your input, but you said it yourself:
      Sanda is more realistic but it has rules and regulations to protect both parties in an encounter for sport purposes.
      What and how you practise, is what and how you will do in a real situation.

Thanks
      Mahmood
      The two hallmarks of Shaolin teachings: Wisdom and Compassion

Sifu Mahmood Ahmed

www.shaolin.org

Comment

Working...
      X