X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Bell

Dear Sir

My name is Eduardo from Spain,

I am interested to know about Golden Bell. If you don´t mind, I have a few questions written below:
    - What do I get after having the golden bell?
    - what is the difference between shirt iron and golden bell?.

Respectfuly,

Dear Eduardo,
    Welcome to the forums.
    You can find many discussions about Golden Bell and Iron Shirt here in diffirent threads.
    Just do a small research by typing key words like 'Golden Bell' and enjoy
    This thread can start you off:
    http://wongkiewkit.com/forum/showthr...ht=golden+bell
    The two hallmarks of Shaolin teachings: Wisdom and Compassion

Sifu Mahmood Ahmed

www.shaolin.org

Comment

Dear Eduardo,
      Golden Bell is a very advanced Shaolinart. A Golden Bell Master may take punches, kicks and more without any injuries. Nevertheless, even one may succed in his training he would not purposely show it. He would still avoid getting hit, for his own safety, as there are still weaknesses which can penetrate his Golden Bell.

The main difference between Iron shirt and Golden Bell are that the Art of Iron shirt is mainly external, whereas Golden Bell is internal. There are also different approaches to master the Arts
      "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
      Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Dear Eduardo,

More external:

Iron Shirt involves more external/hard training, like hitting oneself with mung beans, sand or gravel bags or sticks. Internal training (Qi cultivation) is also used as a base (or, at least, it should), but the overall training is more external. It gives quicker results, but the attainment is more limited than Golden Bell.

Different parts of the body are struck, like the arms, legs (especially the shins), upper torso and ribs, abdomen, back and head. But before starting the self-beating, it is important to practice relevant Qigong. Progress is gradual, and self-healing has an important place. Usually, this healing relies upon Dit Da medicine (self-massage with special wine); ideally, Qigong healing exercises are used. The Self Manifested Qi Flow art, or Zi FA Dong Gong, taught in our School can effectively be used to clear away injuries sustained during Iron Shirt training.

More internal:

On the other hand, Golden Bell involves high level Qigong where the practitionner builds a lot of Qi and makes it circulate; when the practitionner has reached a sufficent level, his/her Qi expands out of the body, covering it with an invisible golden bell. It takes more time to achieve, and it is a more 'subtle' art which requires qualified supervision.

The building of Qi relies on Zhan Zhuang (Static Postures). Meditation is used to make Qi circulate, ideally through the Small Universe or Big Universe. Practicing Golden Bridge (the Zhan Zhuang stance, do not confuse with Golden Bell) is a good start to build Qi; at a higher level, when a practitionner can hold the stance for 30mn or 1 hour everyday, he/she would have built enough force to cover the body, thus laying a strong foundation for Golden Bell.

An iron Shirt exponent can withstand external blows, i.e blows which don't involved Fa-Jing (no internal force transmission).
        A Golden Bell exponent can withstand internal blows, i.e blows which involve Fa-Jing (internal force transmission). Obviously, if the opponent has more internal force than the Golden Bell exponent, then this internal force will penetrate and injure him/her.

Hope that it helps,

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Golden Bell

Thanks for your answers.
          Other questions that I have:
          1ª) I believe that the Gold Bell does not protect the joints. It is certain that it does not protect the nose either? What other zones of the body are without protecting?
          2ª) I have read in one of your books that first stage of the training of the Gold Bell is based on "Elevating the water". Whichever phases have the Gold Bell altogether?
          3ª) During the training of the Gold Bell, I must control the production somehow of semen?
          4ª) In one of your books there am Vista the expression "Force of Dragoon" you can explain to me what is?
          Regards,
          Eduardo

Comment

Dear Eduardo,
            In the past the Golen Bell Training was a higly secretly kept training. The people would certainly not tell when training it. Eeven more the pople would certainly not tell openly where the weakness of the Bell is. They would be stupit to do so.

Nevertheless, I follow this tradition and I will not go into details. What is to be mentioned is mentioned allready and can be read in the books of Sifu Wong. Everything else is not meant to share. Not because I am egoistic, but more because I want to prevent people from hurt themselves with an inappropriate training. I strongly hope Wahnam students who have some knowledge about Golden Bell which is meant to kept in the family keep the secrets as well!!!
            There is already shared enough about this topic!

There are many ways to develope the Golden bell. One way is mentioned already. But there are much more other stages...

Greetings

Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

Originally posted by Luo Lang View Post
              Everything else is not meant to share. Not because I am egoistic, but more because I want to prevent people from hurt themselves with an inappropriate training.
              This is so true.

Unfortunately many people do not heed the warning. Their mind is so focussed on the power they can gain through the training, that they do not care about advices.

Years ago (when I was not a Wahnam student) I practiced Iron Shirt from an established Shaolin method; ironically, I had much more detailed information that what we have given here. I practiced accordingly, gradually and (I thought) correctly.

I followed instructions correctly, but without the supervision of a master.

After many months of daily training, I developped a sharp pain in my chest. My breathing was also getting shorter.

Although I had an established and fully detailed method, although I practiced gradually, although I was following instructions carefully (to the best of my ability), everything went wrong.

But I was not trying to be smarter than the masters. And I stopped my training.

Moral: advanced arts like Golden Bell must be practiced under the supervision of a qualified master, no matter what the student thinks.

If not, he/she is very likely to injure himself. Self learning can be dangerous.

For my part, I would add that the motivation behind the learning is also important.

There is already shared enough about this topic!
              Agreed.

Have a nice day everyone,

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Hi there,
                I would also like to note, that sometimes the Art comes to the student and not vice versa.

How will that happen? From you wei to wu wei.

Comment

Working...
                X