Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Views on taking the COVID vaccines

Hi,

I haven't seen any other posts about whether our family members are comfortable taking the various COVID vaccines that are available. What are people's views on these given the general protection against illnesses that our Qi Gong practice affords us?
    Kind regards,
    David

Hi David,

It’s not that we haven’t had a threads on this, it’s that they were deleted do to inability to maintain a civil discussion and generally descending into raving anti-vax conspiracy theories.

I personally made the pragmatic choice that not being vaccinated will severely curtail my ability to travel and compete. I am confident that my Chi Kung practice is more than capable of cleaning up any negative effects of taking the vaccine.

Best wishes,
    Last edited by George; 16 November 2021, 01:10 PM.
    George / Юра
    Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

I think getting the vaccine is an easy, easy choice from a chi kung perspective.

Chi kung, and good chi flow, is said to improve luck. But I still wear a seat belt when I drive my car. Why not do both chi kung and get the vaccine to promote your own health? And if me getting the vaccine could provide benefit to those around me, that's even better!

If the vaccine doesn't work, or has negative side-effects?... I do chi kung!! I should be good.

George hit on another excellent point - it was very clear, very early, that being vaccinated would open up travel/jobs/social situations/etc.

-Matt

Comment

In my opinion , protection against Covid-19 specifically and against illnesses in general :

Covid-19 vaccine is good and optional .

Healthy lifestyle is better .

Practising high level genuine chi kung is best .

Spiritual cultivation for Ultimate Health ( ie Enlightenment ) is marvelous .

Personally done and/or doing all of the above
        Damian Kissey
        Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
        www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Great posts, brothers! I also took the approach "Safety First" and had the vaccination in the knowledge that my practice would avoid any negative effects. This is enjoying the benefits of our practice in yet another manifestation
          Sifu Andrew Barnett
          Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
          Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
          Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

I as well took the safety first approach and had my vaccination with the full confidence that my daily chi kung practice is more than sufficient to offset any negative effects. Besides, as mentioned by my family here, vaccination opens up more opportunities, such as for travel.

With Shaolin Salute,
            Lee Wei Joo
            http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

Personally, I would prefer not to take ANY medicine unless I believed I really need it, and in this case, I do not hold this belief. Happy for others to hold different views.

I believe I have already had COVID back in Feb 2020 and it was no more than the onset of a bad cold/flu, corrected by qigong practice and a day in bed. If I were to contract COVID in the future I am sure my immune system and energy flow will mitigate any possible effects.

Of course, not everyone practices high-level qigong, so for some people the decision is more significant.

I do strongly disagree with vaccinating children, whose risk is extremely minimal in most cases, and I am curious about the way some governments have reacted, implementing mandates and restrictions.

These are just my views as you asked the question brother, live and let live, let people choose what they want and what they feel is right for them.
              With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                Personally, I would prefer not to take ANY medicine unless I believed I really need it, and in this case, I do not hold this belief. Happy for others to hold different views.

I believe I have already had COVID back in Feb 2020 and it was no more than the onset of a bad cold/flu, corrected by qigong practice and a day in bed. If I were to contract COVID in the future I am sure my immune system and energy flow will mitigate any possible effects.

Of course, not everyone practices high-level qigong, so for some people the decision is more significant.

I do strongly disagree with vaccinating children, whose risk is extremely minimal in most cases, and I am curious about the way some governments have reacted, implementing mandates and restrictions.

These are just my views as you asked the question brother, live and let live, let people choose what they want and what they feel is right for them.

I agree with all of this, therefore have not had a vaccine.

I also had a similar experience to you when having COVID, and know of a few people who have had very bad side effects from the AZ vaccine in the UK.

Comment

My positions require me to be vaccinated, and I was quite comfortable doing so, and not concerned about any side effects. If I were in a position to NOT take the vaccines, I might not have taken them. But that was not an option for me, nor my family.

I am grateful that there are vaccines, and their efficacy against diseases is well-proven.

But as Damien Siheng has rightly pointed out, our Zen Chi Kungfu is best of all.
                  Charles David Chalmers
                  Brunei Darussalam

Comment

At the minute I am getting more enjoyment and benefits from my chi kung and kung fu training than ever. However, one benefit I have never achieved thus far, is the ability to be protected from colds. I still get them and have gotten them from time to time every year of my life both before and after beginning chi kung / kung fu training. I've read that colds are caused by adenoviruses, rhinoviruses and 4 types of coronavirus. Something like 15% I think are caused by coronaviruses. So it's safe to assume I am not protected from coronaviruses, even mild ones, let alone this more dangerous version. That's one reason to get the vaccine. For those who find they no longer get colds due to their chi kung and kung fu training I could see how they might make a different decision, or at least not include that factor in their thinking.

Do not read the above as any kind of moan, doubt or complaint - I would not swap the benefits I HAVE received for the ability not to catch the cold. Though of course I would like to add that ability, just as I have some money in my bank account... I would not swap it for a smaller amount... but I would be happy to add the smaller amount to it!

Apart from that, for adults there are risks from vaccines but there are colossally greater risks from covid 19, so it's a simple choice. As others have said above, anyone confident their chi kung can protect them from covid 19 should be much more confident it will protect them from vaccine risks, and anyone scared of vaccine risks should be very very scared of covid 19 risks.

Comment

I am fully vaccinated and boosted with Moderna, after seeing the horrific results of this virus sweep across the world I was eager to be vaccinated. As like DB above, I still catch colds and such every so often, no use taking the risk! I may have even had covid once already back in Jan 2020, and I was nearly bedridden for two weeks and had a cough for months after.

So many very healthy people my own age and even younger are suffering long term complications from covid19. Blood clots, strokes, lung damage, intubation, long term brain fog, and a plethora of other nastiness. Every reputable doctor I have seen speak on the subject are begging people to be vaccinated before the entire medical system breaks down from the stress of it all.
                      Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

I have not taken any of the vaccines available where I am and in the current moment have no intention of taking any. Everyone needs to do what they are comfortable with and I understand many countries got hit hard. I am in Australia and we escaped the first few variants and i am grateful for that.

I am happy the vaccines are available and everyone should have a choice, however, unfortunately this is not a universal view. I personally am not comfortable with taking potentially endless amounts of injections while clinical trials are in progress and accept the risks that may follow and the exclusion from society as a result. If a vaccine is developed that unequivocally stops transmission I may consider it. Currently what is on offer in Australia is far from that with the current variant running rampant.

The risk is mine and I accept it. Happy to put Chi Kung to the test and take whatever karmic burden I may create.

This may or may not be 'safety first' depending on your personal experience.

Comment

Working...
                        X