Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warming/Cooling foods

Hello everyone,

I am keen to learn more about the Chinese Medical perspective of the warming and cooling properties of foods. Has anyone any good advice to share? Or maybe good suggestions where I can learn more?

Any wisdom would be very much appreciated!

All the best,

Kevin

I tend to get a lot of stomach heat, so hot drinks easily make me sweat and acid reflux is not unfamiliar. Rather than morning tea with breakfast I drink cold juice, (I know! Shocking from a TCM perspective!) I just recently started eating cucumber every other day or so and it seems to be a really refreshing and cooling food. Miguel recommended it to me saying that Taisipak Kai recommended it to him. So far I do indeed feel a positive effect and a gradual shift.
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

A well known author of books on Tcm, Peter Deadman, recommends two books by Daverick Leggett in a book of his.

The two titles are :

"Helping Ourselves : A Guide to Traditional Chinese Food Energetics" and

"Recipes for Self-Healing"

I only own the recipe book and can attest to the high quality of its content.

Best regards from Germany,
      Steffen
      May all beings be happy

Thank you.

Comment

..POLARITY DIET ( similar concepts to Ayurvedic and TCM systems ) : Warming ( Fire Element ) and Cooling ( Water Element ) Foods from the creator of Polarity Therapy ( Dr Randolph Stone )

This link http://www.digitaldrstone.org/v1b3p105.shtml gives the conceptual framework : Dr Stone is a great synthesizer of eastern and western wisdoms , a great physician & energy healer who emphasise on 1 st hand experience and practicalities as vs theorising
        Damian Kissey
        Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
        www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

..Dr Stone was disciple of TaiSigung from old meditation school i attended years ago prior to SW
          Damian Kissey

Comment

This book was highly recommended to me ten years ago and it has become my first point of reference when it comes to any question about diet and nutrition:

HEALING WTH WHOLE FOODS
            ASIAN TRADITIONS AND MODERN NUTRITION
            By PAUL PITCHFORD

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...aul-pitchford/
            Kind regards,
            David

Comment

Thank you all very much for your suggestions and recommendations which I will follow up on. They are very much appreciated.

Lots to digest!

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_B View Post

Lots to digest!
                Don't digest too much paper

Comment

....however , pepper is good for indigestion
                  Damian Kissey