Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Southern Kung Fu Articles

hello to all friends form Wahnam family,

i do not want to make a new thread every time i have an interesting article to share with you, so i have made this one and will post it here. i hope you will enjoy the articles (and pardon the bad English, as me and other contributors are not native English speakers)

all the best in your training!
    Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

translation of an old text - The Story of Hung Ga Grandmaster Lau Jaam, Part 1

Grandmaster Lau Jama was one of the best students of Grandmaster Lam Saiwing. his son Lau Kar-Leung is a famous martial arts movies director

enjoy!
    Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Dear Sifu Pavel,

Your articles are always appreciated! Thanks! Looking forward to part II.

Comment

Dear Brother,

Thank you for posting the story, and don't worry about your translation, it is excellent.

Over dinner in Olso during the Wintercamp we were talking with Sigung about the old times and stories of the past masters, it seems that nowadays so much is on offer that the appreciation and value of the arts is not the same as it was.

This is an excellent story that perhaps will help remind some of the sacrifices and hardship some of the past masters endured. I look forward to the next instalment.

Really look forward to catching up with you soon.

Kind regards

Tim
        Tim Franklin

http://www.theguardianlions.co.uk
        A story of finding Courage and Wisdom

www.zenarts.co.uk Classes and Courses for Shaolin Kung Fu, Taijiquan and Qigong in Bognor Regis, Chichester, West Sussex

Fully Alive on Facebook Energy Flow for Health and Happiness

UK Summer Camp Qigong, Taijiquan, Shaolin Kung Fu, Spiritual Cultivation with Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit

sigpic

Comment

hello to Sifu and Wahnam family,

as promised, s scan of an old article written by Sifu - The Four Basic Offensive Movements in Kung Fu

Chinese martial arts are often called Kyun Seut (lit. "Art of the Fists"), and translated as "Chinese Boxing". However, Chinese martial arts arsenal is much broader - we strike not only with our fists, but palms, claws, elbows as well, use various kicks, sweeps, throws and locks. Let s not forget the use of various weapons - long and short, single and double, blunt and bladed, "hard" and soft. As for the bare-handed fighting, the classical Chinese phrase goes: Tek - Da - Seut - Na, ie. Kicking, Striking, Wrestling and Holding. Below is a nice article about these 4 basic attacks of Chinese Kung-Fu, written by Wong Kiew Kit Sifu of Shaolin Wahnam Kung Fu.

enjoy!
          Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Thank you, Sifu Pavel. I learned a new application of Taming a Tiger with a String of Beads from that (the final gripping picture)
            Chris Didyk
            Shaolin Wahnam USA

Thank You.

Comment

hello, i am glad you like it. sidenote - might be as well "Black Tiger Guards Door" ;-) see http://www.shaolin.org/video-clips-5...ication01.html
              Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

"This is not Wing Chun!"... or is it? :-)

"Original", "traditional", "orthodox"... Those are the words how (traditional) Chinese martial arts are often described. What does it mean? Same as hundreds years ago? Dated? The word "traditional" comes for a latin word tradere, "to hand over", "hand down", from the Master to the apprentice, from one generation to the other - not only the techniques and sets, but concepts, principles and training methodology, often unique to a specific system or family. Does it mean that the students be the exact copy of their teachers? I remember my sihing giving me once a very wise advice: "Hey, look, Sifu is not teaching you to move like him, but to move like YOU".

enjoy!
                Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Sifu Pavel, as usual a very interesting and beneficial reading.

Best regards and hope to meet you soon in person somewhere in Europe. It would be nice to have a healthy, friendly exchange. If you agree I would love to PM you soon.

Best regards,

Roland
                  "From formless to form, from form to formless"

26.08.17-28.08.17: Qi Gong Festival with 6 courses in Bern:
                  Qiflow-Triple Stretch Method-12 Sinewmetamorphisis-Bone Marrow Cleansing-Zen Mind in Qi Gong

Comment

hello Roland, yes, i am looking forward!
                    Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Pavel for these articles. I was just wondering if you have the original Chinese articles in addition to these translations.
                      百德以孝为先
                      Persevere in correct practice

Comment

hello Zhang Wuji,

yes, i also have Chinese originals of some of the articles. my knowledge of Chinese is limited, so the translation was done by other persons and friend of mine. i have loads of interesting stuff in my archives which waits for the translation. maybe we will also publish the original texts as well in the future for the Chinese native speakers and more educated students.
                        Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

The Story of Hung Ga Grandmaster Lau Jaam, Part 2

enjoy!
                          Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Rare Kung-Fu Weapons: The Tobacco Water Pipe

Chan Tat Fut sifu of Choy Lay Fut Kung-Fu, presenting some fighting applications with the Chinese tobacco water pipe. Chan sifu is well known to many of us Hong Kong visitors - almost everybody has visited his famous Kung-Fu weapons shop in Sham Shui Po.

enjoy!
                            Pavel Macek Sifu

Practical Hung Kyun 實用洪拳

sigpic

Comment

Wow that one takes the cake! Thank you for posting Sifu Pavel!
                              I would love to see the bowl and chopsticks set, that would really help around dinnertime with my family

Comment

Working...
                              X