Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hello Everyone,

My name is Shawn. I live in Lawton, OK (US) and I am a student of Sifu Anthony Korahais. I've been practicing Shaolin Cosmos qigong for a little over a month, but I have been a practicing mystic since I left seminary in 2001. I left because I could no longer stand the intellectualization and academic approach that seemed to relish being devoid of life!

It has been a tumultuous journey to get here to the very beginning of qigong and I'm very glad I stuck it out. It must be true that when the student is ready the teacher appears.

From browsing the posts it doesn't look like there are many other Christian mystics on the forum. I look forward to meeting others (Sifus and fellow students alike) and finally being able to have discussions with people who know there is ever so much more out there than what our basic senses are aware of. Please feel free to ask me questions or write me if you would like to discuss something. I look forward to hearing from you all!

Best,
    Shawn

-Let there always be grain on the mountain-
    Last edited by Andrew; 10 November 2009, 06:08 AM. Reason: User request

Welcome aboard, Shawn. Would you care to share a little basic information on "Christian Mysticism" (in a separate thread, please)? I, for one, would be most interested.
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Ditto

Comment

I agree. I'm interested to know what Christian Mysticism is.
        "Take a moment to feel how wonderful it feels just to be alive."
        - Sifu

Comment

I'd be happy to.

I'd be happy to post about mysticism.

Best,
          Shawn
          Last edited by SeanC; 28 April 2009, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, Shawn
            Jeffrey Segal

Comment

Welcome

Hello Shawn, A big welcome from me too .

Comment

Article on Mysticism

Thanks for such a warm welcome to the forum! I posted the thread about Mysticism in the Other Spiritual Systems section.

Best,
                Shawn

Comment

Welcome to the forum Shawn. Have you read "The Yoga of Christ" by Paramhansa Yogananda? This is an amazing book about the similarities of Christs teaching and the Wisdom of Yoga.

Comment

Book Suggestion and Film

Sifu Jonny,

I have not heard of the book. I know very little about yoga --basic postures and charka theory. It sounds like an interesting read though. I'll check it out.

btw, are you much of a cinema fan? I'm afraid the only Scottish films I've seen are Ratcatcher by Lynne Ramsay and Rob Roy(1995). I enjoyed them both very much with Ratcatcher being one of my favorites of all time. That last scene when they leave the ending open like that brought me to tears. Could you recommend any other contemporary Scottish films?

Best,
                    Shawn

Comment

Welcome Shawn,

Enjoy your practice!

Yours,

Charles
                      Charles David Chalmers
                      Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Welcome

Hey Shawn,
                        Welcome to the forum. I look forward to some good discussions.

Mark
                        Sifu Mark Appleford

sigpic

Comment

Brief Bio Note...

Hello all,

I feel like I should also mention that I have been professionally training deep trance hypnosis (medical/psychiatric not stage show...) for two years prior. I have been doing this with the goal of building a bridge and really getting to 'know' my subconscious so that I can utilize it in my life and learn how to change things from the inside out (treating the cause, not the symptom).

It took me about three years of study before that before I felt comfortable with pursuing the professional training material. I feel like it has been a great boost to my Cosmos practice, as the Qigong State of Mind is very much a trance as it is defined by the doctors I've studied.

Best,
                          Shawn
                          Last edited by SeanC; 30 April 2009, 03:19 PM. Reason: grammatical

Comment

Hi Shawn

It is a really nice book, the author sums up the teachings of Jesus as "be still and know that I am God", which to me is one of the most concise teachings on Meditation I have read.

Im not hugely into Scottish films although "Braveheart" is always a classic!

Best regards

Comment

Psychology Question

Hello all,

I wanted to mention I am very interested in psychology issues. I've done some grad. research in the area, I was wondering if any of the Wahnam family members are in a psychological field as a profession?

Specifically, I was wondering if anyone has worked with Attachment Disorder spectrum problems in young people?

It seems that Cosmos Qigong could save many years of pointless / ineffective therapy by being able to usher in the corrective emotional experiences needed for successful treatment.

Furthermore, with Qigong, it seems one would use the same method irrespective of subject history.

If anyone in the field is interested in chatting with, please feel free to PM me or respond.

All the best,
                              SeanC

Comment

Working...
                              X