Women in Daoismus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women in Daoismus

I just ordered two books about this topic - maybe some of my sisters are interested?!

Immortal Sisters: Secret Teachings of Taoist Women Second Edition: Secret Teachings of Taoist Women (by Thomas F. Cleary)

Women in Daoism (by Catherine Despeux & Livia Kohn)
    sigpic Simple Direct Effective

Dear Sihing,

I can't believe my blessings as I am actually doing a university gradudation paper on Women in Daoism so I would like to thank you a lot for suggesting those books

Am going to order them as well.

With respect,

Casper
    “Greatness lies not in never falling, but in rising after every fall"

Comment

Thank you for suggesting the two books Irina. I had bookmarked the Cleary for a while . Time to order and read it .

Caspar will you share your graduation paper with us once it is completed ?

A book I was recommended for a better understanding of Women in Chinese culture is: Wang Robin, Images of Women in Chinese Thought and Culture (2003), Hackett Publishing Co, Indianapolis. It contains translations and comments of some historical texts on women in ancient Chinese culture (across all philosophical backgrounds, up to the Song dynasty). I haven't managed to read it yet though and can't tell you more.

Andrea
      Enjoy some Wahnam Tai Chi Chuan & Qi Gong!

Evening Classes in Zürich
      Weekend Classes in other Swiss locations

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Taichichuan.Wahnam.ch

Comment

Originally posted by Andrea View Post
        Caspar will you share your graduation paper with us once it is completed ?
        Dear Andrea Sijie,

The paper is first due in late spring, but am already starting doing the research, but will share it with you all once it is finished and graded (all dependping on the grade )

Thank you very much for the suggestions I will look into that

With respect,

Casper
        “Greatness lies not in never falling, but in rising after every fall"

Comment

Working...
        X