• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Shaolin Wahnam Family,

Please find below another story that I love:

The Three Old Men

“No”, she said. “He’s out.”

“Then we cannot come in”, they replied. In the evening when her husband came home, she told him what had happened.

“Go tell them I am home and invite them in!” The woman went out and invited the men in. “We do not go into a House together,” they replied.

“Why is that?” she wanted to know. One of the old men explained: “His name is Wealth,” he said pointing to one of his friends, and said pointing to another one, “He is Success, and I am Love.” Then he added, “Now go in and discuss with your husband which one of us you want in your home.”

The woman went in and told her husband what was said. Her husband was overjoyed. “How nice!!”, he said. “Since that is the case, let us invite Wealth. Let him come and fill our home with wealth!”

His wife disagreed. “My dear, why don’t we invite Success?”

Their daughter-in-law was listening from the other corner of the house. She jumped in with her own suggestion: “Would it not be better to invite Love? Our home will then be filled with love!”

“Let us heed our daughter-in-law’s advice,” said the husband to his wife. “Go out and invite Love to be our guest.”

The woman went out and asked the 3 old men, “Which one of you is Love? Please come in and be our guest.” Love got up and started walking toward the house. The other 2 also got up and followed him. Surprised, the lady asked Wealth and Success: “I only invited Love, Why are you coming in?”

The old men replied together: “If you had invited Wealth or Success, the other two of us would’ve stayed out, but since you invited Love, wherever He goes, we go with him. Wherever there is Love, there is also Wealth and Success!”

Story Source
    The Three Old Men.jpg

Picture Source

With Love, Care and Shaolin Salute,

Santi

Comment

Please find below another story that I find inspiring:

Moving to a New City

There was a person coming to a new village, relocating, and he was wondering if he would like it there, so he went to the zen master and asked: do you think I will like it in this village? Are the people nice?

The master asked back: How were the people on the town where you come from? “They were nasty and greedy, they were angry and lived for cheating and stealing,” said the newcomer.

Those are exactly the type of people we have in this village, said the master.

Story Source
      Moving to a New City.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another story that I love:

The Pig and The Sheep

One day a shepherd discovered a fat Pig in the meadow where his Sheep were pastured. He very quickly captured the porker, which squealed at the top of its voice the moment the Shepherd laid his hands on it. You would have thought, to hear the loud squealing, that the Pig was being cruelly hurt. But in spite of its squeals and struggles to escape, the Shepherd tucked his prize under his arm and started off to the butcher in the marketplace.

The Sheep in the pasture were much astonished and amused at the Pig’s behavior and followed the Shepherd and his charge to the pasture gate.

“What makes you squeal like that?” asked one of the Sheep. “The Shepherd often catches and carries off one of us. But we should feel very much ashamed to make such a terrible fuss about it like you do.”

“That is all very well,” replied the Pig, with a squeal and a frantic kick. “When he catches you he is only after your wool. But he wants my bacon! gree-ee-ee!”

Moral: It is easy to be brave when there is no danger. Don’t compare two different situations without understanding them.

Story Source
        The Pig and The Sheep.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another story that I personally love:

A Beautiful Solution

A father was engrossed in his work while his little daughter constantly distracted him in an attempt for him to make him play with her. To keep her busy, the man tore a page of a printed map of the world from a magazine into pieces and asked her to go to her room and put them together to make the map again. The daughter was very young and he was pretty sure that she would take hours to get it done.

The father was surprised when he saw his little one coming out of the room with a smile and the perfect map within a few minutes. The stunned man asked his daughter how she could solve the puzzle so quickly.

“Daddy, there is a woman’s face on the other side of the paper, When I made the face perfect, I got the map right.” , replied the young girl.

Moral: There is always the other side of whatever we experience in this world. Whenever we come across a challenge or a puzzling situation, we can always look at the other side. It is often surprising to see different approaches to tackle the problem.

Story Source
          A Beautiful Solution.png

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

Please find below another story that I personally love:

The Three Strands of Hair

Once a woman woke up in the morning only to realize that she had only three strands of hair left on her head. “ Well”, she said, “ I think I’ll braid my hair today.” She braided her hair and she had a wonderful day.

When she got up the next day and looked in the mirror she noticed she had just two strands of hair on her head. She said, “ I think I'll part my hair down the middle today”. She parted her hair in the middle and she had a great day.

The next day she woke up, looked in the mirror and noticed that she had only one hair on her head. “Well,” she said, “Today I’m going to wear my hair in a ponytail.” So she did, and she had a fun day.

The next day she woke up and noticed that there wasn’t a single hair on her head. “Yippie!” she exclaimed. “I don’t have to fix my hair today!”

Story Source
            The Three Strands of Hair.jpg

Picture Source

Santi

Comment

• That's a great story, Santi! Thanks for sharing.

Charles David Chalmers
              Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Working...
              X