Thinking too much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking too much

I’ve been training now for just over a year and I have recently been finding it really difficult.
    In class we would be given a drill to do and I would get really frustrated with myself when I couldn’t do it. I was telling myself that I should be able to do this, it’s so simple. Things would just go around in my head like this in a sort of vicious circle.
    It’s taken me a while to spot this and realise that if I could actually do the drill then why would I need to be at the class to learn in the first place?
    I also think about what im doing too much.
    I’ve noticed when this starts to happen and I think “Ah! I’m thinking too much” but I get caught up with this and have difficulty in letting go.
    Is this a common thing people run into with their own training?
    Chris Heley
    Shaolin Wahnam Scotland

Sounds familiar

Hello Chris,

What you describe is something I can certainly relate to and you describe it very well. I am certain many others reading it will identify with it as well.

Be gentle with your mind. I still have to gently place mine back on track when it begins to stray. Keep practicing and be patient with yourself. Take a few deep breaths, relax and continue. Remember that ours is a training of mind, body and spirit.

kind regards

Marcus

Namo Amitabha Buddha Namo Amitabha Buddha Namo Amitabha Buddha

Comment

Working...
    X