Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chi kung and cultivation

Hey guys

I came across a few sites warning of chi kung because of likely to have spirit possesion. Now i know most sites on well anything you cant take too seriously... but it's been dwelling in my mind.
    http://www.falundafa.org/book/eng/zfl_36.htm

And ive read in other places too.. about spirits trying to take your body if your intentions arent pure, e.g wanting to have supernatural powers so thats ur only reason for doing qigong, fame, fortune etc

I'm just wondering if this kind of stuff is ever mentioned in these teachings, about cultivation and/or spirits..
    It's just been edging my mind a bit,

thanks,

Mike

I've never heard of anyone being possessed by a spirit by practicing our Chi Kung. What others practice, of course, who knows. But I would guesstimate that it's more than just Chi Kung. Spiritual Cultivation is one of the highest achievements in our Arts. This does not mean another spirit comes into you, but you cleanse your own spirit to achieve mental clarity and, if you are ready, a glimpse (or more) of cosmic reality.

Andrew
    Sifu Andrew Barnett
    Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
    Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
    Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Mike,

There really is no need to post the same thing in two sections. I've now merged both threads here and deleted the double post. This way it's easier for you and others to find the information they're looking for.

Andre
      Sifu Andrew Barnett
      Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland - www.shaolin-wahnam.ch

Flowing Health GmbH www.flowing-health.ch (Facebook: www.facebook.com/sifuandrew)
      Healing Sessions with Sifu Andrew Barnett - in Switzerland and internationally
      Heilbehandlungen mit Sifu Andrew Barnett - in der Schweiz und International

Comment

Dear Brothers and Sisters,
        Possession by spirits, at least with Shaolin Cosmos chi kung, doesn't seem likely. I remember Sifu mentioning in one of his Q and As about how a person's energy field keeps spirits away.
        There are visualization practices to invite spirits within the body, found in Taoism and other systems. There might be some darker practices that can cause one to be involuntarily possessed but those sound more like black magic than chi kung to me.

Yours truly,

Ray
        "Om"

I pay homage to all the great masters of the past and the present

Comment

watch your yi

i have read up on falun gong. You don't get possesion from practicing chi kung. The book states that chi kung practioners with evil or sinful intent can be easily be influenced by other spirits or demons. Remember no one can have possesion over your soul just controling influence that you give into. Chi kung works to be build yi and spirit to be independant of all influence. Practice your chi kung with the intent to improve your self not to have empty force and all that other stuff. Be a good student!

Comment

Originally posted by jing bastard View Post
            You don't get possesion from practicing chi kung. The book states that chi kung practioners with evil or sinful intent can be easily be influenced by other spirits or demons:

Hi Family!

I have discussed this topic with Sifu Wong once. Our discussion was about a book published by a Chinese person that in a very polemic mannor discussed the "dark sides" of Chi Gong, its "evil spirits that possess your mind" and its "bad infuence on your life" while promising all fortunes at the beginning and making people addicted after a while. I briefly skimmed through the book (just out of curiousity) and I found it very badly written. Besides, there was no real arguments in this book. No empiric findings but only polemic and vitriolic accusations.

Sifu Wong told me that he believes that this kind of thinking is favourable in mainland China and this is why this book has acquired some popularity because if fits to a general attitude and spirit of the culture for the time being. As many spiritual things are regarded as not popular. Tai Chi, for instance, is only practised as pure physical excersise.

I for myself keep wondering how many beautiful and positive effects Chi Gong has upon my life! And I am very grateful that I have come accross these magnificent arts.

Happy Chi Flow everybody!
            .•´¯`•.¸¸.•´¯`°irene°´¯`•.¸¸. ´¯`•.

---------------------------------------
            “I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.”
            Hafiz

Comment

Working...
            X