traditional kungfu uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traditional kungfu uniforms

Hi, I know that for the most part only instructors wear them in this institute, but I was wondering, how many of you own them, even if you don't wear them in practice? And where do you buy them from?

Most of the places that I have looked often have ones that don't look to be of good quality. So if you know of any good online retailers, or UK based stores that would be great!
    Rory

"The holistic training of Shaolin Kungfu with Chi Kung makes one physically fit, emotionally stable and mentally fresh: if one is not physically fit, one can hardly fight; if one is not emotionally stable, one cannot apply one's combat skills; if one is not mentally fresh, one cannot make split-second decisions."
    Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit (Sigung) - The Art of Shaolin Kungfu

Well that all depends on which unifors you're talking about.

If you mean the traditonal black with white cuffs i have it but never wear it.I also have a all black one that i never wear.

Why?

Because those traditional uniforms are really hot!!!

Now if you mean uniforms like this i wear them to tournaments.

jeff
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    sigpic

Comment

Oh i forgot to mention where.

Here's the link to the website.

Superior Martial Arts

jeff
      Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
      sigpic

Comment

those are some nice uniforms I like the Crouching Tiger flowing robe one as well.

Really? I never stopped to think about heat! I was actually thinking of getting a cotton one from goodorient.com as they make several types from different fabrics.

Thanks for the link though!
        Rory

"The holistic training of Shaolin Kungfu with Chi Kung makes one physically fit, emotionally stable and mentally fresh: if one is not physically fit, one can hardly fight; if one is not emotionally stable, one cannot apply one's combat skills; if one is not mentally fresh, one cannot make split-second decisions."

Comment

Yeah,

I like the Wu Dang robes also.

But as far as training.The t shirt and kung fu or sweat pants work for me.

jeff
          Last edited by hakfudisciple; 18 July 2003, 12:34 AM.
          Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
          sigpic

Comment

yeah, I picked up a new tracksuit while I was in FL last week. So I'll be wearing tracksuit bottoms and t-shirts when I start training.

At home I pretty much just wear whatever comfortable I have on.
            Rory

Comment

Working...
            X