Opening third eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening third eye

Lie on your back and the pillow should make you comfortable. Put your hands on your sides with your palms facing up. Spread your legs naturally with you feet as wide as your shoulder and your toes toward to the sides so both feet make right angles with your legs. Look up first, then draw your eyes back to Shang Dantian - the point between your eyebrows. Look into the center of your head and then at your Yuzhen point on the back of your head for a moment. Bring your eyes to your Shang Dantian again and keep them there. Close your eyes, keep your teeth together lightly and place the tip of your tongue on your upper palate. Breathe in and out deeply, slowly, and smoothly. Imagine all the genuine chi from the heavens entering your Shang Dantian and moving into the center of your head as you breathe in. Then, imagine the chi from the center of your head being emitted out through your Shang Dantian to the far distance; to the end of the sky. Breathe in and out twenty-four times and then change to natural breathing while imagining all of the beautiful scenery in the sky. When you practice this form, you may receive information from the universe and your body may tend to move. Also, you may see something beautiful in the sky. Do not be alarmed if this should happen. This is a normal feeling and is good for your health. This form of the Sleeping Art can help you open your "third eye". It is effective against any health problems with the nervous system. It will make your mind calm, relax your body and release fatigue.

What do you guys think?

Better To Err On The Side Of Caution!

More typical of Taoist reclining methods would be to have the heels touching or the toes overlapped to create a 'closed' energy circuit in the lower extremities...thus preventing chi 'leakage' from the feet and toes...and with hands overlapping on the abdomen at the Lower Tan-Tien to create a 'closed' energy circuit in the upper extremities...thus preventing chi 'leakage' form the hands and fingers as well.

The visualization techniques you described are not unusual...and probably quite effective when properly used. However...generally speaking...all of the body's 'energy centers' or 'chakras' and all of the energy meridian lines of flow and their storage depot points will gradually and naturally open up in the course of consistent, ongoing practice of a legitimate Chi-Kung/Qi-Gong method or Yoga Pranayama method. Auxilliary exercises such as you described to 'target' individual energy centers are not necessary and very risky. I've been there....and done that!

Traditionally...both Chinese and Indian Systems caution practitioners to avoid opening any of the major energy centers out of sequence...starting from the base of the spine...and also caution against specifically seeking 'psychic' or 'spiritual' powers...as doing so has been observed to be harmful for the majority of those who have done so in the past. Tapping into too large of a volume of energy too soon or opening higher energy centers or chakras too soon runs the risk of probably encountering 'energy dynamics' or 'energetic manifestations'...and 'spiritual experiences'...which the practitioner is not prepared to deal with. Then...it is no longer you regulating your chi or kundalini....but the energy controlling you in unexpected or unpredictable and dangerous ways! Seriously consider these points before embarking upon such exercises.
    http://www.shenmentao.com/forum/

Comment

can i ask a question about this?

I try to stop my thrirdeye from openeing id like to know why i am battling a certain energy , in this case.. trying to resist opening the thrid eye..but failing because the energy trying to flow out is stronger than the door.

When the thrid eye is open i feel more vulnerable as well as powerful.

why does the thrid eye make me feel like this? or is it differnet for everybody?

Comment

Active vs. Passive Opening of Chakras

Just as it is inadvisable to attempt to forcefully open an Energy Center or Chakra....it is likewise inadvisable to resist the natural and spontaneous opening of a Chakra as well. These are merely opposite sides of the same coin! Resistance is futile. Once the opening has begun...it will probably continue to over time...so it is best to yield to the process cooperatively. As I often tell students...."Let it go...and let it Flow."

The so-called Third Eye is the Ajna Chakra or Trikuti in the Indian and Tibetan Yoga Tradition. It is considered the Seat of the Mind...and the point of origin for Pranava...i.e. the Sacred Syllable OM. It is traditionally taught in the Indian and Tibetan Yogas that concentration (Dharana) on this Chakra can destroy past life Karma and allow the practitioner (Yogi/Yogini) to become a Jivanmukta...'One who is Liberated while still living'. Since all 8 Major and all 32 Minor Yogic Powers (Siddhis) can be developed by concentrating on this Chakra....a large variety of spiritual experiences are likely to manifest randomly through its opening. These experiences are usually unpredictable and unfamiliar to most pratitioners...and thus cause most to feel somewhat vulnerable...yet also more powerful...as you described. Good luck! Hari Om!

Comment

ahhh i think you're amazing. thank you so much for answering , and also for the effort you / have put in to what you learn.

resistance IS futile !
          thank you for wishing me well!

Comment

Re: Effort!

My pleasure! Thank you for your kind words. The Chinese have a wonderful proverb which literally translates into the English language as "Small Loss for Small Gain...Great Loss for Great Gain." That is to say that small efforts produce small benefits...and great efforts produce great benefits. Another popular way of stating this idea is the expression "You'll get what you give."

I sincerely hope that you...and others who read this...will make a personal decision to make your best efforts in studying and training so that your knowledge and skills will grow proportionately. All the best now and always!

Comment

Protection

Even tho i dont have my 3rd eye open. I have read Qi gong Empowerment(a great book) and Astral Healing Qigong. They both mention protection methods which are extremely important to use when practicing higher level techniques and help protect you once your at a higher spiritual level.
              Those who know do not speak, those who speak, do not know. - Laozi

Comment

thanks

hey, thanks for the books.

thank you!

the reason i feel vunerable and powerful in the third eye is becuase i come into contact with my true self..scars and all... so theres healing to be done... im sure if id did it it wud be no biggie, but its gettig to that point of wanting to forgive and wanting to heal the scars...and letting them go by seeing how the events happned due to a nuber of factors,..nt just blaming one person.

i dont know why this isnt happneing in my heart.. maybe im heartless and mentally controlling!
                Last edited by chiron; 17 September 2005, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Technique

Maybe you should try the 108 breaths technique. It is a form of buddist meditation that helps grow your spiritual flame. Its a great meditation for every ascept of the body.
                  And also the test for the attainment of spiritual flame for cultivators in Gansu, Sichuan Province is to meditate naked in the snow for several hours until the snow surrounding you melts.

Comment

whats this about a flame???

what do the elements mean and how do you use them to do what??!!! or do they just make up a human and you dont have to do anything?

all that potential but what to do with it???. it makes me really sad to think i can feel the elements but not know how to use them.

Comment

using the five elements in training

sorry this was meant for burning question thread in misc...

incorporating the 5 elements in training and blending with the tao

from nothing comes the tao - practice standing meditation

the tao seperates into yin and yang - move to the three circle stance

yin and yang seperate into the five elements - moving forward, moving backwards, moving to the left moving to the right and returning to center.
                      use a martial form you are familiar with.

I percieve the five elements to be:

1. Yang (like a Mountain) - earth
                      2. Yin (like the Sky) - air
                      3. Yang/Yin (like a full moon reflecting the ocean) -water
                      4. Yin/Yang (like the sun warming your face in the morning) - fire
                      5. All of the Above or Yin and Yang as one (like mercury) - metal

from yin and yang also comes the 8 directions of a compass or the 8 trigrams

ward off
                      roll back
                      press
                      push
                      spread
                      take
                      give
                      lean

This is taught in grasping the sparrow's tail technique in Tai Chi Chuan

From the 8 directions form the 64 situations - study the I Ching

From the 64 situations give rise to the 10,000 things - study the Tao te Ching

but the 10,000 things return to the tao - don't study! Better to practice!

And from the tao forms nothing - return to standing meditation

the five elements are like a bowl of porage
                      Last edited by cosmicdragon108; 18 September 2005, 02:10 AM. Reason: this was meant for burning question thread

Comment

ha ha

thank you.. that was really helpfull.. i will look it up now and get soem kind of understadning i hope.

Comment

Elements

You should pick up Qigong Empowerment. I found it very informative about Qigong, Buddist meditation, Healing qigong(elements and extra senses for scanning), and Wushu( iron shirt, iron head, iron arm, iron throat, etc.)

Maybe if you search on google you'l find it. 70 breath or 108 breath meditation (same thing but 1 is more advance). Microcosmic Orbit, Macrocosmic Orbit (regulates the elements in the body). Also once your training improves you must try the Seven Star Big Dipper Method.

Comment

Working...
                          X