Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herb Books

Hello! How are you!

I found what it could be the best Herbs books in marked!

I belive the number ! or the very best are this one:

The Healing Power of Herbs : The Enlightened Person's Guide to the Wonders of Medicinal Plants
    by Michael T. Nd Murray

And number 2 or other one can be this one

Secrets of the Chinese Herbalists
    by Richard Lucas

Any Comments!?

Well I put little information about herbs here to now when I'm warm on the subject! hehe

One of the most important herbs are:

Cayenne: for prime emergency for quickly arresting strokes and hearts attacks
    Ginger and Hawthorn: heart problems

Echinacea: immune system enhance

Gingo Biloba: cerebral circulatory enhance
    Milk Thisltle: liver protective
    Ginseng and peppermint: digestive tonic
    St Johns Wort: anti depressive
    Turmeric: cancer preventive

Answers is the place to go to get the answers you need and to ask the questions you want

Regards and may the power of earth be whit you ~ Hugo

Herb Books

Hello!

See also:

Shaolin Secret Formulas for the Treatment of External Injury (Paperback)
    by Monk De Qian

Master Hua's Classic of the Central Viscera: A Translation of the Zhong Zang Jing
    by Tuo Hua

Chinese Herbal Medicine Formulas & Strategies by Dan Bensky, Randall Barolet

A Tooth from the Tiger's Mouth : How to Treat Your Injuries with Powerful Healing Secrets of the Great Chinese Warrior by Tom Bisio

Bye!
    Last edited by HugoDarien; 9 June 2006, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Hello my friend Hugo, how are you?

You posted quite a few good books here. Thank you.

Hmmm... you know... Chinese herbs requires many years of dedicated study before one can incorporate them successfully into his/her own practice.

And self-medication is certainly not to be suggested. So if you're interested, maybe you can search for a TCM school near your home?

Kind regards,

Maxime

ps: you are really a true Internet researcher!
      Last edited by Maxime; 9 June 2006, 06:10 PM.

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Hugo,

Bensky's book is very thorough in the mechanics of prepared medicines, the scientific background and corresponding compounds that said herbs contains.
        If I can find it I will post the text I used for class some years ago!

Comment

Herb Books

You guys are may really good friends ( herb friends too hehe )

Well there are good advice here!

I'm going to see what do I can do! But I feel that in the end I just practice Kung Fu as Chi Kung and medicine! hehe

Any way I'm on the way of preparing a own herb mix ill be back latter!

Guys Guys have a nice day may your own unique mystery be stronger!

Adios!

Comment

Herb Books

Originally posted by Maxime
            And self-medication is certainly not to be suggested. Kind regards,Maximeps: you are really a true Internet researcher!
            Thank you so much!

I wonder if you recomend some Herb Book to people that dont know Chinese Medicine? If yes wich one? I just wonder! Maybe is better to not buy a book?

Thanks and regards

/Hugo

Comment

Self-Prescription

Hey Brother Hugo,

I've studied very rudimentary herbalism and have a best friend who is a qualified herbalist.

I can't stress strongly enough the importance of others words posted here in saying 'please do not self-prescribe'.

There are over the counter things you can buy like Echinacea which are good for boostig the immune system, particularly the BioForce brand, now changing its name to A. Vogel (for perfectly legitimate reasons). FYI Prescribed wisdom says this is not to be taken every day as your body will adjust to it, so only take it if you feel the symptoms of cold or flu coming on, and then make sure you take it for the full 4-5 days, and only take what the label advises, no more!

However, if you're practising ChiKung, do you really need it so much?!

As for anything else, honestly, books are very interesting for information, but you should absoloutely not self-prescribe. If you have a problem you wish to seek herbal treatment for, see a qualified professional, be it TCM or western herbalism.

Claire

For information only, if you are looking for a good western Herbal (book about medicinal herbs), the best you can really get is Culpepper's Herbal. There's an edition out that covers not only his original findings but the modern uses for the same herbs. I'll dig my copy out and post the details here soon
              Last edited by Claire; 20 July 2006, 10:21 AM.
              "It's no secret that a friend is someone who lets you help". from the song The Fly by U2

Comment

Culpepper's Herbal

Hi there Hugo!

I rummaged around and found my copy of Culpepper's Herbal as described, and here's a link to it on amazon.co.uk (amazon.com stated they were out of stock I'm afraid)

Just to reiterate, this is for information purposes only, to actually prepare anything listed in there you really do need to be trained professionally, but it's definitely and interesting read.

If you're interested in day to day household remedies for small ailments, there's plenty of info out there on the web.

Personally I tend to keep the following around the house and some at work as part of my first aid kit: honey, cider vinegar, regular tea, distilled witchazel, aloevera gel (99.9% concentration), Echinacea tincture I also have essential oils of lavendar and of tea tree, but again, I have been taught how to use these safely. If you want any specific information on these, I'll be happy to tell you what I can.

Claire
                "It's no secret that a friend is someone who lets you help". from the song The Fly by U2

Comment

Herb Books

Thanks and Good Day Syster Claire!

Now i prefer not to buy a book of herbs, just because I am not a herb qualified professional!
                  And because I found information on books here on the library! Even when I don't find your suggested book Claire!
                  Well I up to now just drink, most in winter, my favorites herbs: Anise and Boldo! Do you know if I can mix or blend Anise and Boldo so I can drink my favorites Herbs in one cup?

And do you know if it is better to drink herb tea whit distilled water?

I found interesting Herb Posters here:http://www.allposters.com/

I sure going to buy some one in the future!
                  So long! To you all My friends! May you dream sweet and whit good dreams, may be drinking chamomile! he he
                  Last edited by HugoDarien; 21 July 2006, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hey Hugo,

I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your quesions about your herb teas, they're not something I looked into, I dealt more in things to be applied externally to be honest

Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Claire
                    x

Comment

Herb Books

Originally posted by Claire
                      Sorry I couldn't be more help!
                      Hi!

I understand, that´s ok ! Hear more from you latter!

Bye!

/Hugo

Comment

Working...
                      X