• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neuromantica View Post

David Langford:
    Is that so?

Joy can open your heart.
    And I think it gives you some energy.

But is it really the way to overcome suffering? Or is it just 'a positive emotion'?

Maybe we can start another thread about this topic.
    It is relevant to this topic.

Chi Kung helped me find Joy in the simplest things in life, I enjoy life a lot more now than ever before as a result. One example is when I was helping my best friend and his wife move: They were both miserable the whole time (they have a lot of stuff.) Meanwhile I was enjoying the entire process without any suffering, the difference between us was joy.

Chi Kung helps us enjoy life so it is definitely not a waste of time.

These kind of threads are great because they encourage introspection into our motivations for training.
    Shaolin Wahnam USA

"Every morning you are born again. What you do today is the most important thing".

Comment

Though I am not nearly as dedicated a practitioner as I should be, I can attest that Qigong absolutely works for my purposes and thus is not a waste of time. EVEN for someone like me . Just this week, I threw my back out quite terribly and was in so much pain that I couldn't even stand straight, let alone walk. Lifting the Sky and a gentle, 2-minute qiflow fixed that issue. What, according to everybody I know (and the internet) should've taken me a couple of days to recover, was gone after less than 48 hours. I use Qigong as a 100% remedy against all physical pain I experience, among other things, and it has never let me down. I have quite a few more stories, but I figured I should go with the most recent one .

Warm wishes from Switzerland,
      Fabienne

Comment

A waste of time? Its a time saver. With mental clarity all the tasks can be planned fast and in structured way, and even if events changes, free, flowing mind helps to adapt to new situation. With extra energy every plan can be done with zest, and smile on the face - even a difficult one.

Comment

If you want to learn how to hunt or become an engineer but you practice chi kung instead, your time is wasted for that purpose. But since our Chi Kung is cost effective (10min a day only) and brings results which speed up achieving results you desire, you could consider practicing Chi Kung as an option to achieve your aims quicker / deeper / better / etc despite not beeing interested in the immediate benefits of Chi Kung.

If Chi Kung helps you to attain or keep what you are looking for or value, then it is not a waste of time. Most people want to be healthy. Chi Kung provides good health, if practiced. So these people would not find Chi Kung a waste of time. If they do still, it could be that they do not value the outcome versus the invest they have to take (practice 10 min a day).

If all things were equal and you have two types of Chi Kung where one is more efficient than the other, then of course you can save time by practicing the more efficient type.

Comment

Originally posted by Neuromantica View Post
            Joy can open your heart. And I think it gives you some energy. But is it really the way to overcome suffering? Or is it just 'a positive emotion'?

Maybe we can start another thread about this topic.
            If you start it over in the "Buddhism" section, I'll give you an answer.
            Last edited by George; 22 August 2018, 10:36 AM.
            George / Юра
            Shaolin Wahnam England

gate gate pāragate pārasaṁgate bodhi svāhā

Comment

Originally posted by Charles David View Post
              I has the correct answer, and also the wrong answer, but I'm curious about how others will respond to this very interesting statement/question. Please do start a new thread
              Originally posted by George View Post
              If you start it over in the "Buddhism" section, I'll give you an answer.
              Alright George. Will do.
              Yup, better late than never, right Charles? So finally now here it is.

You can find it here: : )
              https://www.wongkiewkit.com/forum/fo...ism/230086-joy 'Joy'

Comment

That which isn't real can't be wasted, and time is no exception.

Love, and do what you will.

- St. Augustine

Comment

Hi Anton,

Kudos to you on the clickbait. I don't think any of us would continue this virtual kwoon if we thought practicing was a waste of time. Too be fair, I used to have my moments of doubt about my practice. Those were usually at times when my practice had plateaued just before the next big breakthrough. Through the years, I've learned to trust the process.

Originally posted by Anton S. View Post
                  What if you are sick and weak? Is this a point where you should not practice? Or even practice less?
                  This is a good question. I think many of us have seen people who were weak start practicing very high-level qigong and have it be too much for them too soon, like putting a Ferrari engine into a 1982 Yugo. If someone is sick and weak, then yes, they absolutely should continue their practice, but at a much lower level. Someone who is weak could build strength by lifting a 2kg weight, but I'm guessing trying to build strength by lifting 30 kg weights wouldn't be suitable for them.

I will adjust my practice if I am feeling worn down. I will lower my level or sometimes just do qiflow without any specific pattern. Then I can slowly come back up to my regular level as I am feeling better.

有志著事竟成

Shaolin Wahnam Twin Cities

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu and Qigong in Minnesota
                  https://www.shaolinwahnamtc.com/

Comment

Nice answer Molly I would like to see the Ferrari in the Yugo ha ha ha

Life is always changing and we just keep flowing with it

Comment

Working...
                    X