X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Originally posted by HugoDarien View Post
    Hi! Sifu Dale Dugas !

Who is James P. Lacy? I wonder because nobody have talk about him!

bye
    Originally posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Hugo,

18 Daoist Palms is the creation of James Lacy, who has no skill other than being able to swindle people out of their hard earned money.....

Beware James Lacy, Thomas Keen and ANYONE who has an aflliation with 18 Daoist Palms. No skills.
    Thanks for the information Dale Dugas , now I know.

Good-bye!
    Last edited by HugoDarien; 25 August 2006, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Hello everyone.

Yes all of us here is to promote the positive side of martial arts, however, we also have the responsiblilties to tell the truth about those that are frauds and out to con the martial arts community. Thank you for your time.

Comment

18 Daoist Palms Qigong

Good afternoon!

Originally posted by Doo Wai View Post
        ..... Thank you for your time.
        Thanks for you time too Doo Wai - Grandmaster of Bak Fu Pai

Good-bye!

Comment

18 daoist palms chigong

I seen a list on the ironpalm site and was curious myself as to the 18 LOHANS as I do remember Mr or Professor Keen on that list. Does anyone know what the 18 lohans are supposed to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Fudog View Post
            I seen a list on the ironpalm site and was curious myself as to the 18 LOHANS as I do remember Mr or Professor Keen on that list. Does anyone know what the 18 lohans are supposed to be?
            The term 18 Lohans are pure creation of a person called James Patrick Lacy.

This person claims that he is 7th generation granmaster of Bak Fu Pai, but in fact he was never student of Grandmaster Doo Wai nor was a part of Bak Fu Pai Family. I can assure everybody who are interested that james Patrick Lacy can not perform a single Bak Fu Pai form.
            From Beirut, Lebanon
            Dr.Harout

Comment

The term 18 Lohans are pure creation of a person called James Patrick Lacy.
              Hmm? What do you mean Aramis63?

Lohan is the Chinese word for Arhat, which is a Sanskrit word referring to a highly developed spiritual person. The "18 Lohans" refer to 18 enlightened disciples of the Buddha. Here is Sifu's explanation:
              Originally posted by Sifu
              Amongst the Buddha’s countless disciples, including gods and dragon kings who existed in dimensions different from that of humans, 500 Arahans were of particular importance. After the Buddha had left this world as Sidhatha Guatama, these 500 Arahans gathered together in a grand council over many months to review the Buddha’s teachings word by word. These teachings were faithfully recited, and were recorded about four hundred years later as sutras, or suttas in Pali.

When Buddhism spread from India to China, 18 of the 500 Arahans were specially honoured. Their statues are often found in Buddhist temples today.

When the great Bodhidharma was at the Shaolin Temple in China in the year 527, he taught the Shaolin monks a set of chi kung exercises. To honour the 18 Lohans, these exercises were called "Eighteen Lohan Hands". “Hands” here in the Chinese language refer to techniques or patterns.
              Sifu Anthony Korahais
              www.FlowingZen.com
              (Click here to learn more about me.)

Comment

Shaolin Greetings!

Maybe some will find this link useful:

Kind regards,

Maxime

Maxime Citerne, Chinese Medicine, Qigong Healing & Internal Arts

Frankfurt - Paris - Alsace

France: www.institut-anicca.com

Germany: www.anicca-institute.com

Comment

Originally posted by Antonius View Post
                  Hmm? What do you mean Aramis63?

Lohan is the Chinese word for Arhat, which is a Sanskrit word referring to a highly developed spiritual person. The "18 Lohans" refer to 18 enlightened disciples of the Buddha. Here is Sifu's explanation:

Of course I have read a little about the 18 enlightened disciples of Buddha ...what I mean is that this Lacy said he will have sort of generals under him and called that 18 lohons...and that is already insult to the real 18 Lohans of Buddha.
                  From Beirut, Lebanon
                  Dr.Harout

Comment

The 18

I could not think of any reason why anyone would intentionally insult the god or gods, patterns and techniques related to the discussion. It could be viewed as a complete insult as well its a manifistation of improper lessons learned by another person or method.

What would happen should someone correct that persons training? Could it be done without arguement or end in agreement?

Comment

Originally posted by Light View Post
                      I could not think of any reason why anyone would intentionally insult the god or gods, patterns and techniques related to the discussion. It could be viewed as a complete insult as well its a manifistation of improper lessons learned by another person or method.

What would happen should someone correct that persons training? Could it be done without arguement or end in agreement?
                      James Patrick Lacy has never trained in Bak Fu Pai..he only stole some videos which were not meant for him and claimed himself as grandmaster...as he did with his kempo...he was honorary green belt in kempo and asked his teacher to give him some videotapes up tp black belt level...anyway...to make story short, he got them and after a month he claimed himself black belt in kempo

I can asure you, he can not perform a single Bak Fu Pai form, even the "iron palm" he is presenting is not the one that we learn at Bak Fu Pai.

No one will correct Jim Lacy's training because he was never a part of Bak Fu Pai and never was Grandmaster Doo Wai's student. Plus let him show to all of us, where he has learned "18 generals" thing?...we don't have such things in Bak Fu Pai.
                      From Beirut, Lebanon
                      Dr.Harout

Comment

What a sad thing that people present themselves this way. Sounds like a fraud, although here in America I wonder just how many more people like this teach these things without any documentation or actual degree. Hard to imagine that, but according to your account it is such. What a pity.

Comment

Working...
                        X