Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dec 2020 Personal Progress

Continuing from https://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/fo...sonal-progress

* What progress have you noticed since November?
    * Have your objectives changed or remained the same?
    * What are your goals for December (or the end of the year)?
    * What/how do you like to practice now?
    Last edited by George; 14 December 2020, 12:07 AM.
    George / Юра
    Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Inspired by the November thread, I set a goal for 48 days of Art of Flexibility and Art of 100 Kicks and added an extra practice session in the morning for this - currently 2 weeks in.

Already my kicks have improved - better balance and force (haven't practised them for a while) and I find it's a great way to circulate chi and heat up the body in these cold and damp English winter months.
    Last edited by George; 13 December 2020, 12:14 AM.
    George / Юра
    Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

A fun thread to continue, thank you for taking the initiative!

There's been a slight change in the material I've practiced, mostly of shifting priorities. Lately been spending more time on One Finger Shooting Zen in my session compared to Golden Bridge and staff thrust training. I've noticed a sort of transformation and consolidation and even a bit of radiation of force happening across my body, especially in the tendons of my arms, and an easier time of focusing force at the index finger from the training. My evening sessions did shift a little bit, with more time spent on application (typically of individual techniques to refine them, rather than full combat sequences).

The material that I am training right now is similar to the previous month, with an emphasis on:
      1. Lifting the Sky
      2. Golden Bridge
      3. One Finger Shooting Zen
      4. Art of Flexibility
      5. Staff Thrust training
      6. Cosmos Palm application of specific patterns and sequences, with and without Bamboo Man
      I realized that practicing towards Small Universe was a bit much for me, so I held off on that for the last few weeks. Looking forward to eventually getting back to that regularly.

In addition to continuing to work towards goals from the previous month, I would like to develop a more focused and powerful Tiger Claw. In my One Finger Shooting Zen practice, despite Tiger Claw appearing so many times, it's always been a bit of a red-headed stepchild compared to the other hand-forms trained. I'll probably have to come up with a better way of testing the force developed other than just hitting or gripping myself

It still boggles my mind that the roots of so-called lost skills (even just being able to apply kung fu for fighting) as well as advanced arts (such as the various 72 Arts of Shaolin) are taught right at the beginning of our training. We're ridiculously lucky.
      I like making silly videos (including kung fu ones!) every so often on YouTube and taking pictures of weird things on Instagram.

Comment

Thanks George Siheng for starting this thread,

My training is more or less the same as in November. I keep it quite simple:

- Cosmic Shower on Sundays Evenings. I have been practicing it every Sunday since March. I felt an extraordinary shift at all levels due to its practice.
        - Chi Kung in the evenings. Usually from the 18 Lohan Hands. Vigorous Chi Flow.
        - 3 times per week The Art of Flexibilty (usually mornings). I found it so useful. It is so easy to forget about practicing flexibility! But I have learned my lesson there and I try to keep it as regular as possible. It complements so well with force training.
        - 2 to 3 times per week One Finger Shooting Zen (mornings).
        - Tai Chi Chuan Sequences 2-3 times per week (mornings).
        - Grasping Sparrow's Tail 2-3 times per week (mornings).

Looking forward to reading your daily routines :-)

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

I know it's almost the end of the month now, but I couldn't not post in a monthly progress thread (thanks, George!)

I'm happily training similarly to what I posted late in November. I am practicing more Sinew Metamorphosis than I expected, and also finding myself doing more Small/Big Universe for my force-training, rather than lots of One Finger Shooting Zen and Cloud Hands/Grasping Sparrow's Tail. My combat application practice is refining and becoming more focused. Rather than practicing entire sequences, I've mostly been practicing both sides of two or three applications into a sequence along with some variations. This is a fun way to blend applications from different sets, but I'm still mostly emphasizing Four Gates, the basic Shaolin sequences, and the basic Taijiquan sequences.

I am also doing a fair amount of the Wudang Three Harmony set and Baguazhang circle-walking/mother palms. The double kicks are improving, and I've settled into a nice routine of practicing them and their counters, so that I can do 100 kicks in roughly 5 minutes and 100 kick counters in another 5-ish minutes.
          Chris Didyk
          Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
          X