Which Came First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Came First?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Obviously if you answer correctly, you will be among the greatest sage philosophers ever.

Enjoy!

Yours,

Charles
    Charles David Chalmers
    Brunei Darussalam

They both came at the same time?
    With love and Shaolin salute /o

"Your purpose in life is to find your purpose & give your whole heart and soul to it." - Buddha

Gate gate pāragate pārasaṃgate bodhi svāhā.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles David View Post
      Which came first, the chicken or the egg?
      Omelette?

Comment

Zero?

With Shaolin Salute,
        Lee Wei Joo
        http://shaolinwahnammalaysia.com/

Comment

The cockerel of course !
          arnoldhglasow1-2x.jpg
          Nay , that's just cock & bull ,,,,i'll tell you the real answer on christmas day...in the meantime have patience
          Damian Kissey
          Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
          www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Glad to see people having fun with this.

I know I've spent more than a few moments puzzling over this classic.
            Charles David Chalmers
            Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Sifu Andrew Barnett
              Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
              Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
              Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

In the spirit of Christmas and as promised , i'd like to tell a story :

Zero coalesces into One which spirals into Two and subsequently transform into a thousand things with the cyclical potential of Many to return to One again and expand to Zero.

Once upon a time there was Nothing . Pure no-conscious Spirit . A Nameless Formless Timeless Boundless Void . It had no mother. It had no father. There was also no chicken nor egg .

Then something stirred in the formless Void : a nebulous One starts to form within the Void , a self conscious Spirit . The One was lonely : in order to have company , it split in Two . This way, each side could be conscious of the other half and could therefore keep one another company …..it is called the Cosmic Yin-Yang Egg .

After some time , the Two wanted to have fun . So the one nebulous Spiritual Yin-Yang Egg , divided into a multitude of discrete spirits or souls to play…..a cosmic dance if you like .

This continuous cosmic theatre , plays on a multidimensional stage : it has breadth and depth associated with a cyclical and spiral nature respectively. Many wonderful aspects of life were also created subsequent to this moment: Heaven & Earth , space , time , gravity, language, the senses and life & death.
                So broad , that it encompasses subatomic phenomena to beyond the spiraling arms of galaxies .
                So deep , that it has many levels: the pure spirit ( no-mind or Tao or Zen ) realm , the mind realm , the energy realm and the physical realm . Its level has it’s own natural cyclical laws . To be able to exist & function at various levels , each soul becomes encapsulated with a corresponding coat or body or suit ( akin to scuba suit to exist underwater and spacesuit for astronauts) as it spirals down into the increasingly coarser lower realms : hence a spirit acquires a mind-suite , an energy-field and a physical body . We are spiritual beings having a physical experience . Chickens also are spiritual beings having an earthly experience.

Each species of sentient beings ( eg bacteria , chicken , human , titan , star , etc. ) have a corresponding specific blueprint-suit or template-suit at each realm . When two sex-less soul descends from the spirit realm to incarnate in the physical realm called Earth as the first woman & man ( ie Adam & Eve ) , these 2 souls will have a three layered suit ( mind-energy-physical) .Whilst humans have sex to reproduce , other beings like bacteriae multiply through binary fission and yet other beings like some haemaphroditic snails ( ie have male and female sex organs ) do asexual reproduction . Similarly , when a group of souls incarnate as the first brood of chickens ( ie hens and cockerels ) on earth , they too will acquire a multi-layered plumage of sorts . Obviously , after mating , a hen will lay eggs , which will hatch into more chickens . If a wild chicken looking for worms near a Shaolin monastery , happens to receive the grace of a resident meditating Buddha , the fowl may reincarnate as a Zen monk with the potential to return to the realm of No-Mind .

From Nothing comes One , then Two then a Thousand things .
                From Nothing comes A supramundane Cosmic Egg , then chickens , then mundane eggs , then more chickens ( or omelletes ) , then …henceforth depending on The Law of Karma .From here, The One will be born again as a newer creation and begin the cyclical process all over again, a concept known as Reincarnation, or will achieve Enlightenment through the spiral nature of spiritual cultivation .

Such is the nature of things .

So back to the question : Which came first , the chicken or the egg ?

Hiranyagarbha egg.jpgegg.jpg
                Damian Kissey
                Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
                www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damian Kissey View Post
                  In the spirit of Christmas and as promised , i'd like to tell a story :

Zero coalesces into One which spirals into Two and subsequently transform into a thousand things with the cyclical potential of Many to return to One again and expand to Zero.

Once upon a time there was Nothing . Pure no-conscious Spirit . A Nameless Formless Timeless Boundless Void . It had no mother. It had no father. There was also no chicken nor egg...
                  Wonderful dear Siheng! Thank you. :-)

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Egg or the Chicken? Or omelletes?

If I walk into a supermarket and open a box with eggs, the egg came first. If I walk into a farm and see a Chicken lay an Egg, the Chicken came first.

If I go home and my beautiful Wife chooses to make an omellete the omellete came first and I'm enternally greatful to the Chicken, Egg and my Wife!

Dr Damian, just love the pictures!

Happy Days to all
                    /O
                    James
                    Last edited by James L; 26 December 2018, 11:47 PM.
                    Aaahhhhh!

Comment

Thanks, for your comments and insights everyone! Thanks especially to Damian Siheng for his Cosmic Egg Story.

With Shaolin Salute!

Charles
                      Charles David Chalmers
                      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Recently I read from Yogananda an answer that he gave when he was asked the following question: "Which came first: the tree or the seed?":

" The tree came first", the Master answered without hesitation, "as the idea of a deed precedes the deed itself. The tree was, in this way, a special creation. God, when He set the process in motion, gave the tree seeds that it might produce other trees like itself".

"Everything, at first," he added, "is an idea, a special creation".
                        With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Working...
                        X