Wow, what a site, gratitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, what a site, gratitude

I found this site because I was doing a search on the internet (google) about something and one of the threads from this site came up. Thanks for accepting and registering me. I have been practicing chi kung for many years and might put in a thought or two here and there, but I hope to do it in the most respectful and postive manner. My training and practice is entirely soft. I have not trained in any combat.

I do have a couple comments to start things off. That is, the advice given to smile from the heart and relax is so important. When I was a beginner, one of my first teachers told me, don't make hard. It took months to understand what that teacher meant. In example, when stretching, do not fight yourself. Stretch and relax at the same time. This is the same principal that can be used in all the rest of the training. You don't have to fight yourself, just do. It sounds too basic and easy, but it's so important.

When one begins to be aware of the chi energy and even move it, it becomes supremely important to relax and allow your brain or consciousness move the energy. Notice how when you do the microcosmic orbit, your eyes could follow the energy around your body, at least mine did at the beginning. And then I noticed my jaw was clenched or tight as my tong stuck with such great force to the roof of my mouth.

All of this, is unnecessary and can get in the way from the pure joy of the energy that you can train your brain/consciousness to attract to and flow through your body.

I hope it's ok that I say something in general like this even though it might seem very basic or absurd. I don't want to say anything that might interfere with anyone's training style or path.

All the best,

Jim
    Last edited by ohmmmm; 15 October 2008, 05:01 AM.

Hello, Jim,

Welcome to the Forum.

Joko
    开心 好运气
    kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
    open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
    Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Hello Jim,

Welcome to Shaolin Wahnam's discussion forum .

Originally posted by ohmmmm View Post
      I do have a couple comments to start things off. That is, the advice given to smile from the heart and relax is so important. When I was a beginner, one of my first teachers told me, don't make hard. It took months to understand what that teacher meant. In example, when stretching, do not fight yourself. Stretch and relax at the same time. This is the same principal that can be used in all the rest of the training. You don't have to fight yourself, just do. It sounds too basic and easy, but it's so important. Jim
      I completely appreciate what you are saying. There can be all the rights words in the world going through your ears but it could never be equal to "direct personal experience", which is achieved by practicing diligently as you have been taught.

I hope your practice brings you much joy and happiness.

Best wishes and kindest regards

Martin

Comment

Jim,

Thank you for your kind words about our forum.

I hope that you will enjoy yourself here.

With Respect,

Charles
        Charles David Chalmers
        Brunei Darussalam

Comment

Thanks for your kind welcome and the knowledge and experience that you share.

As for your advice... Will Do.

You all inspire me

Comment

Welcome

Hi Ohmmmm,

Welcome to the forum. It is good to have you.

May I ask you what style of chi-kung you practice? How long have you been practicing? What have you gotten out of your practice?

All the Best,
            Alex
            "Take a moment to feel how wonderful it feels just to be alive."
            - Sifu

Comment

I've been practicing for about 8 years, I've studied with several teachers and they all happen to have a Korean lineage. I would have to say that none of the styles I've studied are complete.

Benefits I've received are difficult to describe in specifics. I would say that my practice has coincided with a spiritual or conciseness growth. I think it goes hand in hand, so to speak. Through this practice I've learned that my body, mind and emotions are not me but mine. I am therefore much more often the designer of my expedience. At the same time, I no longer react as much to outside dramas and negative thinking. Now don't take this wrong, I still do fall and have setbacks, but the overall quality of life's experience is so different than before and that of most other people.

There is much more to talk about in regards to benefits, but I'll have to leave that to my next post as it's time to run to work. I'll leave with this remark, I can now mostly keep my mind calm and feel love and gratitude in most cirmcustances. In especially stressful situations I can put my mind on my dan tien... There is so much...

Comment

Dear Jim,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Out of curiosity, would you mind if I ask about your chosen user name, 'ohmmmm'. When you chose it, was it related to "ohm" as known in electricity, or was it related to "that original sound" of mankind?

(When you spend a night alone in your room in a remote mountain area in a soundless night; in the wee hours in the morning, open the door or window slightly, and then you can hear the sound)

Regards,
                Joko
                Last edited by joko; 17 October 2008, 12:02 AM.
                开心 好运气
                kai xin... .......hao yunqi... - Sifu's speech, April 2005
                open heart... good chi flow... good luck ...
                Have we not opened up thy heart ...? (The Reading, 94:1)
                Be joyful, ..and share your joy with others -(Anand Krishna)

Comment

Yes, I picked the ohmmmm name as a reminder of the mantra of the universe. Actually, before my first chikung teacher showed up I chanted that mantra and then looked and found him. And that brings up another benefit about practicing chikung, your life becomes more syncronistic. Perhaps I am more aware of it or something extraordinary is occuring, but I'll just leave it at that.

Comment

This is a comment out of left field, but...Basically, there doesn't seem to be anything that your brain can't do with the chi energy. We are always looking for control and validation with our senses. Another aspect is that we can experience the love and gratitude and how it affects chi energy...hence the open the heart and smile phenomenon. Chi can be expanded and contracted, moved here and there, felt within and without. The energy can be stored in the three energy centers and held in the four external energy centers. It can be circulated, used to open and clear meridians/pathways and open gates. It can be shared with other people, animals and etc. Thee is also the energy and spiritual body.... So, where is the limitations of chi...well it's a huge curiosity to me... When I try to know how my brain does it, I am hampered, when I practice it, it appears... And, who am I? When there is a sense of the crisp nowness, love and a sense of my being/soul, energy is activated and I can barely contain it all. From the basic wave of the arm...shoulder to elbow to wrist and fingers and back again, there seems to be some gentle beauty and power in our organized flow of chi energy...and we naturally smile and feel great... It's wonderous...

Best wishes my fellow practitioners...find your bliss every step of the way...
                    Last edited by ohmmmm; 22 October 2008, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X