Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing Energy From a Space and Dispelling Negative/Lost Beings

Hi Everyone,

Here is my guide to date for how I clear negative energy from a room/house/area. Some of the prayers/mantras overlap for clearing energy and dispelling either negative beings or beings that need guidance. Generally speaking, this list is written in order of "weakest" to "strongest." I will usually start with a weaker option as it's usually shorter, and then work my way up until I feel the energy or being is gone.

Please note, I've only included the mantras that are suitable for anyone to use. Some are not generally shared publicly, so those have been left out.

As always, these prayers/mantras should always be used for good and with pure intention. They should never be used with the intention to bring harm to others. Especially when praying to forms of the divine, purity of heart is essential. It’s generally best to avoid reciting the prayers/mantras if you’ve recently had alcohol.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Burn sage and let the smoke fill the space.

2. Play recorded music that involves prayers/mantras.

3. Play recorded recitations of prayers/mantras, such as a recording of Imee Ooi or monks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4. Om Mani Padme Hum - Mantra of Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva.

Reciting this can clear away negative energy from a space and also generates a protective aura around the practitioner. Ex. Recite the mantra three times and then gently say or think, "May the divine energy of Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva cleanse the energy of this space." If you sense the presence of a lost spirit, you can tell the being to pray to Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva for help to let go of its suffering. You can also pray to Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva and say/think, “Oh divine Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva, if there are beings in this space that are suffering, please guide them to peace.”

5. Om Vajrasattva Hum - Mantra of Vajrasattva Bodhisattva

Reciting this can clear away negative energy from a space and also generates a protective aura around the practitioner. Ex. Recite the mantra three times and then gently say or think, "May the divine energy of Vajrasattva Bodhisattva cleanse the energy of this space." If you sense the presence of a negative being, you can pray to Vajrasattva Bodhisattva and say/think, “Oh divine Vajrasattva Bodhisattva, please drive away any negative beings in this space.”

6. Namo Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva - Mantra of Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva

Reciting this can clear away negative energy from a space and also generates a protective aura around the practitioner. Ex. Recite the mantra three times and then gently say or think, "May the divine energy of Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva cleanse the energy of this space." If you sense the presence of a lost or negative being, you can pray to Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva and say/think, “Oh divine Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva, please drive away any negative beings in this space” or “if there are beings in this space that are suffering, please guide them to peace.”

7. Om Dum Durgayei Namaha - Mantra of Durga Maa (One form of the Divine Mother)

Durga Maa is generally regarded is a fierce, protective form of the Divine Mother. Ex. Recite the mantra three times and then gently say or think, "May the divine energy of Durga Maa cleanse the energy of this space” or “clear away the negative energy in this space.” If you sense the presence of a negative being, you can pray to Durga Maa and say/think, “Oh divine Durga Maa, please drive away any negative beings in this space.”

8. Tadyatha Om Anale Vishade Vira Vajra Dhare Banda Bandhani Vajrapani Phat! Hum Trum Phat! Svaha - Shurungama Mantra

A strong mantra for driving away negative beings. Ex. Recite the mantra three times and then gently say or think, "May the divine energy of the Buddhas and Bodhisattvas cleanse the energy of this space” or “clear away the negative energy in this space.” If you sense the presence of a negative being, “May the divine Buddhas and Bodhisattvas drive away any negative beings in this space.”

9. Namo Amitabha Buddha - Mantra of Amitabha Buddha

As per the recommendation of Sigung, if you sense a lost being you can say, “If there are any beings here that are lost or suffering, you can have peace. There is a place called Sukhavati - the Western Paradise, land of Amitabha Buddha. There is no suffering there, only peace and joy. You can go there. First, you must want to go there. Second, you must genuinely recite "Namo Amitabha Buddha, Namo Amitabha Buddha, Namo Amitabha Buddha…”

Simply reciting this mantra is also very powerful. Chanting it around the house brings a very special energy.

10. Om Bhur Bhuva Svaha Tat Savitur Varenyam Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayat - Gayantri Mantra

Highly revered mantra said to be a great aid in one’s spiritual path. Chant it out loud in the space you wish to cleanse.

11. Jai Mata Di - General prayer to Divine Mother

12. Homage to the Divine - General prayer to God

**The Heavy Hitters** - Not typed out here - Not for the casual practitioner

13. Great Compassion Heart Dharani

The long mantra of Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva

14. Amitabha Sutra

Reciting the full Amitabha Sutra is very strong. If you’ve tried sending away a lost spirit but it’s clinging to its current state, this can help give it a bigger push.

15. Durga Kavach

A long prayer to Durga Maa, very effective in driving away more tenacious, negative beings and clearing away negative energy.

16. Shurangama Dharani

Very strong dharani that’s found in the Shurangama Sutra and definitely not for the casual practitioner. Recommended to read the history and significance of this long mantra before trying to recite it.

If I’ve exhausted my options and I still sense something in a space, usually it’s a lost being with heavy suffering that is struggling to let go. In that case, I talk to it, which usually involves some combination of the following content, not necessarily in this order:

“Let go of your anger. Let go of your sadness. Let go of your guilt. Let go of your fear. Let go of your suffering. When you let go of suffering, you feel peace and joy. Forgive the past. Forgive everyone. Forgive yourself. If you need help letting go, you can pray to Avalokiteshvara Bodhisattva using the mantra Om Mani Padme Hum. When you pray to God, God relieves you of your suffering, so pray to God and accept God’s blessings.”

Usually the being is stuck in one of the emotions and I’ll focus on helping it let go of that one. Once I feel it has let go enough, I’ll tell it again to go to Shukhavati.

Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

This is a very good list. I'm not a fan of sage, but Mayan Copal, Frankincense, Sandalwood, Palo Santo or Benzoin are really nice.

My current method for clearing a space of stuck or negative energy is to simply smile from the heart, and gently direct the divine cosmic energy to wash it away.

Comment

My current method for clearing a space of stuck or negative energy is to simply smile from the heart, and gently direct the divine cosmic energy to wash it away.
      That's a good option. In a similar way, for clearing away "higher level", more subtle energy, I will inwardly recite "Homage to the Divine" however many times feels right and then think, "May the divine energy of God cleanse this space." Just the prayer in itself has a strong cleansing effect.
      Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Lots of sage, smells so nice

Comment

I wonder is you played some trash metal would it help

Comment

Working...
          X