Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warming/Cooling foods

Hello everyone,

I am keen to learn more about the Chinese Medical perspective of the warming and cooling properties of foods. Has anyone any good advice to share? Or maybe good suggestions where I can learn more?

Any wisdom would be very much appreciated!

All the best,

Kevin

I tend to get a lot of stomach heat, so hot drinks easily make me sweat and acid reflux is not unfamiliar. Rather than morning tea with breakfast I drink cold juice, (I know! Shocking from a TCM perspective!) I just recently started eating cucumber every other day or so and it seems to be a really refreshing and cooling food. Miguel recommended it to me saying that Taisipak Kai recommended it to him. So far I do indeed feel a positive effect and a gradual shift.
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

A well known author of books on Tcm, Peter Deadman, recommends two books by Daverick Leggett in a book of his.

The two titles are :

"Helping Ourselves : A Guide to Traditional Chinese Food Energetics" and

"Recipes for Self-Healing"

I only own the recipe book and can attest to the high quality of its content.

Best regards from Germany,
      Steffen
      May all beings be happy

Thank you.

Comment

..POLARITY DIET ( similar concepts to Ayurvedic and TCM systems ) : Warming ( Fire Element ) and Cooling ( Water Element ) Foods from the creator of Polarity Therapy ( Dr Randolph Stone )

This link http://www.digitaldrstone.org/v1b3p105.shtml gives the conceptual framework : Dr Stone is a great synthesizer of eastern and western wisdoms , a great physician & energy healer who emphasise on 1 st hand experience and practicalities as vs theorising
        Damian Kissey
        Shaolin Wahnam Sabah , Malaysia .
        www.shaolinwahnamsabah.com

Comment

..Dr Stone was disciple of TaiSigung from old meditation school i attended years ago prior to SW
          Damian Kissey

Comment

This book was highly recommended to me ten years ago and it has become my first point of reference when it comes to any question about diet and nutrition:

HEALING WTH WHOLE FOODS
            ASIAN TRADITIONS AND MODERN NUTRITION
            By PAUL PITCHFORD

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...aul-pitchford/
            Kind regards,
            David

Comment

Thank you all very much for your suggestions and recommendations which I will follow up on. They are very much appreciated.

Lots to digest!

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin_B View Post

Lots to digest!
                Don't digest too much paper

Comment

....however , pepper is good for indigestion
                  Damian Kissey

Comment

Originally posted by RDBoucher View Post
                    This book was highly recommended to me ten years ago and it has become my first point of reference when it comes to any question about diet and nutrition:

HEALING WTH WHOLE FOODS
                    ASIAN TRADITIONS AND MODERN NUTRITION
                    By PAUL PITCHFORD

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...aul-pitchford/
                    Many thanks again David for the suggestion. It became my first post lockdown book purchase yesterday!

First impression: its big. Its really big. Over 700 pages big in fact and a trove of wisdom and insight into many facets of diet and nutrition. Much learning in the weeks ahead.

All the best,

Kevin

Comment

Ayurvedic perspective : a video lecture by Dr Vasant Lad on "Food Is Consciousness" ..https://www.ayurveda.com/videostream/
                      Damian Kissey

Comment

Wrong diet is in modern time a big problem. So it is good to have good knowledge about the five element concept of food to keep you strong and healthy.
                        I personally keep it simple for my own:
                        seasonal and regional then you always right what to choose.

Of course if you have some health problem then you should have a deeper understanding of Five Element Kitchen to help yourself.

Hua Tou one the greatest Chinese Healer said:

If you get sick first change your diet.
                        If it didn´t work change for herbs or acupuncture.
                        May all beings be happy

Kai
                        www.Anicca-Praxis.de

Comment

Reading this thread has made me think I should have taken notice of this a long time ago. Certainly alot of cleansing i have experienced is related to my stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaijet View Post
                            Wrong diet is in modern time a big problem....

If you get sick first change your diet...[/I]
                            Right Siheng ...over 50% of my patients have diet related illness , after not getting well despite treatment with strong western medicines , their treating doctors send them to me for scans and Xrays in the hope of finding the cause of the persisting mysterious illness ...many of them get well after i advise them to change their diet ...even though i'm a radiologist , i have to step in and give advise on diet , while scanning my patients !

The fact is : western trained doctors did not receive enough training on Diet & Exercise & Psychology-Stress management in medical school , so they dont know enough to teach their patients.
                            The solution is : to improve the medical school teaching syllabus on Diet & Nutrition ( to include latest medical science and also knowledge from TCM , Ayurvedic medicine etc ) . Also health ministry of each country should on daily basis use traditional mass media & modern ICT-social media to the maximum to promote public education on basic balanced-healthy diet .

The 2 main challenges for the above solutions are : the pride of doctors & medical organsiations-universities ( must have humility to admit there is room for improvement ) and the powerful lobby groups ( profit 1 st , health 2 nd ) .
                            Damian Kissey

Comment

Working...
                            X