Asking for help/advice on what steps to take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello dear brothers and sisters,

I come to thank some of you for your advice, apologize for some of my messages and tell you a bit of my improvement!

Basically I was hospitalized during the time when I wrote some of my last messages here, which might explain my disorientation and not following advice.

I have phases of delusion which I used not to notice and think it was a product of my meditation. That explains some of the nice things I said on the forum then followed by bad news.

The other day I came back to myself and decided to stick to advice before my condition deteriorated and became more serious.

I now practice only Lifting the Sky once a day at what I would call a low level. I only do 15 repetitions and then standing meditation.

The results are obvious and immediate after each session. They are reduction in negative thoughts, mood improvement, loss of nervousness, more coherent thinking, reduction of other symptoms I find hard to describe now but proper to schizophrenia.

So a big thank you to all of you for your help.

​​​​​​With a warm salute,
    Alo so

Comment

Hello everyone!

Following my last message, I couldn't help but add a noticeable change in my day to day life!
      I became more and more aware of the correlation between pains and sensations in my body and negative thoughts or ideas. Before that, it was so blurry that I could not distinguish if my body or emotions were hurting.

Anyway, I truly thank everyone for their kindness, apologize if I ever was rude, including in my messages and wanted to show love and appreciation for my brothers and sisters.

I am full of confidence now!

Comment

Dear Alonso,

Good to hear from you! Well done for persevering to keep working on yourself - it is not something to be underestimated.

Best wishes,
        George / Юра
        Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Dear George, words cannot express the gratitude I have for the love and compassion that you have shown me. Thank you.

Things have been going well, although I am coming back from a difficult phase.

If it doesn't go against anyone, I would like to ask two questions.

One is about over-training. I noticed yesterday that I overtrained. One sign of this was my chi flow which became very vigorous. I did as I had read some years ago and started to tense on purpose. It was effective for my mind which seemed to have "accelerated". I kept clenching my fists a few times after practice.

To spend some of that energy, I did some core workouts I found on YouTube at my pace and level, without tensing or doing anything extra on purpose.
          I did two yoga inspired workouts but at the physical level. They didn't require any meditation (I won't risk mixing) and I believe that it was more of a workout than a yoga routine. Still, I ask to be safe.

My other question is also about physical exercise, as for a number of reasons I might have the option to join a gym. Something that I have been encouraged to do, including by my psychiatrist who wants me exercising (he knows about chi Kung).
          Wouldn't it be counter-productive to my practice?
          I recall being advised to practice some sport when too agitated a few pages ago, but I prefer to ask and be sure.

I ask all this because my low level practice was perfect, but when I overtrained I didn't notice any "pleasant" benefit. I even wonder if I should practice today.

All the best to everyone. Much love.

Comment

Hello Alonso.

When the Chi Flow is vigorous, it doesn't mean you are automatically overtraining.
            Here a few links about overtraining.
            https://www.shaolin.org/general/over-training.html
            https://www.shaolin.org/general-3/over-training02.html
            https://www.shaolin.org/discussion-2/leo03.html
            https://www.shaolin.org/general-3/over-training.html

As far as I know you have schizophrenia. I too was diagnosed with with schizophrenia, but in my chase it is hebephrenic schizophrenia. It is like schizophrenia but without hallucinations. I mostly have drive disorder now, which means I lack motivation a lot of times.
            Sometimes I couldn't differentiate if the problems where due to the illness or due to overtraining or due to a mix of it. For example there where fears of shooting energy at people. Sometimes after building exercise these fears where stronger. That's why I mostly avoided building exercises and focused on 18 Lohan Hands and 18 Jewels. I hardly have that fears now.

What helped me a lot was Cosmic Shower, but i do not recommend it for you. My Sifu said he thinks I have or I have had karmic blockages and that I should practice Cosmic Shower once a week.

Two things that also helped me recently are to throw out not only worry, but also doubt and fear, and asking Guan Yin what hinders me. Due to the help from Guan Yin I now have a plan how to come out of the bad things. But the most important thing is still daily chi flow.

The western psychiatric doctor I am visiting recommend me going for a walk daily for a few kilometers. Mostly because I gained 25 kilogram because of the medication. But now I am practicing Drawing the Moon. It is the second week now and I already lost 2 kilograms and sometimes I am less hungry.
            I had problems with going for a long walk because after that I had less mental clarity and my mind was restless.

I hope that all that helps you finding an answer for yourself and you can avoid worry and other bad emotions.

If you have any doubt or questions, I think the best is asking your Sifu. Having a Sifu is something great.

All the best
            Bernhard
            "No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho
            "Goodness begets goodness." - Sigung
            A single light can eliminate the darkness of millenia.

Comment

Dear Bernhard,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Your experience resonates with me.

Regarding overt raining, I believe that I might have done more than 30 percent level on my last 5 repetitions. Not only the chi flow, but the overall experience was clearly different.

Regarding asking Sifu, his last advice was in 2018 and was also practicing Lifting the Sky for 10-15 repetitions as I do, also following Sifu Andrew whom I used to follow as well.

My psychiatrist wants me exercising and walking too, so I can relate with much of what you say. In my case, it is to build healthy habits and battle depressive moods or symptoms. He knows about my chi Kung practice and has even encouraged it in the past.

​​​​​Much love,
              Alonso

Comment

Dear Alonso

I think the 30 percent rule is there because it is easy as a Shaolin Wahnam Student to overtrain and in courses with Sigung you gain lots of benefits. Compared to Sigungs courses regional or in Malaysia ( I have never been to Malaysia so far) you should not only practice less, I think you have to practice less intense. But If you practice at 40 or 50 percentage and you are not overtraining then it is still good. If I understood it correctly it is only harmful when there is too much energy then the body can cope with. But it is good to think about it. But don't intellectualize too much about it.

I too had depressive moods and I still have to work on self-worth and be more social. That's why I want to practice Separating Water after I have lost weight. But i decide after I have reached my current goal.

Lifting the Sky is a great exercise. Healing usually takes place step by step. You will be rewarded greatly in the future.

All the best
                Bernhard
                "No matter what you do, you must be clear in your conscience." - Sitaigung Ho
                "Goodness begets goodness." - Sigung
                A single light can eliminate the darkness of millenia.

Comment

Dear Bernhard,

Thank you for your kind reply.
                  Yes, I know. Also, one tends to overtrain at courses.

I practice at a low level and stick to Lifting the Sky because of the advice given here which I now follow closely.

My questions related to sports were related to lifestyle changes I might need to make.
                  Regarding overtraining, I think I'll be fine.

Thank you!

Comment

Dear Alonso,

You were correct to slow down your chi flow for now. Tensing the muscles is one way but it’s a bit “hard”. A better way, if you can, is to have a gentle thought of the dantien and tell yourself to slow down.

It is very good to do some physical exercise - most people don’t do nearly enough for what our body is designed. Do enough that it feels good but does not leave you feel exhausted. Walking is good especially if you have some nice nature space to do it in. Observing the sensation in the feet as you step is also a good way to break the flow of runaway thoughts.

I also agree with your doctor about the benefit of establishing a healthy habit - that way you always have at least one thing a day you can praise yourself for doing, which is important.

Best wishes,

George
                    George / Юра
                    Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Thank you, dear George.

Then I'll have to train if I want to acquire some good physical shape, haha.

Comment

Working...
                      X